Buyers Remorse

Search This thread

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
If i liked LCD I would've never bought a Samsung phone which is quite obvious. Am fine with punchy but oversaturated colors is not what I like and I love options where I could tweak or change it as per my eyes.

Yeah but these days LCD displays are on par (may not be better) with SAMOELD Displays.
I think the only LCD display that even comes close to the S5 is the One M8's display.
When the displays are off, S5 looks an ordinary phone whereas Z2 & M8 look premium phones, switch on the phones and it's a completely different story altogether!

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
I think the only LCD display that even comes close to the S5 is the One M8's display.
When the displays are off, S5 looks an ordinary phone whereas Z2 & M8 look premium phones, switch on the phones and it's a completely different story altogether!
In 720p category , Note 3 Neo is decent enough and unless you use a microscope or compare another phone side by side with higher resolution you won't notice much .

Surprising no one else apart from me doesn't see any flaws in this phone. They love their purchase way too much

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
In 720p category , Note 3 Neo is decent enough and unless you use a microscope or compare another phone side by side with higher resolution you won't notice much .

Surprising no one else apart from me doesn't see any flaws in this phone. They love their purchase way too much
Ditto on the resolution. At first I was a bit skeptical but now I'm really satisfied. People tend to get too crazy about the specifications.

Well every phone has it's flaws, but what do u think? Such opinion about the phone is a good thing or a bad thing? :p

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012

Well it's not like that. I agree the camera is not AS good as u expected but as a package, this phone is phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
Well it's not like that. I agree the camera is not AS good as u expected but as a package, this phone is phenomenal.

TBH I was impressed by the low light performance of the camera and feel its good overall(except the Macro mode which is absent)

Ditto on the resolution. At first I was a bit skeptical but now I'm really satisfied. People tend to get too crazy about the specifications.

Well every phone has it's flaws, but what do u think? Such opinion about the phone is a good thing or a bad thing? :p

Dont care about cores and megapixels and all that just real world performance and Samsung had introduced the Note 3 Neo for people who wanted to upgrade from Note 2 or people who were keen to buy the Note 2 so I expect all the options in Note 2 to be present in this one. I'm sure very few users moved from another brand of phone to this model so I still call it FAIL for Samsung

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
TBH I was impressed by the low light performance of the camera and feel its good overall(except the Macro mode which is absent)

Dont care about cores and megapixels and all that just real world performance and Samsung had introduced the Note 3 Neo for people who wanted to upgrade from Note 2 or people who were keen to buy the Note 2 so I expect all the options in Note 2 to be present in this one. I'm sure very few users moved from another brand of phone to this model so I still call it FAIL for Samsung
No it's not for people who wanted to upgrade from the note 2, it's for the people who want to buy Note 3 but cannot afford one (primary reason), but want to enjoy all note features. Honestly all things considered I feel it's a phenomenal package as filthykid mentioned. U have a peculiar problem which is unfortunate!

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Actually the camera is a lot better than I expected! I've handled a lot of 8 mp phones and this one is among the very best!

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
No it's not for people who wanted to upgrade from the note 2, it's for the people who want to buy Note 3 but cannot afford one (primary reason), but want to enjoy all note features!

On spot. I always wanted to buy Note 3 but ALWAYS felt its overpriced for a phone. However, when Note 3 neo arrived, I wanted to buy one but was shocked to find out it is a couple of K's lower than Note 3 itself. Felt dissapointed. but with the present price scenario, it's worth every penny.

Actually the camera is a lot better than I expected! I've handled a lot of 8 mp phones and this one is among the very best!

Really? Why am I not impressed :(. No matter what I do, most pics turn out blurred. This other day I went with my colleagues and handed the phone to the waiter. Out of 7 pics, 4 were blurred. After a while, I asked my colleague to capture a few and again the same result. AT first I thought may be it's me.

For a good captured pic, I think it's imperative to hold the phone for, like, 2 seconds after Capturing the image. However with my sister's S3, it wasn't like that at all. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India

On spot. I always wanted to buy Note 3 but ALWAYS felt its overpriced for a phone. However, when Note 3 neo arrived, I wanted to buy one but was shocked to find out it is a couple of K's lower than Note 3 itself. Felt dissapointed. but with the present price scenario, it's worth every penny.

