Battery Life Discussion

Search This thread

Rarelyamson

Jan 31, 2009
Phone battery impact with Android wear.

Anyone any idea of the impact to the phones battery when connected to a watch all day?
My Nexus 5 battery life is pretty poor anyway, just wondering how it will cope when connected to the wearable!?
Ta

JackHanAnLG

Apr 12, 2012
Southend
Your phone and the watch will use Bluetooth 4.0 which is really battery friendly. Not sure on the actual percentage though

J

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

shotgunfool

Sep 13, 2008
Thanks... Can I hold you to that :)

I have an Xperia Z2 and the battery will usually last 36-48 hours on a charge, with my pebble connected all the time, but without the pebble connected i only get about 50 ish hours, so it doesnt make too much of an impact, im guessing the LG G Watch will do a similar amount of drain as its only pulling info over Bluetooth again so shouldnt drain too much.

Rarelyamson

Jan 31, 2009
I have an Xperia Z2 and the battery will usually last 36-48 hours on a charge, with my pebble connected all the time, but without the pebble connected i only get about 50 ish hours, so it doesnt make too much of an impact, im guessing the LG G Watch will do a similar amount of drain as its only pulling info over Bluetooth again so shouldnt drain too much.
Thanks for the info.

sum182

Oct 30, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Just to throw in some info on the battery life of the watch. Mine has never gone below 40% by end of day with normal use so don't worry about the watch dieing, if that was even a concern. Its hard for me to weigh in on phone battery life, I have the Flex and I'm getting about 2 days one charge, unless I game for hours with it. I Think its adding a few hours.

hutzdani

May 9, 2010
London
Took my watch off charge at 7:50am today its now 15:10PM and I have 65% battery still.

Using following settings :

1. Screen always on
2. Show cards even when screen dimmed
3. Alert on phone and watch
4. Brightness level - 1

Usage has been quite High because its the first day I have used it, sent about 20 Texts and done some maths with it, also it seems there are problems with the software and after awhile it seems to disconnect from my nexus 5 even if the software on my phone thinks its still paired.

As for phone battery its reporting in battery stats nothing regarding android wear, and im at 60% battery from the morning and i have hardly used my phone apart from trying to figure out why stuff is refusing to pair or even work.

I also use CM11 nightlys and the snapdragon battery app on my N5 this might have something to do with all the disconnects

Last edited:

kangxi

Jun 10, 2010
Orlando
Took my watch off charge at 7:50am today its now 15:10PM and I have 65% battery still.

Using following settings :

1. Screen always on
2. Show cards even when screen dimmed
3. Alert on phone and watch
4. Brightness level - 1

Usage has been quite High because its the first day I have used it, sent about 20 Texts and done some maths with it, also it seems there are problems with the software and after awhile it seems to disconnect from my nexus 5 even if the software on my phone thinks its still paired.

As for phone battery its reporting in battery stats nothing regarding android wear, and im at 60% battery from the morning and i have hardly used my phone apart from trying to figure out why stuff is refusing to pair or even work.

I also use CM11 nightlys and the snapdragon battery app on my N5 this might have something to do with all the disconnects

Yea, I would say if you aren't using a stock configuration there might be something else going on with your phone. All the reviews and impression videos I've seen haven't mentioned anything about frequent disconnects.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

mcnob

Aug 2, 2010
Suffolk
Screen on, brightness 2, been replying to texts all day, the G Watch has been off the charger since 06:00 and it's now 01:32 (19.5 hours on) and I've still got 40% left.

Can't really fault it. I just drop my G Watch on the charger every night when I go to bed. Easy.

Sent from Nexus 5 or 7.

coolsilver

Dec 23, 2007
Well I am glad to hear I won't have to worry about it during the day. My S4 however... Dead in 6 - 8 hours under moderate use. Hope this keeps phone screen off more to help

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hutzdani

May 9, 2010
London
Yea, I would say if you aren't using a stock configuration there might be something else going on with your phone. All the reviews and impression videos I've seen haven't mentioned anything about frequent disconnects.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Ditching the Snapdragon app has solved some disconnects, however it still disconnects at least 2 to 3 times a day.

Still on the same CM build, untill its been running for a week will i swap to another CM build to see if there is issues with the CM bluetooth

amgpower63

Jun 6, 2012
How's the battery life on Nexus 5 when it's paired with the Watch?

I assume that, aside from bluetooth, the Watch will use up some portion of the phone's battery for location services and other partial wakelocks?

hutzdani

May 9, 2010
London
Wear 100% / Nexus 5 100% Battery at 7AM

Its now 9:15pm and G watch is at 62% and Nexus 5 is at 68%

I reckon you could go 30 Hours before needing to charge both devices.

Reactions: tomh1979

Mightycaptain

May 19, 2013
Morganton, NC
Wear from 8am to 9pm 55% remaining. Less than average day for notifications. It killed my G2 though. Had battery saving on for location. But it really chewed it. Just one day. I disabled location reporting again. Will see if that has any effect on phone battery vs any loss of functionality on the wear. But I'm very happy so far.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hardcore73

Dec 30, 2011
Watch on since 7am to 9:30pm. Watch at 13% and phone at 64% with 1.5 hours on screen time.
I am now using my phone about 50% less.
Love it!

Sent from my LG-F400K using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please post your battery life discussion here:
    Wear 100% / Nexus 5 100% Battery at 7AM

Its now 9:15pm and G watch is at 62% and Nexus 5 is at 68%

I reckon you could go 30 Hours before needing to charge both devices.
    I take mine off charger at 8 am every morning, and by 8 pm its down to 55%... Most of the people are getting this type of better life
    You got s defective unit or a watch app is draining the battery

Pretty much the same here. 8am to 8.45pm yesterday and saw it was 45%. Screen on. Gotten texts, hangout msgs, hundreds of emails and looked at my watch constantly during the day.

I have wear launcher, wear messenger, bunch of different watchfaces, minuum, IFTTT, wear bucks (starbucks app), and others I can't think of at this moment.

I'm happy with mine. Also planning on the 360 when available.
    Bad experiance with g watches

I sussed it but im not sure how! i charged it up to 100% then took it off charge but did not connect it to the phone and it lost 1% per hour which is what everyone else was getting so i reinstalled the wear app on the phone and restarted the phone and in 13 Hours it lost 13% charge which is perfect.i cant be sure waht it was but something was in constant communication with my watch so it was severly draining the battery.i am going to test some differant apps to find out which ones do affect the battery life drastically but as it stands i have got it to work the way it should:laugh::good: