FORUMS

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

Battery Life Discussion

684 posts
Thanks Meter: 103

By Hardcore73, Senior Member on 30th June 2014, 04:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Please post your battery discussion here:

1st July 2014, 08:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore73

Please post your battery discussion here:

The first day I had it, I woke up around 8:00 AM and got to about 6:00 PM when it ran out of juice. This was with heavy use, screen always on and brightness set to about 60%.

I changed the settings so that the screen is not always on and brightness is now set to 40%. This made a huge difference. Today, for example, I've already had it off the charger for 8 hours and it's still at 79% battery. I'm at work, and it's getting used as it normally would be.

The screen being set to always on will obviously burn through battery at a fairly quick rate, especially if the brightness is set high. It's worth noting that letting the screen turn off automatically does not impede its usefulness. The screen comes on automatically when your turn your writes to look at the device, and when you touch the screen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eschlenz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 05:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
100% @ 7:30 a.m. & @ 31% battery as of this post, 9:20 p.m. with heavy use throughout the day. I had the screen @ always on through the majority of the day; however switched to off @ around 7 p.m.
2nd July 2014, 03:32 PM |#4  
Flag Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschlenz

The first day I had it, I woke up around 8:00 AM and got to about 6:00 PM when it ran out of juice. This was with heavy use, screen always on and brightness set to about 60%.

I changed the settings so that the screen is not always on and brightness is now set to 40%. This made a huge difference. Today, for example, I've already had it off the charger for 8 hours and it's still at 79% battery. I'm at work, and it's getting used as it normally would be.

The screen being set to always on will obviously burn through battery at a fairly quick rate, especially if the brightness is set high. It's worth noting that letting the screen turn off automatically does not impede its usefulness. The screen comes on automatically when your turn your writes to look at the device, and when you touch the screen.

So which mode will you run daily? Screen-off?
2nd July 2014, 04:16 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vypurr

So which mode will you run daily? Screen-off?

Screen off for sure. It comes on automatically when I go to look at it, and I want to conserve battery.
2nd July 2014, 06:52 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschlenz

Screen off for sure. It comes on automatically when I go to look at it, and I want to conserve battery.

Undocked at 8 AM with 100% charged, used till mid night with heavy usage with 32% left when got to bed. Very impressed with battery performance. I am using default settings (brightness - 4, Always-on screen, showing cards on dimmed screen, alert on watch and phone when connected).
The Following User Says Thank You to pthakkar9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 07:01 PM |#7  
Belfast
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthakkar9

Undocked at 8 AM with 100% charged, used till mid night with heavy usage with 32% left when got to bed. Very impressed with battery performance. I am using default settings (brightness - 4, Always-on screen, showing cards on dimmed screen, alert on watch and phone when connected).

Unplug at 7:30am @11pm still 49% battery but my note 3 battery goes down, i have to plug it in the afternoon.
My battery usage on my phone shows android wear being the main culprit.
Before that, I could last all day in one charge.
11th July 2014, 09:20 PM |#8  
Flag Marina del Rey, CA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
unplugged at 8a.m. plugged back in around 1:30a.m. about 18% left.

Screen set to "always on", brightness set to "4".

I'm not sure what constitutes heavy usage, but I do look at my screen and do a couple of swipes about every 15 minutes or so, unless I'm expecting an email or something.
12th July 2014, 11:57 AM |#9  
Flag Gloucester, UK
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Why do you need the screen always on?

The screen on when you look at it functions really well, and saves a lot of battery.

I unplug at 6.45 am. Still got 60% by 10.30 pm

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
12th July 2014, 09:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Wow, guys, what am I doing wrong?

I take mine off charge when I get up at 5.30 AM.

It's down to 85% by the time I leave the house at 7am (it's maybe had the screen on for a total of a minute maximum).

I lose roughly 10% an hour (with maximum "screen on" time of a minute or 2 an hour.

It's below 20% by 3 or 4pm.

So I thought it might be that I had brightness on 4/5, so I've changed to 1/5, but still, it's little better. I might get an extra hour maybe.

I like the idea of it, and when it's alive, it's great. But for me, I'm struggling to get 10-12 hours, with low use.

i'm gonna try it tomorrow with Screen-off mode enabled.

I'd happily accept charging it every night, but I'm struggling to get half a day here.
12th July 2014, 09:56 PM |#11  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatcapp

Wow, guys, what am I doing wrong?.

There's definitely something wrong there. I would try unpairing and resetting the watch (the only thing you'll lose is fitness data).
Then I'd uninstall Android wear from the phone, reset the phone and start all over again.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread