Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Beware Mobiletechvideos!

Tip us?

hd779
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Beware Mobiletechvideos!

I just wanted to let you guys know about the poor experience my friend has had with this company. I will start by saying that I have used the service before and was very satisfied. So when my friend's Galaxy S4's charging port failed I recommended mobiletech to her. She sent the phone in and that is where the fun began. She did receive an email saying that the phone was received, fast forward two weeks and she has heard nothing about the phone, she emails them and gets no response. After a few days she finds a number and calls. She is told that "Josh" is out and will return her phone call. She finally gets a phone call back the next day and is told that the part had to be ordered, she then inquires why she was notified of the delay, they apparently have nothing to say about that. She was told that they expected the part to be in within the week and that she should have her phone back in about a week. Two weeks have gone by and again no word, not calls, no emails, nothing about what is happening with her phone. IT HAS BEEN OVER 5 WEEKS!. Of course I feel responsible because I recommended her to this company. I am also disappointed because I was going to send a phone in the get repaired. I know a lot of people have had good experiences with this company, as have I, but based on this recent experience I would caution you guys about using them. I will update this post if anything changes.

axljohn
Old
Thanks Meter 12
A moment of silence for your friend's S4
If you want to copy my signature, PM me.
ブラック・チョーコー
Device: LG Optimus White p970 |ROM: Nameless 4.4.x |Kernel: 3.0.101-nameless+ #1 |Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.4 |Theme: Mianogen v6.x
Xposed Modules: Translucent Style | XHaloFloatingWindow
If you plagiarize my work, I will find you and I will kill you.
Quote:
"If it isn't on the first page of Google, it doesn't exist." - Internet proverb
Following rules and due respect is SWAGG, bitches.

shadowcreeper_1
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by axljohn View Post
A moment of silence for your friend's S4
lmao, thats why you should never ship things to get repaired. youtube it first,if it looks easy and you can handle repair, knock your self out. or go to a local phone shop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My device:
Samsung Galaxy s2 Skyrocket(rooted)
rom: AOSP
kernal:Stock

Dont forget to thank me if i helpedyou out

hd779
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcreeper_1 View Post
lmao, thats why you should never ship things to get repaired. youtube it first,if it looks easy and you can handle repair, knock your self out. or go to a local phone shop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
This is a fairly well known company around here, and like I said I used them before with no issue. Another week has gone by and she still has heard nothing. I was secretly hoping that someone from there would see this post and maybe look in on the issue, but I guess not. I guess I will have to start leaving negative reviews around the internet and see if that gets their attention.

shadowcreeper_1
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd779 View Post
This is a fairly well known company around here, and like I said I used them before with no issue. Another week has gone by and she still has heard nothing. I was secretly hoping that someone from there would see this post and maybe look in on the issue, but I guess not. I guess I will have to start leaving negative reviews around the internet and see if that gets their attention.
Dang still? what a bunch of scums. hope they rot in hell for doing that. hope you get your phone back.

My device:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (rooted)
Rom:AOSP
Carrier:At&t

Dont forget to thank me if i helped
My device:
Samsung Galaxy s2 Skyrocket(rooted)
rom: AOSP
kernal:Stock

Dont forget to thank me if i helpedyou out

xFLiP227x
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default My negative review...

Sorry to hear about your friend's problem with this company. I'm going to write about my experience with this company...which I have to say is just as negative. In short, I placed an order with them to remotely fix my EFS. After setting an appointment up, I never heard another word from them; even after emailing them....STILL NO REPLY. So I was thinking about titling the post...
"Beware Mobiletechvideos! 2..."

thechaoz
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFLiP227x View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend's problem with this company. I'm going to write about my experience with this company...which I have to say is just as negative. In short, I placed an order with them to remotely fix my EFS. After setting an appointment up, I never heard another word from them; even after emailing them....STILL NO REPLY. So I was thinking about titling the post...
"Beware Mobiletechvideos! 2..."
It's strange with all the great reviews this would be happening. My phone was signed for on Wed and I haven't heard anything but I wish they'd just say they received it (someone signed for it) so I'm hoping come Monday I'll here something. I paid for faster service and haven't heard back via email or phone yet

lostboy1952
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Mobile Tech Videos - what's up??????

I sent my Galaxy sIII in to them for a "hard brick" problem (yes I tried all OTHER ways before resorting to this). The Phone was sent on 7 July and they received it on 9 July. When I logged on it was shown as being "completed". I had hoped that the phone would be returning shortly. After a week still no phone. I sent them emails..... no answers. I called them and left voice mail...... no answer. I contacted them om Facebook... no answer. I had thought, from people on XDA, that this was a legit service but now I am having second thoughts. If I don't hear from them soon I'll just deny the credit card payment and cut my losses. This really sucks. I hope no one else has this bad of an experience.
The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Have
The Following User Says Thank You to lostboy1952 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrc2
Old
Thanks Meter 88
I saw somewhere on XDA that they were in the process of relocating and once that was finished they would be able to get everything done since they are so backed up.
My Website (contains just my downloads for now)

My Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989
My Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113; HP Slate 7 2800

If I helped you, (or if I didnít and you are feeling thankful) please press the THANKS button!