Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chrome ad blocker???

Tip us?

Geordie Affy
Old
(Last edited by Geordie Affy; 7th January 2014 at 02:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Default Chrome ad blocker???

It's weird since my first note didn't have the problem of pop ups whenever I was browsing chrome but on my new Note 10.1 it happens a lot and getting a tad annoyed now, also had a xrated ad pop up luckily my nephews we're not around.

Is there a way to block ad pop ups on Chrome Android?? Via a add-on or some sort.

As I was typing this on Chrome an add on from "luvlinks" or some crap popped up

P.s. I have block add checked in the settings.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Dell Inspiron 1720 - Awesome Laptop

C2Q
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Affy View Post
It's weird since my first note didn't have the problem of pop ups whenever I was browsing chrome but on my new Note 10.1 it happens a lot and getting a tad annoyed now, also had a xrated ad pop up luckily my nephews we're not around.

Is there a way to block ad pop ups on Chrome Android?? Via a add-on or some sort.

Have you tried adblock plus? It's not in the play store anymore - gotta install it from their website, but it works quite well for me on Chrome, no ads anywhere.
Also no root needed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C2Q For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mouse100
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Q View Post
Have you tried adblock plus? It's not in the play store anymore - gotta install it from their website, but it works quite well for me on Chrome, no ads anywhere.
Also no root needed.
Does it work also with stock browser?
Are you sure root is not needed?

Samsung SM-P9005 - Tapatalk

C2Q
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100 View Post

Not sure about stock browser, but I can tell you for sure that root isn't needed because I'm not rooted. It says so on their site too.
It has worked with some other browsers in my experience, but some of them are a hit and miss.
The Following User Says Thank You to C2Q For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Geordie Affy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Q View Post
Also no root needed.
I had heard of it but couldn't find it on play store plus wasn't sure if it worked for chrome, I have downloaded it so I guess time will tell. Thanks.
Samsung Galaxy SIII

Geordie Affy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Okay so that didn't work, I took a screen shot of one of the ones that popped up - tbh I only get pop ups on XDA website. Might have to use app but prefer using sites via chrome.

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home
Samsung Galaxy SIII

anthropoidape
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100 View Post

It works without root. You have to set up a proxy setting for each wireless network you connect to.
The Following User Says Thank You to anthropoidape For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Geordie Affy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Is it possible to block a site on Chrome?? Its litterally one spam website which always pops up regardless of having adblocker installed....if theres a way to juat block that site then I can finally browse XDA in peace. I dont get why it just happens on the XDA website - think i need to stop being stubborn and just use the XDA App lol.
Samsung Galaxy SIII

xmanxwomen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default block ads

Quote:

you can use a professional web filter which will help you easily block websites by keywords or URL.

I have Aobo Filter running secretly on my PC. It is not only a web filter but also a Program blocker.

It can block games, applications from running on PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to xmanxwomen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

22sl22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1973

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

If you are rooted, use Adaway. I use it and don't get any pop ups or anything. Root is required, give it a try

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2190753

Press the thanks button if I helped you

FactoryMod Rom with HoloMirage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ooted-t2771527

Note 2014 P600 KitKat Mirrors & Guide to Update+Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719750

Android File Host: Theming Resources & More: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=17577

My Dev-Host Stuff: http://d-h.st/users/22sl22

Vanir Rom Modifications: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454287