Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zerolemon 7500mah battery (review somewhat)

Tip us?

robert93436
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Zerolemon 7500mah battery (review somewhat)

Ok today i got my zerolemon samsung galaxy s5 7500mah battery, all i got to say is that thing is big and bad, the one thing i really don't like is the way the tpu case fits a bit loose around my phone, for those wondering about the heart rate monitor it is easy to use since your finger lands on the sensor, the phone don't weigh too much as i thought it will, but i will post more after the first charge cycle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140514_223954.jpg
Views:	2011
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	2744505   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140514_161013.jpg
Views:	1668
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	2744506   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140514_160937.jpg
Views:	1500
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	2744507   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140514_160945.jpg
Views:	1949
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	2744508  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robert93436 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

enfurno
Old
Thanks Meter 13
My brother had one of these on his s4, and it reminded me of this image. I just don't get it. If you manage your device and ensure that you disable unused applications and services then you can easily get a day of use. Tripling the size of the phone vs. tweaking what it actually does. To each their own, either way thank you for the review, I'm sure that the case fit issue is valuable information for those who are looking at these as a purchase option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert93436 View Post
Ok today i got my zerolemon samsung galaxy s5 7500mah battery, all i got to say is that thing is big and bad, the one thing i really don't like is the way the tpu case fits a bit loose around my phone, for those wondering about the heart rate monitor it is easy to use since your finger lands on the sensor, the phone don't weigh too much as i thought it will, but i will post more after the first charge cycle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_528_poster.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2745184  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enfurno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lynx83
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by enfurno View Post
My brother had one of these on his s4, and it reminded me of this image. I just don't get it. If you manage your device and ensure that you disable unused applications and services then you can easily get a day of use. Tripling the size of the phone vs. tweaking what it actually does. To each their own, either way thank you for the review, I'm sure that the case fit issue is valuable information for those who are looking at these as a purchase option.
Depends on usage. I use mine all the time for work and I can barely get through a day without needing some extra juice. So if you are one that NEEDS an extra battery like this its perfect.

felixthecat
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I loved mine for the s3. The case felt a little loose on it but i still got used to it. I am concerned by the last of waterproofing but if the battery performs will probably get one. Please let us know asap how it performs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Purest
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I love the 10000mah version for my note3, Does well when I go on my 3-4 day camping hikes, I like the way it feels in my hand, Still waiting to receive my battery for the S5, You got yours early! I preordered mine 2 weeks ago.
  • 📱Daily Driver: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-900T) / Black
    Rom: Slimkat (latest build)
    Kernel: Temasek (latest build)
  • 📱Riding shotgun: LG G3 (F400S)
    Rom: Stock Rooted/Debloated
    Kernel: Stock
  • 📱Riding backseat: OnePlus One 64gb (A0001) / Black Sandstone
    Rom: CyanogenMod 11s
💀the past 3 years💀
M8, S5, Find 7a, Nexus 5, Z Ultra, S4, Note 2, Evo 4G LTE, Evo 3d, Evo 4G

john_semple
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just ordered mine today (Going to have to wait to it ships to the UK though) loved the S3 version. Never went wrong with anything zerolemon

john_semple
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Already sold out on amazon.com I think

SuperTek
Old
Thanks Meter 2
That's a little overkill, don't you think? Even heavy smartphone users get a day's (10-12 hours) of use out of their phone. I mean that big of a battery would seriously get annoying to me. Turn your brightness down man.

eloko
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I get about 8hrs regular battery, even with 25% brightness. Power users we are and that juice is what it keep us away from being attached to a charger... Attached to a wire.
The Following User Says Thank You to eloko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Purest
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I got my pre-order on the 16th, And I'm returning it, I'm hoping I got a defective case & battery.

Case doesn't seem to hold battery in that well, I can knock the back of the case and the phone will reboot or shut off completely.

The case seems very loose along the sides as well, I think due to them packing the box and & battery inside of the case while shipping which seemed to stretch the case out a bit making it loose on the sides.

I'm going to ask for a replacement, if it's the same issues on the next one I'm asking for a refund.
  • 📱Daily Driver: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-900T) / Black
    Rom: Slimkat (latest build)
    Kernel: Temasek (latest build)
  • 📱Riding shotgun: LG G3 (F400S)
    Rom: Stock Rooted/Debloated
  • 📱Riding backseat: OnePlus One 64gb (A0001) / Black Sandstone
    Rom: CyanogenMod 11s
💀the past 3 years💀
M8, S5, Find 7a, Nexus 5, Z Ultra, S4, Note 2, Evo 4G LTE, Evo 3d, Evo 4G