Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,848 Members 37,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SG Note 3 in the Philippines

Tip us?

jermitano
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 842
Phone SG Note 3 in the Philippines

welcome to the galaxy note 3 threads in the philippines

fortunately i was invited on one of the unpacking events in our country and got to take home a pre production phone on load

here are photos of my loaned unit

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...FZbLnWqMdkEfO8

here's my light review of my unit care of Mark Macanas of TechPinas

http://www.techpinas.com/2013/09/sam...-lte-quad.html

we already have a formed group at facebook philippines:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290019681144344/

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

"never argue with an IDIOT, they'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jermitano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jermitano
Old
Thanks Meter 842
reserved for future use

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

"never argue with an IDIOT, they'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"

force70
Old
Thanks Meter 1579
Very nice, your very fortunate to get a unit to test out!

My wife is pinay and ill be in the Philippines this march so i tend to follow the alot of the Philippines threads on here just out of interest in what's going on with devices there.

from Canada via my S3, S4 or Note2
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Current devices :S4, Note 3, G2

jermitano
Old
Thanks Meter 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70 View Post
Very nice, your very fortunate to get a unit to test out!

My wife is pinay and ill be in the Philippines this march so i tend to follow the alot of the Philippines threads on here just out of interest in what's going on with devices there.

from Canada via my S3, S4 or Note2
yeah i was lucky, being part of the team here and the facebook group helped too...samsung is beginning to tap the user community, as they should have done earlier...

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

rockysiccion
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Nice! Dont know what to get one first. Note 3 or note 10.1 2014.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using xda app-developers app

ttl8me
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default lucky you!

Your one lucky guy to be able to experience my next dream phone! Hope you can update us further on your day to day usage with regards to camera quality if there are any issues, also is the screen experiencing black clippings when playing movies with a lot of dark shots like Harry Potter, etc...

tyre777
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Hey kababayan! I've been following your techpinas updates. Any news on the pricing and release dates here in the philippines? Thanks!

jermitano
Old
Thanks Meter 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttl8me View Post
Your one lucky guy to be able to experience my next dream phone! Hope you can update us further on your day to day usage with regards to camera quality if there are any issues, also is the screen experiencing black clippings when playing movies with a lot of dark shots like Harry Potter, etc...
ill try...i just have it for some days though but i smacked tested the camera and the screen...

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

jermitano
Old
Thanks Meter 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyre777 View Post
Hey kababayan! I've been following your techpinas updates. Any news on the pricing and release dates here in the philippines? Thanks!
they are still privy on the price of the phone but i guesstimate it between 35-40K...release is pushed and the launch is on the last week of september

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

drphph
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default How's responsiveness?

Preparing to replace my Note with either this or the Z1.

Just wondering:

1.) How is lag and hangs on the Note3? Did any show up while you are using it? Preferably while you are doing the benchmark or under heavy load.

2.) How about accuracy of the screen? The note is off by a few pixels how about this? I think this was well documented problem on the note, I'll describe it if you are not familiar with it.

3.) Touch responsiveness? The note is slow on the lockscreen when you have pin lock. Try something like 160425 as your pin (no that is not my pin, I just randomly chose a 6 digit that can take advantage of both thumbs so you can press them very fast one after the other with preferably 1-2ms lag between each press), then press them 1 after the other very fast preferably on 2handed use. A lot of the times 1 of them won't register or will register wrong for the Note1. How about the Note3?

I'm a bit of a power user and the lag on the Note is annoying and is still laggy even after being rooted and flashed with slim bean. Just wanted to hear your take on the note3. As this might be the tie breaker for me.

I'm very disappointed with the Note (I wanted to throw it away after 6months of use but is under a 2yrs contract so... yeah) Mostly with TW and the screen, I even have ghost presses on the screen (luckily it was replaced while in warranty). So kinda want to stay away from sammy this round but between the Note3 and the Z1, the Note3 has the advantage of 3gb ram and 32gb storage (I'm on smart and I'm sure they will only have this version) on the hardware side and sammy usually have the bootloader unlocked, I expect this one to be the same while the Z1 will have it locked and I will lose a lot of the built-in features for unlocking it. But the lag on my Note is a big downer for getting another sammy that I'm willing to fore go the advantage of sammy for sony.

Thanks =)