[Q] Battery life is so bad, it won't charge while in use

Search This thread

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
I am running BlueLightning-20140410-jflte as my ROM, with the 3.4.82-ChronicKermel-KK4.4-AOSP-JFLTE-v3.1 kernel.

I have my governor set to ondemand, with my low clock speed set to 189MHz and the highest at 918MHz.

With the sound set to one click past off, with Wifi, Mobile Data and GPS turned off, with the screen on the dimmest settings, my battery STILL drains when I have the phone plugged in, if I am actively using an app or playing a game.

I did not find a Fast Charge option on this ROM, and I had to uninstall Xposed Framework, because it was preventing several of my apps and games from running.

I can't think of a reason that the battery would still be draining this quickly, using the settings that I described.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or something I missed along the way somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can't think of a reason that the battery would still be draining this quickly, using the settings that I described.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or something I missed along the way somewhere?

To what are you plugged while charging? If you are plugged to a wall-outlet, make sure you are using the Samsung wall adapter (or at least one that can push 1.9A). I've found out that it isn't usually the cable that causes slow charging, but the wall adapter.

Also, download an app from the Play Store called Charging Current Lite to see what your charging rate is. While 1900mA (1.9A) is optimal, anything above 600-700mA should be enough to charge while in use. Much lower than that, you will only maintain what charge level you have or slowly drain power.

Reactions: ReikiDraven

ReikiDraven

Dec 10, 2012
To what are you plugged while charging? If you are plugged to a wall-outlet, make sure you are using the Samsung wall adapter (or at least one that can push 1.9A). I've found out that it isn't usually the cable that causes slow charging, but the wall adapter.

Also, download an app from the Play Store called Charging Current Lite to see what your charging rate is. While 1900mA (1.9A) is optimal, anything above 600-700mA should be enough to charge while in use. Much lower than that, you will only maintain what charge level you have or slowly drain power.

It's usually the wall adapter, but it is not the one that came with my phone. I got mine off of Craigslist, and it didn't come with a charger. I've been using the same one I used on my old LG Optimus L9. I never considered that.

Figured that plugging it directly into my computer via USB would give a weaker charge, but never thought it could be the wall charger, itself.

I'll run those tests and report back. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Charging via USB will put you in the range of around 480mA. Even with fast charge on, it's somewhere around 600-700mA.

i meant change the usb port on the s4 :D