I have a GTP 8.4 and an S4 phone. I have SideSync 3.0 setup with them paired.
1) I believe SideSync is only between phone and tablet - no PC involved or supported.
2) After playing with it for 30 minutes or so, SideSync looks completely useless to me.
- SideSync will only connect the devices when they are both on the same WiFi network. So, if you're out and about, you can use it. If you're using your phone as a hotspot and the tablet connected to the Internet via the hotspot, you also can't use SideSync.
- There is a free app for Verizon customers called Verizon Messages, which I already have on my tablet, It gives me full SMS/MMS mirroring between my phone and tablet - without having to pair the devices.
- Leaving SideSync running all the time is a battery hog, so you wouldn't want to do that. So, when you DO want to use it, you have to start it on both devices. Well, if I'm going to pick up my phone to start SideSync, just to control it with my tablet, what's the point? I can just do whatever I need to do on my phone when I pick it up.
- Being able to place/receive calls using my tablet, with it actually going through the phone might be cool sometimes, but, as I said, if I have to grab my phone and start SideSync first, I'm probably just going to make the call using the phone. Alternatively, I'd try to figure out a way to pair my tab to the phone using Bluetooth and use the tablet as a handsfree device instead, leaving SideSync out of it.
If anyone can tell me something useful about SideSync, I'd love to hear it. I may have tried it and totally missed some cool use case.