Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ focus: HTC One 2014 | M8 ]

Tip us?

jonas2295
Old
(Last edited by jonas2295; 17th April 2014 at 04:57 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2412

DONATE TO ME
Default HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ focus: HTC One 2014 | M8 ]

The purpose of this thread is to continue that which we started in the One / One X forums. That is to dissect current HTC flagship phones and compare them to new tech hitting the market, new flagship news, smartphone news, etc.

Rules
1. All xda forum rules apply.
2. Comparisons to other phones is ok but only with an objective and not opinionated views.
3. You can SHARE opinions but think of how you state it as to not impose your opinion.
4. If you feel something is worthy of the true Mega Info Thread PM the thread OP. We might miss it.
5. Rom or Kernel links are ok for updates. If you know how include the changelog.
6. This isn't necessarily a troubleshooting thread though we can try to help. Those type of things belong in your ROM/kernel thread.
7. This is not a cry babies thread, bashing, hatred or a futile expression of frustration should be kept else where

If there´s any discussion going too much off-topic or to aggressive, I will lock down the thread temporarily to get everyone calm down and will get a mod into this.

Notable links can be found in second post below

Have fun !

You want 20gb free cloud storage ?
use my referral link and you get them right away at copy.com !
Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonas2295 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 3rd June 2014 at 09:25 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13079
Default HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ focus: HTC One 2014 | M8 ]

@jonas2295 will be handling OP/RC duties for this thread but i will be contributing as always

Below are links to notable topics, threads and posts

Current focus:

HTC One 2014 (M8) Camera collective post >>

HTC One 2014 (M8) Information Collective Post>>

HTC One 2014 (M8) Official Product Page>> Google Play Edition>>

HTC One 2014 (M8) pre-release mockup>>

HTC One 2014 (E8) polycarbonate version of the M8>>

Previous Mega and Gaming performance threads

HTC One (M7) Mega Information Thread

HTC One Gaming Performance Thread

HTC One X Mega Information Thread

HTC One X Gaming Performance Thread

Other related posts

HTC One (M7) UltraPixel samples and tests compilation>>

HTC One M7 Camera: Sharpness control>>

4MP Ultrapixel versus Sony's 13MP and impressive Ultrapixel samples (collective post I)>>

4MP Ultrapixel versus the world, impressive per pixel detail (collective post II)>>

HTC One, 3D Games Performance Report Part III>> (Asphalt 7, Real Racing 3, Fast and Furious 6)

HTC One, 3D Games Performance Report Part II>> (Dead Trigger, Modern Combat 4, Need for Speed Most Wanted)

HTC One, 3D Games Performance Report Part I>> (Beach Buggy Blitz, Temple Run 2, Shadowgun Deadzone)

HTC One, 3D Games Performance Report, Asphalt 8>>

HTC Desire HD Camera guide>>
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 19th August 2013 at 03:13 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13079
Awesome, let's hope this works

so let's begin shall we

did anyone notice the new Here's To change page on the HTC website?

helps explain what the new ad campaign all about

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

meanwhile the HTC One X is having an Epic day, it just got updated to the full fledged Sense 5

ARHD Blog: HTC One X with Android 4.2.2 & HTC Sense 5.0 update
Quote:
HTC One X is one of the very few (if not the only one) devices from HTC which reached 4.xx.xxx.x software version (4.18.491.2). This only proves how great this device still is and how many users are still actively using it.
HTCSource: HTC One X Android 4.2.2 update with Sense 5 commences rollout in Europe
Quote:
Roughly a year and a half after the HTC One X showed up in retail stores, the handset in now receiving its second major Android update. The HTC One X’s Android 4.2.2 update (version 4.18.401.2) weighs in at roughly 380 MB. The update delivery all the usual Android 4.2.2 features from Google and and most of the Sense 5 feature’s from the HTC One. HTC one X owners will be able to enjoy the new flat UI, BlinkFeed, new gallery with Video Highlights, updated music app with visualizations and lyric sync along with dozens of other improvements to HTC’s software.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeSaint2
Old
(Last edited by DeSaint2; 19th August 2013 at 07:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 298
HTC One ARHD to be updated new base.

I retract my previous statement. Guess it is just a new base. 32mb ota. Not sure what is different. The base didn't jump very much in number so unfortunately no 4.3.....yet. sorry for the confusion.
HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread

Devices

HTC Inspire 4G(retired)>HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to DeSaint2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 19th August 2013 at 04:16 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13079
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSaint2 View Post
ARHD to be updated to Android 4.3

Mike has the android 4.3 sense 5(maybe 5.1) update ready to launch to ru's today.
where do you see 4.3 or 5.1 though? all he said that 13.0 is coming

plus since it's in the general area, you should mention the device in question as well (HTC One)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeSaint2
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
where do you see 4.3 or 5.1 though? all he said that 13.0 is coming
I'm pretty stoked for it. Lol

For those who don't know how his version numbers go, .x releases are bug fixes small feature additions. Xx.x releases are android version updates. So one can assume it is 4.3.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Devices

The Following User Says Thank You to DeSaint2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LoopDoGG79
Old
Thanks Meter 1345
But OT has a place to discuss HTC matters?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=39220110

OT HTC discussion thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1!
MY SIG

Phone SM-N900T
Rom STOCK
Baseband version UVUCNB
Recovery STOCK
Kernel STOCK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other devices:
Nexus 7 Flo (On CleanRom 2.6! )
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoopDoGG79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 19th August 2013 at 04:56 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13079
HTC One Max to feature fingerprint reader? (and dock charger?)
Quote:
A leaked snap of the haughty HTC One Max points to a huge frame and a rear-placed fingerprint reader.

As you can see the HTC One Max makes the One look small and the Mini, well, it lives up to its name. But it's not the rumoured 5.9 inch screen or Snapdragon 800 processor (capable of outputting 4K) that has us excited – it's the fingerprint scanner. You see that black square under the camera, right where you finger would naturally sit? That's it, if rumours are accurate.

Of course a black square would be easy to edit in as a fake. But with Pantech announcing its smartphone with fingerprint reading tech just last week we're not writing this one off. Especially if HTC loses Beats, as it appears to be doing, and needs a new unique point to help sell its smartphones.

Expect an official unveil of the HTC One at IFA next month.

source: http://www.eprice.com.hk/mobile/talk/4542/53217/1/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeSaint2
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDoGG79 View Post
But OT has a place to discuss HTC matters?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=39220110

OT HTC discussion thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1!
That's just a general hangout. This focuses more on flagship devices and new tech. Really delving into the technology with a little bit of off topic in the whole realm of technology.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Devices

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeSaint2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13079
HTC One mini coming to AT&T August 23rd for $100 on contract
Quote:
If you've been hoping to snag an HTC One mini since we first laid our eyes (and hands) upon the 4.3-inch device, now's your chance to do it... provided you're an AT&T customer or have no qualms with making the switch. You'll be able to grab the One mini starting next week, and at $100, it's certainly set at a mid-tier price. Press release and video can be found below the break.
WSJ: Beats Electronics looking to end HTC partnership
Quote:
Whatever you feel about Beats' audio, you can't help but think that the company's partnership with HTC hasn't really worked out. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Dr. Dre and Co. are planning to buy back the phone maker's remaining 25 percent stake in the business -- just a year after HTC reduced its stake by half. Either way, we're hoping that this potential separation helps HTC get back to winning ways and frees up Dr. Dre to resuming prescribing those pills he's now so fond of.

The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
duo camera ufocus, htc, htc one, info, knowledge base, m8 m7 m4 t6, nvidia tegra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense