DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more

Customized Ultra Stamina for Xperia

XDA Senior Member androidexpert35 has provided us a customized Ultra Stamine Mode from the … more

M9: Is Throttling a Non-issue? Can’t We Trust Benchmarks?

When the first reports of the M9 overheating came to light, many forum … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Question [Q] How wake up phone by capacitive buttons?

7th March 2012, 05:45 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Samara
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
More
How can I get to wake up phone by capacitive buttons? I mapped "search" key to "power' in keylayout => it can turn off screen, but can't wake up. What can I do?
In theory there are hardware buttons, so is limited by software. How to disable that?
Last edited by 90amper; 7th March 2012 at 06:36 PM.
8th March 2012, 05:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

60 posts
Well, the softkeys aren't actually "hardware-buttons" like VolUp/Down and GKey, i think. For me it would be very surprisingly if it works. I doubt it.

Waking up the phone bye proximity sensor (responsible for making the screen dimmed when phoning) would be very nice, in case od the phone just lies on the table and you want to do sth quickly.
Unfortunatly i didn't find an app or sth similar which can do this.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I found an apps called "tap tap app".. doesn't work properly on cm nightly 70 though..
Last edited by Paracetamol100; 8th March 2012 at 08:27 PM.
9th March 2012, 03:52 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Samara
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracetamol100

Waking up the phone bye proximity sensor (responsible for making the screen dimmed when phoning) would be very nice, in case od the phone just lies on the table and you want to do sth quickly.
Unfortunatly i didn't find an app or sth similar which can do this.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I found an apps called "tap tap app".. doesn't work properly on cm nightly 70 though..

I now that - Pocket Sensor =) It work on CM, tested on P970 & P500. I don't used it because i want to wake up phone manually)
9th March 2012, 06:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 569

937 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think it also related with the driver at kernel stage... so the Vol Up/Down and G-Key are supposed to be mapped at the driver.. But I don't know about capacitive buttons, perhaps it can also remapped..

CMIIW
9th March 2012, 07:53 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 57

292 posts
hi i tried to remap the g key but it only works to switch off th screen...doesn't work correctly to switch it on..it works just for a few seconds after the screen is off.
is the same for u??? i just changed the key 95 option in TWL430_keypad.kl......
9th March 2012, 08:42 AM |#6  
Flag Warszawa
Thanks Meter: 98

398 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincevince55

hi i tried to remap the g key but it only works to switch off th screen...doesn't work correctly to switch it on..it works just for a few seconds after the screen is off.
is the same for u??? i just changed the key 95 option in TWL430_keypad.kl......

Read thread about remapping g button. There are at least two.
13th January 2015, 07:53 PM |#7  

18 posts
Hi guys, I know this is an old topic but I am looking for same solution that I know works because I have been using this method on my Galaxy S2 (t989) with HellKat rom.

With Hellkat rom installed on a Galaxy S2 (t989) aka Hercules, you can touch all capacitive buttons in one particular order only which is from left to right.

You first touch the options button then home, back and search button. As soon as search button is pressed the device wakes up.

I am now running Lollypop and am wondering if this was a function possible through an app?
13th January 2015, 11:15 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 370

703 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon1080

Hi guys, I know this is an old topic but I am looking for same solution that I know works because I have been using this method on my Galaxy S2 (t989) with HellKat rom.

With Hellkat rom installed on a Galaxy S2 (t989) aka Hercules, you can touch all capacitive buttons in one particular order only which is from left to right.

You first touch the options button then home, back and search button. As soon as search button is pressed the device wakes up.

I am now running Lollypop and am wondering if this was a function possible through an app?

Are you running Lollipop on an Optimus Black?
14th January 2015, 11:14 AM |#9  

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androcraze

Are you running Lollipop on an Optimus Black?

I came here from a Google search, untill now I didn't notice this was under LG Optimus Black category in XDA, sorry about this guys. I am running Lollypop on GS2 (t989)
14th January 2015, 12:54 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 370

703 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon1080

I came here from a Google search, untill now I didn't notice this was under LG Optimus Black category in XDA, sorry about this guys. I am running Lollypop on GS2 (t989)

I can't help you, but I bet these forums can:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2-tmobile

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread