Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 40,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Repartitioning Internal Memory

Tip us?

vincent_smoox
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Default Repartitioning Internal Memory

Oppo R819 just have 1gb memory app and just about 700-600mb for user, is there any method to repartitioning them?
I looked many method to repartitioning MTK6589 based but since theres no Stock ROM flashable from SP Flashtool im afraid to try it coz if something bad happen my limited knowledge will be no helped

I think it will be good if someone who more capable make some mod to repartitioning the app memory like 2 or 3gb or maybe can make it become unified storage like nexus family or lenovo tablets and im sure a lot of R819 user will be gratefully thanks

m@nish123
Old
Thanks Meter 2119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_smoox View Post
Oppo R819 just have 1gb memory app and just about 700-600mb for user, is there any method to repartitioning them?
I looked many method to repartitioning MTK6589 based but since theres no Stock ROM flashable from SP Flashtool im afraid to try it coz if something bad happen my limited knowledge will be no helped

I think it will be good if someone who more capable make some mod to repartitioning the app memory like 2 or 3gb or maybe can make it become unified storage like nexus family or lenovo tablets and im sure a lot of R819 user will be gratefully thanks
Share me ur cell's ebr1 ,ebr2 file from stock rom and ur system mount point .i will increase ur app's storage
The Following User Says Thank You to m@nish123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vickfred
Old
Thanks Meter 28
distan7 has done it already. He asked me to upload the Ebr1 & Ebr2 files to a page on my site - http://oppo.vi8.info
They are there now - "2GB-OPPO-R819(from-distan7).zip".
Very soon he will write the instruction "How-To" and place it here, on XDA, for the users of our Oppo R819.
| Phone: Oppo R819 | ROM: ColorOS v1.0.0i | Recovery: TWRP v2.6.3 | My Oppo Files - click a banner, if you like! Thanks!
| Free 5GB Dropbox | My hTC Files - click any banner, if you like! Thanks!

max_82
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickfred View Post
distan7 has done it already. He asked me to upload the Ebr1 & Ebr2 files to a page on my site - http://oppo.vi8.info
Very soon he will write the instruction "How-To" and place it here, on XDA, for the users of our Oppo R819.
I will wait it. But I wonder why oppo gives us only 1 GB internal memory to install application. Is there a limitation from the hardware?

ccav2000
Old
Thanks Meter 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_82 View Post
I will wait it. But I wonder why oppo gives us only 1 GB internal memory to install application. Is there a limitation from the hardware?
There is a tutorial here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596030 that can be used from advanced users that already have the recovery package. Having that package is necessary in case something goes wrong.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by m@nish123 View Post
Share me ur cell's ebr1 ,ebr2 file from stock rom and ur system mount point .i will increase ur app's storage
I saw your tutorial page, there is no mention there about mount points. Are they needed?

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickfred View Post
I am not sure how successful he was, from what I read in the OPPO forums his R819 is dead now. Of course it can be unrelated to the repartition mod. By the way the files you uploaded are not modified, I checked with the original EBR files and they are exactly the same.

m@nish123
Old
Thanks Meter 2119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccav2000 View Post
There is a tutorial here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596030 that can be used from advanced users that already have the recovery package. Having that package is necessary in case something goes wrong.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

I saw your tutorial page, there is no mention there about mount points. Are they needed?

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

I am not sure how successful he was, from what I read in the OPPO forums his R819 is dead now. Of course it can be unrelated to the repartition mod. By the way the files you uploaded are not modified, I checked with the original EBR files and they are exactly the same.
now i posted the thread hence not needed mount points..

ccav2000
Old
Thanks Meter 866
The repartition mod is ready, read more here.

distan7
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccav2000 View Post

Yup my bad, I sent Viktor the wrong EBR. Already had it up running in 2 GB Mod and now we can use 3 GB Mod using modified ReParted Script and Aroma Installer. Will set up a thread for this.
Galaxy Mini S5570 (Retired) - Galaxy Tab 2 7" P3100 - Lenovo P780 (MIUI v5) - Oppo R819 (ColorOS)
The Following User Says Thank You to distan7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

surender88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Want to know steps to increase internal memory of oppo R827

Hii.

Can anyone help me out an provide me steps to increase internal memory of oppo R827. m facing issue while installing new app's.