The device looks like it was not in the SuperCID state and RUU went fine with the second run with no error. However, the upgrade failed when it hit exactly 47% no matter how many times I tried it. Lucky that I did not brick my device but of course it seemed to lack some of the components and it did not even have the Connections setting to set up the Internet access. Also, AutoRun and cabs in the ExtRom didn't take any effect either although the cab files were there.
I decided to flash the TyTN ROM instead and that was successful. That is fine as I only use Japanese occasionally and I didn't really want the Japanese MUI so I will keep it as is. Perhaps I will tweak it a little to be able to use Japanese with loading the Chinese nls, Japanese font, Japanese IME and so forth just like I did with my Universal.
Dopod 900 i-mate ROM
X01HT TyTN ROM