SPV M3100 back to life at last!!!
Without the help of pof this would not have been possible.
I had tried to simunlock SPV M3100 with the Universal Unlocker. If you are thinking about doing this DON'T.
There has been quite a bit of advice on this subject recently but none of which helped, my phone stayed a brick.
I was in bootloader version 1.04 I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE IN BOOTLOADER VERSION 1.06 AS THIS MAY NOT WORK.
This is what I did:
1. Put Hermes into bootloader mode
2. Disable USB connections in ActiveSync, also in task manager kill rapimgr.exe and wcescomm.exe.
3. Open mtty.exe and select USB port, then connect.
4. Hit enter twice, you will see the USB> prompt.
5. Type the following commands (do not copy and paste).
password 0000000000000000 (enter)
set 1e 1 (enter)
erase a0040000 c80000 (enter)
erase a0cc0000 c80000 (enter)
erase a1940000 640000
set 1e 0 (enter)
6. Reset phone and go back to bootloader mode.
7. DO NOT DISCONNECT USB AT ANY STAGE.
8. Remove battery for a few minutes.
9. Restarted computer.
10. Tried Qtek ROM 2020, got as far as screen going white, stuck on 0%.
11. Went back to bootloader.
12. Ran 3 more times, came up with error.
13. Ran MaUpgradeUt_noID
PC shows Upgrading Radio. Please wait
Phone shows uprading radio stack
got to 99%
14. ROM upgrade error
15. Did soft reset (no GSM gone)
16. BLING!!! PHONE CAME BACK TO LIFE.
Now we have ActiveSync and phone seems to be in perfect working order.
Device information shows:
Operator Version 126.96.36.1994
ROM Version 188.8.131.52
ROM Date 07/13/06
Radio Version 184.108.40.206
Bootloade mode shows
Thank you everybody who has given me advice over the past few weeks, especially pof you are all truly amazing.
Will be purchasing unlock soon and would like to know the best way to monitor activity to help others unlock for free.