FORUMS

[Q] [Help] LG Optimus G E975 bricked and no method is working to solve the issue!!!

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi devs
I am an unfortunate soul as my recently purchased LGOG E975 just got bricked. The whole story goes like this -
I successfully rooted the phone one week ago and it was working fine until yesterday when I uninstalled the Google Play Movies app via Root Delete app. The problem started when I restarted the phone - it gave a "Security error" on boot and went into restart loop. Worried I searched at Xda forum for the solution and tried the "TeenyBins" method first (here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2249500). But it only aggravated the problem - at 85% of process the phone showed as disconnected from LGNPST and after trying many times the same problem persisted (the process never got to 100%). However the method installed TWRP custom recovery in the phone and a Google Logo replaced the LG logo at boot. Phone was normally booting in download mode and custom recovery but the recovery is unable to do anything - it shows as "Failed" whenever I try to wipe any cache, mount any partition, flash any custom ROM (which I pushed via adb) or take backup. Rather it shows "No OS installed" whenever I reboot, power off etc. TWRP is also showing no data inside sdcard via the inbuilt file manager. What is the problem?

Fed up, I tried LG Support tool - phone is successfully detected in "download mode" (everything is shown including the OS version which means OS is intact). I choose "phone recovery" option in LG support tool and it successfully downloaded the stock firmware (about 1.1 GB wait wait and wait) and when it tried to flash the phone it showed as the phone is not connected and instructed to unplug the phone and restart it and then again connect to PC. I followed everything carefully putting the phone in download mode again but again and again same error......Oh God for heavens sake....

Fed up, I then tried this method (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010624) - downloaded the latest KDZ (>1GB) according to my phone from LG servers and used the KDZ FW Updater to flash the phone but the tool gave error "File extracted error" and I repeated the process again and again but no avail..............here I am, after 48 hours of desperation having a phone with the same **** Google logo on boot and the screen goes black...nothing happens thereafter..
Please forum devs, experts, moderators or any kind soul, I beg you to help me....

9th June 2013, 03:23 PM |#2  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 383

More
If yu ve done the second method before instead of lgnpst tool there may b chances of helping yu.... And make sure which bin nd dll file yu flashed...??

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium
9th June 2013, 05:09 PM |#3  
Flag Leksand
Thanks Meter: 249

More
OK One question.

Can you get into download mode? Flash MODE?

Follow this

1.Install all drivers LG

2.Download firmware from here http://www.lg-phones.org/official-st...mware-rom.html

3.Download http://www.mediafire.com/download/sj..._FW_UPD_EN.rar

4.Extract KDZ_FW_UPD on desktop

5.Install msxml.exe

6.When done run windows enabler. You will see the icon and left klick on it and choose ON

Now you should se ON at the ICON

7.When done start KDZ_FW_UPD.exe

8.Chose 3GQCT in TYPE and Phone Mode CS_Emergency

9.Then Turn of the Phone. Now hold Vol UP and Vol Down at same time. Hold and plug in the USB cable into your phone

Now you should be in DOWNLOAD mode

10.Now chose your firmware in KDZ File and press Launch Software Update

If it starts to flash dont interrupt it until you see PARAM 1 again. You phone will auto reboot at PAram 95 but dont discconect until you see PARAM 1 again.

If you get bootloop when restart give it 2 min. If it keeps show LG logo then turn of and do FACTORY RESET

Hold Vol up + Power at same TIME i think Now you should get Factory Reset MENU. Now press power again and it should work.

GOOD LUCK
Last edited by bihslk; 9th June 2013 at 05:17 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bihslk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2013, 12:13 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Re
Quote:
Originally Posted by bihslk

OK One question.

Can you get into download mode? Flash MODE?

Follow this

1.Install all drivers LG
4.Extract KDZ_FW_UPD on desktop

5.Install msxml.exe

6.When done run windows enabler. You will see the icon and left klick on it and choose ON

Now you should se ON at the ICON

7.When done start KDZ_FW_UPD.exe

8.Chose 3GQCT in TYPE and Phone Mode CS_Emergency

9.Then Turn of the Phone. Now hold Vol UP and Vol Down at same time. Hold and plug in the USB cable into your phone

Now you should be in DOWNLOAD mode

10.Now chose your firmware in KDZ File and press Launch Software Update

If it starts to flash dont interrupt it until you see PARAM 1 again. You phone will auto reboot at PAram 95 but dont discconect until you see PARAM 1 again.