[/COLOR]

Really? Why am I not impressed :(. No matter what I do, most pics turn out blurred. This other day I went with my colleagues and handed the phone to the waiter. Out of 7 pics, 4 were blurred. After a while, I asked my colleague to capture a few and again the same result. AT first I thought may be it's me.

For a good captured pic, I think it's imperative to hold the phone for, like, 2 seconds after Capturing the image. However with my sister's S3, it wasn't like that at all. Any suggestions?
The price of Note 3 is still very high (ofcourse not iPhone level), normally the price decreases for Samsung phones but in case of Note 3 it has remained pretty much stagnant for last 5-6 months which is surprising!

My dad has S3 and I can tell u the pic quality of both the phones is superb for 8 mp cameras, it is slightly better when clicked with Neo, especially in indoor photography due to the digital stabilisation. I hope you've turned on the digital stabilisation option present in the camera settings, results are noticeably better with the option ticked. Make sure to not shake the camera when the "processing" dialog box appears, else the pics will come out blurred.

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
The price of Note 3 is still very high (ofcourse not iPhone level), normally the price decreases for Samsung phones but in case of Note 3 it has remained pretty much stagnant for last 5-6 months which is surprising!

My dad has S3 and I can tell u the pic quality of both the phones is superb for 8 mp cameras, it is slightly better when clicked with Neo, especially in indoor photography due to the digital stabilisation. I hope you've turned on the digital stabilisation option present in the camera settings, results are noticeably better with the option ticked. Make sure to not shake the camera when the "processing" dialog box appears, else the pics will come out blurred.

I did put check on it in the beginning but then unticked it because, like u mentioned, it was taking time. And a slight shake would blur the image and destroy the moment. So sadly, I unticked it.

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
I did put check on it in the beginning but then unticked it because, like u mentioned, it was taking time. And a slight shake would blur the image and destroy the moment. So sadly, I unticked it.
Yes, the moment is lost in that situation. But if u like to take a great pic then tick it before taking such a pic! :)

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
Yes, the moment is lost in that situation. But if u like to take a great pic then tick it before taking such a pic! :)

Yeah that's what I have been doing now but I wish the processing time to get reduced to .000001 second seriously.. lol

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
Yeah that's what I have been doing now but I wish the processing time to get reduced to .000001 second seriously.. lol

Hahaha.. u can't have it all! :p
btw, it's so annoying, I was trying to reply to ur post earlier and xda redirected me continuously to download this clauncher. Come on xda! -_-

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
Oh. This app has gone crazy. It crashes most of the time and often quotes incorrect replies. ....as in the ones which I do not select :/

redlag

Apr 1, 2011
Guys, can anyone let me know the model number of the Indian version of note 3 neo and weather it has NFC and infrared port or not? Are there any other changes (reductions) in the Indian version of note 3 neo?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
Guys, can anyone let me know the model number of the Indian version of note 3 neo and weather it has NFC and infrared port or not? Are there any other changes (reductions) in the Indian version of note 3 neo?

Model number is SM-N750 . NFC and IR is present on the Note 3 neo .

nick99n

Jun 28, 2014

the indian version is SM-N750 and it only has 3g while the international one has 4g i think that's the only reduction
it has nfc and infared port

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're not satisfied with the phone, then sell it. :)
    Display Profiles, I kinda miss it in my previous Note 2 and Note 3. I'm used to the Neo's profile though.
    Regarding S-Pen Keeper, I really liked it too, but I hardly leave without the Pen even when I used the previous notes, and there's also a S-Pen icon notification on top.
    About the macro, it's not built for total macro shots since it doesn't have a nice aperture, but it doesn't necessarily mean the overall camera performance is bad. Here's a few macros I took myself, it's not that bad, right? :angel:
    Lesson learnt . Never upgrade from a flagship phone to a Neo or mini variant [emoji24][emoji16]
    Haha.. depends on how many bucks u can shed! :p
    Yes

U think so? Maybe I should apply for the copyright of this one liner. :p :D

Yes I think so. heheheh :p Actually almost every one of your post in this thread sound very very good :good:

But I too am surprised that out of all features sammy decided to remove this one - incredible Samsung!
    :good:

Haha.. depends on how many bucks u can shed! :p
    :good:

May be Samsung has "hidden" those featureS? May be we can get those features by putting some code on dialpad?
    for example *#9900# will give you additional settings mostly diagnostics. I have tried it on Note 2, Note 3 Neo and Note 8.0

I hope we can get back that "display" feature.

Cheers!
    Long story short, did you sell yours?