Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pantech Sky Vega a760s Soft Brick

Tip us?

jimmygammi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Pantech Sky Vega a760s Soft Brick

my pantech sky vega a760s got soft bricked
here's what happened:
-the phone won't open unless connected to pc
-when connected, it will only go to charging mode
-when i try to enter recovery mode, this shows up:
"your phone will restart due to error occurred while running application "
i cannot access recovery mode, the only thing i can access is the s/w upgrade mode, which i don't know how to use since i'm not korean
and i can't understand pantech's website.

also, when i enter in fastboot mode, all drivers are installed except for a driver named "Android" which is too general for me to manual search (inlcuded an image attachment of the failed driver)

How can I unbrick my phone?
PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	989
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1733913  

joekap
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same here..

same here my sky vega a760 stock on boot image anyone can help plsss how can i revive this..plsssss.

agata13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekap View Post
same here my sky vega a760 stock on boot image anyone can help plsss how can i revive this..plsssss.
You should re-install new room stook via home page iVeGa

joekap
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Help..

tnx for the reply but how can i reinstall i dont know where to donwload and i cant understand in korean site.. plsss send me working rom for A760s plsss...tnx

clearlangpo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial [TUT]Recovery Mode Sky Vega Racer IM-A760S/A770K

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekap View Post
tnx for the reply but how can i reinstall i dont know where to donwload and i cant understand in korean site.. plsss send me working rom for A760s plsss...tnx
To go into Soft/Ware download mode

1. Turn of phone

2. Simultaneously press: VOLUME UP + MENU + POWER

3. S/W Upgrading will now flash on the screen

To upgrade firmware back to version 1.47, you first need to have the UniUSBdriver installed on your computer.

4. After you have installed the driver, test your phone’s connection to the computer to initially determine all the required drivers were installed properly (this is while your phone is in S/W download mode). But before doing this, make sure that you have activated USB DEBUGGING on your phone.

Code:
>settings
>applications
>development
>usb debugging (must be checked)

5. Using Microsoft Internet Explorer v8 or v9, proceed to this page:
-------------->>> dmfile.isky.co.kr/NewSelfUpgrade/index.html?userid=&hpno
Notice when that page opens, it will prompt you to install ACTIVE X. Allow that installation to proceed.

6. After ACTIVE X has been installed, notice on the left side there is a something like loading prompt. Wait until it gets into blue bar with arrow up phrase noting USB with some Korean characters. Then boot to S/W mode your phone and plug it to your compurer then click the blue bar with arrow up.

7. Clicking the Blue bar with arrow up will turn it into a progressing bar. Notice the characters on top of the progress bar may change and at this point there is communication between the phone and the Sky download site. It may take a few minutes for the phone to establish a download connection between Sky’s services. Once a connection is established, the characters above the progress bar will turn into a progressing percentage bar starting from 1% and ending into 100%.

There will be two phases of the progressing percentage bar. The first phase is downloading the software while the second is loading the v1.47 software into the phone. After the 2nd phase, the phone will automatically reboot. The first phase will depend who slow or fast your internet connection is.

Goodluck

jimmygammi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearlangpo View Post
To go into Soft/Ware download mode

1. Turn of phone

2. Simultaneously press: VOLUME UP + MENU + POWER

3. S/W Upgrading will now flash on the screen

To upgrade firmware back to version 1.47, you first need to have the UniUSBdriver installed on your computer.

4. After you have installed the driver, test your phone’s connection to the computer to initially determine all the required drivers were installed properly (this is while your phone is in S/W download mode). But before doing this, make sure that you have activated USB DEBUGGING on your phone.

Code:
>settings
>applications
>development
>usb debugging (must be checked)

5. Using Microsoft Internet Explorer v8 or v9, proceed to this page:
-------------->>> dmfile.isky.co.kr/NewSelfUpgrade/index.html?userid=&hpno
Notice when that page opens, it will prompt you to install ACTIVE X. Allow that installation to proceed.

6. After ACTIVE X has been installed, notice on the left side there is a something like loading prompt. Wait until it gets into blue bar with arrow up phrase noting USB with some Korean characters. Then boot to S/W mode your phone and plug it to your compurer then click the blue bar with arrow up.

7. Clicking the Blue bar with arrow up will turn it into a progressing bar. Notice the characters on top of the progress bar may change and at this point there is communication between the phone and the Sky download site. It may take a few minutes for the phone to establish a download connection between Sky’s services. Once a connection is established, the characters above the progress bar will turn into a progressing percentage bar starting from 1% and ending into 100%.

There will be two phases of the progressing percentage bar. The first phase is downloading the software while the second is loading the v1.47 software into the phone. After the 2nd phase, the phone will automatically reboot. The first phase will depend who slow or fast your internet connection is.

Goodluck
i need help. i just installed uniUSBdriver and it's successful. however, when i connect the phone there is one driver that is unable to install. the driver is just called "android" tried to look everywhere for a manual installer but the name of the driver is too vague to search. can you please help me with this one? it seems like the self upgrade site can't detect the phone without this driver installed.

bobby786pk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Solution Soft brick, Android drivers in Fastboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmygammi View Post
i need help. i just installed uniUSBdriver and it's successful. however, when i connect the phone there is one driver that is unable to install. the driver is just called "android" tried to look everywhere for a manual installer but the name of the driver is too vague to search. can you please help me with this one? it seems like the self upgrade site can't detect the phone without this driver installed.
1. Connect your phone in Fastboot, and when your pc asks for 'Android' drivers, you need to install PDAnet, just google to download it.
2. then to Fastboot, and Install Recovery SWM v6 either normal or touch
3. Then go to Recovery and Install new stock/custom rom from SdCard.

thats all.

jimmygammi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby786pk View Post
1. Connect your phone in Fastboot, and when your pc asks for 'Android' drivers, you need to install PDAnet, just google to download it.
2. then to Fastboot, and Install Recovery SWM v6 either normal or touch
3. Then go to Recovery and Install new stock/custom rom from SdCard.

thats all.
can you post links where to get the recovery image and a link where to download roms? i'm trying to search but no luck. your help will be really appreciated. thank you very much

beakolang
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default stuck at s/w uploading

heeelp can anyone help me... my a760s dont turn on and if i plug a charger or into a pc the only thing that apears is "s/w uploading"

xSanzo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Did you fix it? results?