If you get bootloop when restart give it 2 min. If it keeps show LG logo then turn of and do FACTORY RESET

Hold Vol up + Power at same TIME i think Now you should get Factory Reset MENU. Now press power again and it should work.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks for your time dear
but I have exactly followed the process you mentioned and unfortunately still got the KDZ extract error. I have downloaded KDZ for my phone from different locations multiple times but none of the KDZ worked with KDZ FW Updater. It looks like the current KDZ FW Updater is unable to handle the large KDZ files (>1GB) of newer phones while it works fine for older smaller KDZs. In this way this updater is a bit outdated. I request the developers to please update this wonderful tool to make it compatible with latest KDZs.
10th June 2013, 12:43 PM |#5  
Flag Buzau
Thanks Meter: 663

Donate to Me
More
Try using kdz from romania,it has 982 mb and it's 10D.

Sent from LG E975 pwd by CM 10.1
10th June 2013, 12:47 PM |#6  
Flag Leksand

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomedico

Thanks for your time dear
but I have exactly followed the process you mentioned and unfortunately still got the KDZ extract error. I have downloaded KDZ for my phone from different locations multiple times but none of the KDZ worked with KDZ FW Updater. It looks like the current KDZ FW Updater is unable to handle the large KDZ files (>1GB) of newer phones while it works fine for older smaller KDZs. In this way this updater is a bit outdated. I request the developers to please update this wonderful tool to make it compatible with latest KDZs.

But i flashed mine KDZ and its above 1GB and it extracted without issue. It must be something with your PC or something.

Mine extracted without issues

I think you have CORRUPT DOWNLOADS.

Do you unzip the KDZ file from the RAR? Or do you point KDZ Updater to the RAR file? You must unpack RAR so you file will be shown as E97510B_00.KDZ this is the Europe Open Version.

Remember if you unrar the file check if any errors coming when unpacking. If so then your RAR is corrupted and you need to redownload.

'did you RUN Updater as ADMIN?

Download this version of the KDZ European Open

17. lgmobile.com/LGE975/ANEUBL/E97510B_00/E97510B_00.kdz

http://www.lg-phones.org/official-st...mware-rom.html

It must WORK.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimitza

Try using kdz from romania,it has 982 mb and it's 10D.

It doesnt matter. Mine is on 1GB and extracted without problem
Last edited by bihslk; 10th June 2013 at 12:50 PM.
10th June 2013, 02:46 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Re
Quote:
Originally Posted by bihslk

But i flashed mine KDZ and its above 1GB and it extracted without issue. It must be something with your PC or something.

Mine extracted without issues

I think you have CORRUPT DOWNLOADS.

Do you unzip the KDZ file from the RAR? Or do you point KDZ Updater to the RAR file? You must unpack RAR so you file will be shown as E97510B_00.KDZ this is the Europe Open Version.

Remember if you unrar the file check if any errors coming when unpacking. If so then your RAR is corrupted and you need to redownload.

'did you RUN Updater as ADMIN?

Download this version of the KDZ European Open

17. lgmobile.com/LGE975/ANEUBL/E97510B_00/E97510B_00.kdz

It must WORK.

I have the .KDZ file and not .rar but I did not run the program as admin so will try again. It may be a corrupt download so will download again.
One question though, my phone is E97510E_00 (Indian version) so can I flash with the 10B open Europ. version KDZ you mentioned above?
10th June 2013, 06:32 PM |#8  
Flag Buzau
Thanks Meter: 663

Donate to Me
More
Basically all firmwares are identical.the only differences are operator related. If you can find what are the 4g/lte frequencies of your operator,i could tell you what europe firmware to flash.if you don't have/want 4g,i guess you could flash the latest 10D european kdz without problems.

10th June 2013, 06:47 PM |#9  
Flag Leksand

More
Mate just flash EU version so you can have working phone. If you sucess you can seek for answer later to flash indian ver.

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium
11th June 2013, 11:13 AM |#10  

More
exactly same problem!
hello my friend,
i have exactly the same problem as you with the same results.today ill try doing this in a desktop and see if the extract problem is gone...it drives me crazy.
please if yu fing something write it here...you ll save me!thank you!

p.s. i have f180 U+ edition
11th June 2013, 06:47 PM |#11  

More
ok i found solution combining all of what i ve read..(and read a lot)

1)find a custom rom (i used avatar) but unzip it and go to \META-INF\com\google\android and open updater script with notepad.Delete this "(assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "e975" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "e975");"
then save the file.
go to first folder that u unzipped and take MetaInf,boot img and system and put them in a new zip.

2)so since u have twrp in your telephone,push with adb the zip from step 1 inside the phone (how to push a rom here)

3)the phone will normally open when you reboot.if you dont have signal go here and download your phones modem.Copy it through your pc to your phone and then reboot again to recovery mode and install this file(do not unzip it)

clear cache,do a factory reset and in the next boot you ll be allright!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread