Ask a question

No registration required

Android 4.3 SGH-T999 imei null/null

OP next4nextel

28th June 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hey guys a friend of mine brought an Android 4.3 SGH-T999 with the imei null/null. I looked online and I can't access the qualcom menu it's blank or use QPST or NV-reader writer. Is there anyway to fix this? Tried an octopus box but it didn't work. can anyone give me other solutions. Even *#1234# doesn't work. Thanks.
28th June 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by next4nextel

Hey guys a friend of mine brought an Android 4.3 SGH-T999 with the imei null/null. I looked online and I can't access the qualcom menu it's blank or use QPST or NV-reader writer. Is there anyway to fix this? Tried an octopus box but it didn't work. can anyone give me other solutions. Even *#1234# doesn't work. Thanks.

I'm sure someone else will chime in here too. But if he purchased it that way there's a problem. Did your friend buy it from an individual, or an authorized retailer? Because the way I understand it, if your imei got corrupted like that, then you're pretty much out of luck unless you have a backup. Take the phone back and see if you can get a replacement.
28th June 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,502

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
As requested in all other lost imei threads, if you need help with this, PM me specific details about the device and problem.
No guarantees though if you guys have no idea how it happened. The imei should always be the very first thing you check when purchasing a used device.
I do agree with Drashnar above though. If he bought it like that unknowingly you should first see if it can be returned.
28th June 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

As requested in all other lost imei threads, if you need help with this, PM me specific details about the device and problem.
No guarantees though if you guys have no idea how it happened. The imei should always be the very first thing you check when purchasing a used device.
I do agree with Drashnar above though. If he bought it like that unknowingly you should first see if it can be returned.

Thanks for the quick replies, but I meant he brought it to me to check it out. I used to be a PC technician and sometimes I dabble with mobiles too, so he left it with me to fix. He originally got it in the US and used it on T-mobile for awhile and brought it to my country then the imei null/null happened. He had taken it to a mobile shop first where they stupidly upgraded the phone I believe from 4.1 .2 to 4.3. This imei null/null is becoming a huge problem in my country as I've seen several S3 and S4 both international and US variants having this issue in the past several weeks alone.

Is there a way of fixing this without a box? I have a an octopus box available to me if someone can walk me through the steps.
28th June 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,502

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry, misread brought as bought!

The information you are requesting is against the policies of just about every forum on the net. Its not allowed to be posted publicly which is why you cant find it anywhere.
28th June 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #6  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
More
My apologies, I mis-read as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread