Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX]Unauthorized Riff Box error

Tip us?

FlyingPoo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Default [FIX]Unauthorized Riff Box error

I'm not to sure where to post such a thread like this and I hope its allowed, and I hope it helps everyone else out.

Alright I had an "Unauthorized Riffbox" but official box sold to me by a vendor that will remain unnamed. The vendor nor Riffbox was helpful in getting it fixed for me. So I found my own solution here and as a matter of fact is hidden and found by mistake on the riffbox servers. Now this worked for me and Im not sure if it will work on ACTUAL clones.

http://riffbox.org/ (without the www.)

Download:
"Jtag Supporter for Riffbox" BUT DO NOT CLICK "FIX SUPPORT" as it overwrites your host file instead of appending to it, so I'm going to give you the info to append to your own HOST file. As my host file was modified to block ads.

Also, download the latest firmware (1.37) and the "jtag manager 1.49 setup"

All versions 1.50 and up "kill" cloned and some Authorized boxes when the database "mysteriously crashed" and they lost serial numbers.

Anyway, Moving on:

add these three lines to the bottom of your host file found in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host

212.124.123.206 riffbox.org
212.124.123.206 warrior.riffbox.org
212.124.123.206 runner.riffbox.org

Next, uninstall any version of Riff Box manager you may have installed.

Run Riff Jtag Supporter and click "Chck Support Fixed" to see if your host forwarded correctly. Then click "Get box info" to see if you need to do a firmware update BUT DO NOT UPDATE WITH THIS SOFTWARE! (If you do, you can fix it in the official RIFF Box Manager)

Install Riff Box manager 1.49 and let install drivers, ect. Once you get it opened you should be back up and running with a working Riff Box!

Head over to the "Box Service" tab and update your box's firmware as needed.

In the mean time I'm going to repair a few things and will be back later to answer questions.

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPoo View Post
I'm not to sure where to post such a thread like this and I hope its allowed, and I hope it helps everyone else out.

Alright I had an "Unauthorized Riffbox" but official box sold to me by a vendor that will remain unnamed. The vendor nor Riffbox was helpful in getting it fixed for me. So I found my own solution here and as a matter of fact is hidden and found by mistake on the riffbox servers. Now this worked for me and Im not sure if it will work on ACTUAL clones.

http://riffbox.org/ (without the www.)

Download:
"Jtag Supporter for Riffbox" BUT DO NOT CLICK "FIX SUPPORT" as it overwrites your host file instead of appending to it, so I'm going to give you the info to append to your own HOST file. As my host file was modified to block ads.

Also, download the latest firmware (1.37) and the "jtag manager 1.49 setup"

All versions 1.50 and up "kill" cloned and some Authorized boxes when the database "mysteriously crashed" and they lost serial numbers.

Anyway, Moving on:

add these three lines to the bottom of your host file found in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host

212.124.123.206 riffbox.org
212.124.123.206 warrior.riffbox.org
212.124.123.206 runner.riffbox.org

Next, uninstall any version of Riff Box manager you may have installed.

Run Riff Jtag Supporter and click "Chck Support Fixed" to see if your host forwarded correctly. Then click "Get box info" to see if you need to do a firmware update BUT DO NOT UPDATE WITH THIS SOFTWARE! (If you do, you can fix it in the official RIFF Box Manager)

Install Riff Box manager 1.49 and let install drivers, ect. Once you get it opened you should be back up and running with a working Riff Box!

Head over to the "Box Service" tab and update your box's firmware as needed.

In the mean time I'm going to repair a few things and will be back later to answer questions.
Thanks, this helped me. I have the same problem I have a genuine RIFFBOX over 2 years old but the database says my box is unauthorised! I think this is disgusting treatment when I bought the box in good faith. The author of the software also has a pretty bad attitude towards owners of RIFFBOX.

shtewps
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Much appreciated FlyingPoo. Huge save here and your process worked like a charm.

My riff is legit too... can't believe this behavior.
UTStarcom PPC-6700
HTC Touch
HTC Diamond
HTC Touch Pro
HTC Touch Pro 2
Motorola Milestone
HTC 7 Surround
HTC Desire HD
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 +Gear

nbkappa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry riff prb

Yes, you will be able to open Jtag Manager and download some dll.s, but as you.ll try to resurect a phone you.ll get the RTCK signal error, and you wont be able to get resurection dll for new phones like Desire 500.

Pls try and reply.

I also found recently that my genuine Riff is avtually a clone...

I was thinking to pa 80 usd for activation, but i wonder whats the hardware differences between genuine and copy Riffs

Thanks

FlyingPoo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbkappa View Post
Yes, you will be able to open Jtag Manager and download some dll.s, but as you.ll try to resurect a phone you.ll get the RTCK signal error, and you wont be able to get resurection dll for new phones like Desire 500.

Pls try and reply.

I was thinking to pa 80 usd for activation, but i wonder whats the hardware differences between genuine and copy Riffs

Thanks
I'll look into this and see if I can find the .DLL database so that we may grab DLLs manually as needed.

I'm in the process of reverse engineering the older and newer manager software packages as well as some network traffic package capturing.

daspazz
Old
(Last edited by daspazz; 11th May 2014 at 07:34 PM.) Reason: fixed
Thanks Meter 73
Thanks I'm in the same boat! Its pissing me off. I've had my riffbox for a long time and I didn't find your post until after I had installed 1.5x manager sw. Now my box is stuck blinking all lights. Any ideas on how to get it to stop. When I run riffmanager 1.48 it can't find my box!

I can't find the files you talked about either!! 8-(

Leave it to XDA to fix someone else's f00kupz!!i found a fix thread and now iim back to trying to update firmware on my box. seems like i can't find the update server1111 ..... sigh
IR Tarded- I Playz Gtar.

Samsung Galaxy S III - Liquid Smooth ROM 3.2 Unified, cause it RockS like me!

Asus Transformer TF700T - [ROM]★★[4.2.x] CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.41.x [DEODEX] It just works better!

daspazz
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:

Pls try and reply.

Thanks

How did you determine that?
IR Tarded- I Playz Gtar.

Asus Transformer TF700T - [ROM]★★[4.2.x] CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.41.x [DEODEX] It just works better!

nbkappa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daspazz View Post
How did you determine that?
Determine what ?

daspazz
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Determine what ?X

"I also found recently that my genuine Riff is actually a clone..."
Determined that
IR Tarded- I Playz Gtar.

nbkappa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daspazz View Post
Determined that
to know for sure, you'll have to open the box, and check with photo from thread

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f634...-pass-1800389/

also here : http://forum.legija.net/showthread.p...support-ticket

it seems the photo is from a genuine riff

anyway i bought it for a reasonable price and the reseller it was originally bought from it seems he had sold lots of clones...

so i think is was a copy.

i paid for activation, and will wait activation these days.

if cannot be activated, will open the case, make photos and post here.