Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Gear Live screen protector

Tip us?

jockarlos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Gear Live screen protector

I just find a screen protector for my pre-order gearlive, I want to have the protector before my device arrives but this one is available for shipping a day after the watch will ship. Probably it will arrive sunner, the protector. Maybe there is another screen protector for the gearlive available right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	2824941  

vypurr
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Just buy ANY screen protector and cut your own! Xtremeguard should get you one big enough to cut 2-3 tries (get the Note protector)

1) Get the cheapest one possible from XtremeGuard: http://slickdeals.net/f/7032118-xtre...-free-shipping
2) Trace face of watch into paper
3) Transfer template from paper onto screen protector
4) Cut out
5) Install

6) Repeat if you mis-cut or mis-measured

frankthetoad
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is this likely to be a concern? Is there something different about the glass on these watches than regular watches? I've always worn a watch, and while I bump it from time to time against something, I've never had a big scratch....

senseijuan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Screen protector for Gear Live

Im a fan of Skinomi screen protector, got one here http://www.smartwatchappcenter.com/b...ctorguard.html they have a durable screen guard and doesn't yellow I bought mine from Amazon

Daistaar
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post
Is this likely to be a concern? Is there something different about the glass on these watches than regular watches? I've always worn a watch, and while I bump it from time to time against something, I've never had a big scratch....
I'm with you. Aside from an occasional bump I've never seen anything happen to any of my watches. I can't imagine it would be different for the Live. People can't look at this device like they would a phone. It shouldn't be falling and subjecting to the same things your phone would be. Rather it wouldn't be as likely to be subjected to the same amount of potential torture.

ReconPeon
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I can't tell you I have had all of the gets and never put a screen protector on any of them and none of them have had a single scratch on the screen. This is with normal daily wear and bumping then into other objects.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

SkuzFoz
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconPeon View Post
I can't tell you I have had all of the gets and never put a screen protector on any of them and none of them have had a single scratch on the screen. This is with normal daily wear and bumping then into other objects.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
I scratched my Pebble a couple of times, but it's plastic. It never took any impact damage, and all of its scratches were from situations in which I was stupid to not remove it, like car work.

nicogri
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I bought gear 2 screen protector from Amazon for my live (adfolix) . After 2 days I got a pretty bad scratch on it so I had to change it as I only seen the scratch when looking at watch hoping the second will last longer...
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A on 4.4.2 official (my work phone)
HTC Desire HD on CM11 M8 nightly (my pers. phone)
HP TouchPad on CM11 M8 nightly
Samsung Galaxy S2 NFC on Omega ROM v24 4.1.2
Samsung Gear Live

lsv-1
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
I've been using this full body protector and it fits perfect. It's from iq shield.

Gr8Danes
Old
Thanks Meter 102
I have that one also and it works great.
Blackberry 8900>Samsung Captivate>Motorola Atrix>LG Thrill>SGS2 Skyrocket>SGS3>Note 2>LG G2>Note 3>Nexus 5 and SGS5