Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,667 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there working xbmc with nexus 7 kitkat?

Tip us?

perp21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation Is there working xbmc with nexus 7 kitkat?

Hi to all. I have problem with xbmc and my nexus 7 2013. After update of kitkat it seems that the only working versions are the latest night builds of gotham xbmc. But almost all addons are incompatible or videos not working. Is there any pached froyo or gotham version working with addons?

sfetaz
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by perp21 View Post
Hi to all. I have problem with xbmc and my nexus 7 2013. After update of kitkat it seems that the only working versions are the latest night builds of gotham xbmc. But almost all addons are incompatible or videos not working. Is there any pached froyo or gotham version working with addons?
I am going to try to find a working version tonight. I can tell you about Gotham that when it says things are broken in repository, its not really true. The addons just have not been updated to reflect gotham, but when it asks you if you want to disable the addon, just say no, most will still work. Use the xbmchub wizard to make things easier.
Slappin my rooted Moto X

Rockin 2013 Nexus 7

perp21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfetaz View Post
I am going to try to find a working version tonight. I can tell you about Gotham that when it says things are broken in repository, its not really true. The addons just have not been updated to reflect gotham, but when it asks you if you want to disable the addon, just say no, most will still work. Use the xbmchub wizard to make things easier.
if addon is not compatible i can't even install it! Broken is different case.With last updates in nightly builds almost all addons are incompatible, not broken. When you make your tests too please inform me.

xbmchub gives the same or worst results...

qwerty1gr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a Gotham xbmc version that works on my nexus 5. Nightly yes, but it stool works OK. It is named xbmc-2013114-nexus5-master-armeabi-v7a

Hope this helps

sfetaz
Old
Thanks Meter 49
That nightly is the 11/14 or 11/15 nightly. My tablet died and I got busy with an emergency right now so I don't know what nightly I have on my nexus 7 but was able to use video add ons before with no issue. The program NaviX was force closing on me when I picked a play list. I get the messages that addons are incompatible, do you want to disable them, I choose no and they still work fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Slappin my rooted Moto X

Rockin 2013 Nexus 7

perp21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfetaz View Post
That nightly is the 11/14 or 11/15 nightly. My tablet died and I got busy with an emergency right now so I don't know what nightly I have on my nexus 7 but was able to use video add ons before with no issue. The program NaviX was force closing on me when I picked a play list. I get the messages that addons are incompatible, do you want to disable them, I choose no and they still work fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
they changed something i xbmc development and almost all addons are off and i can't install them. Also xbmc subtitles addon is not in the repos!

mixterz
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I also can't find a decent one that doesn't begin telling me everything is broke or not working/compatible. They say they will have a working version for all android platfoms soon. I doubt it.

perp21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
it seems that xbmc support is too poor! how to test their alpha images if we have not working addons? let's wait...

KevinAlbrecht
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Any updates on this? I just got the nightly working, but every (most) plugin is incompatible and won't let me install them.
LG Nexus 5
Asus Nexus 7
Looking to sell my
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Infuse 4G

SqueakyWizard
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinAlbrecht View Post
Any updates on this? I just got the nightly working, but every (most) plugin is incompatible and won't let me install them.
I'm using the latest nightly (xbmc-20131211-210cf9f-master-armeabi-v7a.apk) from the 11 December from http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/ni...s/android/arm/

Most of the add-ons do not work but I haven't had any issues with sound on video playback like most of the other versions.
  • Nexus 5 32GB
  • Nexus 7 32GB

Tags
kitkat, nexus 7 (2013), xbmc