At&t S 5 Active Restore Thread (NE4) (NO MORE SUPPORT)

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NO MORE SUPPORT.....GAME OVER
    Did you delete your data, system, safestrap is gone, only download mode and stock recovery are available? Do you want to start fresh and out of the box new?
    (( FOR s 5 ACTIVE )) NE4
    Thanks to @ted77usa & @Intub8 for the help. SAM MOBILE for the Firmware and steps. KNOX was not tripped. Nothing was after this. It worked perfectly.
    Just FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
    Do this at your own risk. If you don't read and mess up your phone, its not my fault :). As long as you can get into download mode, this will help out a lot. I am not responsible for what you do to your device.

Odin Back to s5 Active Stock. NE4

Make sure you have the Samsung drivers installed before starting.
    Samsung USB drivers
    Make sure USB debugging is checked under settings/developer options. If you don't know how to do that, go to "about device" in settings, and click on "Build Number x5 till you unlock Developer options".

1. Extract (unzip) the firmware file (NE4) HERE
    2. Download Odin v3.09 HERE
    3. Extract Odin zip-file
    4. Open Odin v3.09
    5. Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes
      Note : Some users are getting stuck at long At&t screen, once odin finishes and you happen to get stuck, reboot to stock recovery and factory reset your phone.
      It should boot up just fine after that. The At&t screen sometimes takes a while.

You can do this below if you want. I have done this about 5 or 6 times. #6 and 7 happens sometimes.

I wanted to be totally fresh and wanted to use "Wipe Data (YES)" in safestrap. Here is what I did and what happened.
    My phone has been really good since this and all is smooth.

Things to do to be fresh and start all the way over out of box style:
    1. Make sure you have done a back up, and your ready to restore with Odin.
    2. Go into Safestrap
    3. Go to WIPE tab > Factory reset
    4. Advanced wipe, (Wipe > Dalvik Cache, "NOT Micro SDcard"> Data, Cache, System)
    5. For really starting over > next to Advanced wipe is "Format Data" do that and type YES
    6. This will get rid of safestrap and everything so you will get a black screen once it deletes all.
    7. Try to catch it and go into download mode before it boots to the Samsung screen (Which it will stay there FOREVER)
    (As soon as your phone does this, try to catch it before the samsung screen and go into download mode. When it turns black, quickly hold Power + Volume down + home button. )
    8. While in download mode, flash the restore firmware.
    9. Let it do its thing and you will be factory new.
    10. After it all settles down and you are back up and running, you can start like I do.
    (Root with V3 (Make it Rain), Install and update SU, Reboot 3 times lol, install busybox, install safestrap, install xposed, reboot, install your modules, reboot, power down and boot back but go into safestrap and wipe dalvik cache and regular cache. Reboot. lol- Install all your apps you like or have your backups from titanium on your sd card and restore) Reboot and go into safestrap again and fix permissions and reboot lol...... BAM. (Your phone should be sick and you should throw up on it)

LINKS
    NE4 (THE MAIN FILE YOU NEED)
    [KITKAT:ND3]
    LATEST BETA FILE: Safestrap-KLTEATT-ND3-3.75-B03.apk
    XDA Downloads Safestrap
    Mirror 1 (Crackflasher) Safestrap
    BUSYBOX
    SUPERSU
    For those who updated your Active S 5, you can use this thread to get back. Make sure you freeze the At&t Update, Sammy push, and security updates. This will keep the updates from coming in on you.

If I have helped/or this thread has helped, please hit the thanks button for me. Thanks !!!
    Anybody have a mirror?

Here yah go: drive.google[.]com/file/d/0BwsrmAcZGmRfZHZuX3UzblVXbm8/view?usp=sharing <-- I cant post links properly yet :p
    I got it from sammobile.com yesterday (I paid for an account on their download site)

If my link goes down, send me a PM and I'll fix it.

-Edit:
    After flashing with Odin make sure to boot up the recovery and do a factory reset. The phone may not boot otherwise.
    I will probably be attempting this in a few days but I need to sort out a few details.

- Are these (freeze the At&t Update, Sammy push, and security updates) all performed from the application manager? Or is another app required to freeze them? I use Titanium Backup to freeze apps.

- The first 9 steps in your write up, are as clear as crystal to me, and the next 10 (the additional cleaning) are pretty clear.

Its the paragraph after that where I get concerned.

Example:

Install and update SU - Just use the version in the playstore(sometimes its outdated)? I use the app from the SU website

install busybox, install safestrap, install xposed - From playstore also?SafeStrap from the SS websitesite...xposed from play.

install your modules - Modules?xposed modules. You'll see when you DL the application. Modules do different things.

10char
    LINKS are Live again.