Post Reply

(PROBLEM SOLVED) Galaxy S4 keeps turning off after update to 4.4.2

OP Cubaine

29th June 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #1  
Cubaine's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
PROBLEM SOLVED.

Hello all,

After upgrading my girlfriends rooted Samsung galaxy s4 to firmware 4.4.2 the following problems started to show:

1. The phone keeps rebooting automatically after some period of time. A red led indicator shows for about a minute and then the phone restarts.

2. Letters stop appearing sometimes after choosing them on the Samsung keyboard. This problem is then followed by the automatic reboot described in problem 1.

Phone information:
Model: GT-19505 LTE
Carrier: Vodafone Netherlands
OS: Android 4.4.2.
Baseband: I9505XXUGNE8

The phone was rooted on Android 4.3 through the CF Autoroot method. These problems didn't exist then. Before upgrading I did the following actions:

1. I used triangle away to reset the flashcounter.

2. I downloaded the Dutch Vodafone stockrom from sammobile.

3. I used pc Odin to flash the stockrom.

4. I rooted the phone again using pc Odin and the guide to rooting the I9505XXUGNE8 version.

Is there anything I forgot to do or did completely wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Cubaine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Cubaine; 30th June 2014 at 01:54 PM.
29th June 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
did you try a factory reset after installing the new rom with odin?

either from the accounts/backup section or choose format/factory reset from recovery.

i always prefer to do this both before and after installing any new rom to help clear out any bugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gloris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #3  
Cubaine's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Thank you Gloris.

I've done a FDR and I've reinstalled all the applications on the phone. The problem with the letters disappearing seems to be gone now.

The automatic reboot on the other hand is still an issue. However, it doesn't happen as often as it did before (it was rebooting every two minutes before). Is anyone else having these problems with 4.4.2?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Cubaine; 30th June 2014 at 02:30 AM.
30th June 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #4  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 558
 
1,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubaine

Thank you Gloris.

I've done a FDR and I've reinstalled all the applications on the phone. The problem with the letters disappearing seems to be gone now.

The automatic reboot on the other hand is still an issue. However, it doesn't happen as often as it did before (it was rebooting every two minutes before). Is anyone else having these problems with 4.4.2?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dial *#1234# and attach what appears
30th June 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #5  
Cubaine's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Joku1981 this action opens supersu and shows me the applications I have given permission through supersu. Also another screen appears with this information:

AP: I9505XXUGNE8
CP: I9505XXUGNE8
CSC: I9505VFGGNE2

Is this what you mean by attaching what appears?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th June 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #6  
Cubaine's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
By the way I monitored the phone in safe mode for about thirty minutes and it happened again so I don't think this issue is app related.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th June 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #7  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 558
 
1,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubaine

Joku1981 this action opens supersu and shows me the applications I have given permission through supersu. Also another screen appears with this information:

AP: I9505XXUGNE8
CP: I9505XXUGNE8
CSC: I9505VFGGNE2

Is this what you mean by attaching what appears?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah. The GNE* versions are having lot of problems. What you can do till u receive the update is delete this files through Root Explorer app:

KNOX in System/App folder:
ContainerAgent.apk
KNOXAgent.apk
ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
KNOXStub.apk
SPDClient.apk
Bridge.apk
KnoxMigrationAgent.apk
KnoxSetupWizardClient.apk
KnoxSteupWizardStub.apk
univesalMDMClient.apk

KNOX in DATA/DATA folder:
com.sec.knox.containeragent
com.sec.knox.eventsmanager
com.sec.enterprise.knox.attestation
com.sec.knox.app.container
com.sec.knox.seandroid
com.sec.knox.store
com.samsung.klmsagent
com.samsung.knox.rcp.components
com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms
com.sec.knox.bridge
com.sec.knox.knoxsetupwizardclient
com.sec.knox.setupwizardstub

More KNOX remains:
Folder = Data/clipboard/knox
Folder = system/container
Folder = system/etc/secure_storage/com.sec.knox.store
Folder = system/etc/secure_storage/com.sec.knox.seandroid
Folder = knox_data
File = system/tima_measurement_info ---- TIMA is a Trust-Zone of KNOX

and reboot ur phone. Tell me how worked for you
30th June 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #8  
Cubaine's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

Yeah. The GNE* versions are having lot of problems. What you can do till u receive the update is delete this files through Root Explorer app:

KNOX in System/App folder:
ContainerAgent.apk
KNOXAgent.apk
ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
KNOXStub.apk
SPDClient.apk
Bridge.apk
KnoxMigrationAgent.apk
KnoxSetupWizardClient.apk
KnoxSteupWizardStub.apk
univesalMDMClient.apk

KNOX in DATA/DATA folder:
com.sec.knox.containeragent
com.sec.knox.eventsmanager
com.sec.enterprise.knox.attestation
com.sec.knox.app.container
com.sec.knox.seandroid
com.sec.knox.store
com.samsung.klmsagent
com.samsung.knox.rcp.components
com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms
com.sec.knox.bridge
com.sec.knox.knoxsetupwizardclient
com.sec.knox.setupwizardstub

More KNOX remains:
Folder = Data/clipboard/knox
Folder = system/container
Folder = system/etc/secure_storage/com.sec.knox.store
Folder = system/etc/secure_storage/com.sec.knox.seandroid
Folder = knox_data
File = system/tima_measurement_info ---- TIMA is a Trust-Zone of KNOX

and reboot ur phone. Tell me how worked for you

I've deleted most of the files. I couldn't however find these:

Knox in System/App folder
ContainerAgent.apk
ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
SPDClient.apk
univesalMDMClient.apk

KNOX in DATA/DATA folder:
com.sec.knox.eventsmanager
com.sec.enterprise.knox.attestation
com.sec.knox.app.container

Also some .odex files with the same names remain. Should I delete these also?

I have rebooted the phone. I will monitor for an hour and I will let you know if the issue is fixed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th June 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #9  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 558
 
1,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubaine

I've deleted most of the files. I couldn't however find these:

Knox in System/App folder
ContainerAgent.apk
ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
SPDClient.apk
univesalMDMClient.apk

KNOX in DATA/DATA folder:
com.sec.knox.eventsmanager
com.sec.enterprise.knox.attestation
com.sec.knox.app.container

Also some .odex files with the same names remain. Should I delete these also?

I have rebooted the phone. I will monitor for an hour and I will let you know if the issue is fixed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No worries for the files that u didnt find. Delete the .odex too. I hope it works for ya
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #10  
Cubaine's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Thanks so much it worked! I've monitored the phone through various activities like watching movies on showbox, facebooking, playing games etc. And the problem seems to be gone.

Thanks again Gloris and Joku1981.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank