Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sony Xperia Neo L not getting switched on

Tip us?

NSatya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sony Xperia Neo L not getting switched on

My mobile Sony Xperia Neo L is not getting switched on. It got turned off on its own. My mobile was under the below explained situation before it stopped working.
1. I was getting alerts saying - LOW PHONE MEMORY IS AVAILABLE delete some data. It had 43 MB left in phone memory.
2. Memory card was also full the day before.
3. I was not able to install any applications.
4. Since I have activated the auto update for few applications like Whatsapp, google maps etc. For them also i used to get alerts saying - INSUFFICIENT STORAGE IS AVAIALABLE TO UPDATE the software.
5. I always keep Wi-Fi on in my mobile. (If any open Wi-Fi is available mobile will get updates)
6. Battery was more than 30% charged.

All of the above may be the reasons for software problem.

No time in the past phusical harm happened to the phone, Since i bought in 2012 August.
I had gone through Sony Support Center to repair, but still it didnt worked.
Could any one help me to solve the problem ?

Phillip Wu
Old
Thanks Meter 1553
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSatya View Post
Even sony can't help you how can we help you ?

NSatya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Through sony support center i had upated the OS. In fact my phone was having latest version of OS than what I had installed through Sony.

cherry676
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
My mobile Sony Xperia Neo L is not getting switched on. It got turned off on its own. My mobile was under the below explained situation before it stopped working.
1. I was getting alerts saying - LOW PHONE MEMORY IS AVAILABLE delete some data. It had 43 MB left in phone memory.
2. Memory card was also full the day before.
3. I was not able to install any applications.
4. Since I have activated the auto update for few applications like Whatsapp, google maps etc. For them also i used to get alerts saying - INSUFFICIENT STORAGE IS AVAIALABLE TO UPDATE the software.
5. I always keep Wi-Fi on in my mobile. (If any open Wi-Fi is available mobile will get updates)
6. Battery was more than 30% charged.

All of the above may be the reasons for software problem.

No time in the past phusical harm happened to the phone, Since i bought in 2012 August.
One last try you can give... Connect your phone to the charger and check if the led turns on.. Or else connect USB to the phone... While plugging it to the computer, hold the back button.... Check for the led light to turn GREEN... If this happens, then nothing wrong has happened to your phone.. Else no one can help you... PM me for further help..

NSatya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry676 View Post
One last try you can give... Connect your phone to the charger and check if the led turns on.. Or else connect USB to the phone... While plugging it to the computer, hold the back button.... Check for the led light to turn GREEN... If this happens, then nothing wrong has happened to your phone.. Else no one can help you... PM me for further help..
I have done as you said, LED light turned green... If there is no problem, y it is not getting switch on ?
I really appreciate your response.

motorazrv3
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Default AW: [Q] Sony Xperia Neo L not getting switched on

Quote:
I have done as you said, LED light turned green... If there is no problem, y it is not getting switch on ?
I really appreciate your response.
If led turns green than install flash tool to your PC, download latest ftf file for your phone and flash the ftf to your phone. But flash not whole rom parts, only flash kernel within that ftf.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2
Please "Thank" my post if I helped
The Following User Says Thank You to motorazrv3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NSatya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorazrv3 View Post
If led turns green than install flash tool to your PC, download latest ftf file for your phone and flash the ftf to your phone. But flash not whole rom parts, only flash kernel within that ftf.

Thanks for your reply, could you please provide the steps to do what you said..

sumitverma1
Old
(Last edited by sumitverma1; 29th August 2013 at 02:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: [Q] Sony Xperia Neo L not getting switched on

If u from india then u can call me I can fix ur problem. Just dwnld flashtool and firmware of neo l then flash it

Sent from my MT25i using xda premium

LoneWanderer
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorazrv3 View Post

and why should he flash only kernel??

NSatya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitverma1 View Post
If u from india then u can call me I can fix ur problem 9437256037. Just dwnld flashtool and firmware of neo l then flash it

Sent from my MT25i using xda premium
Kindly provide the giudance, I am not in India now.. Explain the steps how to do..