Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC vs. Sharp/Willcom W-Zero3

Tip us?

blazoner
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question HTC vs. Sharp/Willcom W-Zero3

http://www.firstloox.org/VGAppc.htm
(Other than this page, I couldn't find any reference to this product being manufactured by HTC [More's the pity....])

OK, so they run on different platforms....

I, for one, would love to see HTC start offering something with VGA, based more on the Wizard's form factor. Something to maybe cross the features of the Universal with the TyTN....

Both are great devices, but i love eye-candy with my functionality....

Menneisyys
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazoner View Post
http://www.firstloox.org/VGAppc.htm
(Other than this page, I couldn't find any reference to this product being manufactured by HTC [More's the pity....])

OK, so they run on different platforms....

I, for one, would love to see HTC start offering something with VGA, based more on the Wizard's form factor. Something to maybe cross the features of the Universal with the TyTN....

Both are great devices, but i love eye-candy with my functionality....
The Z3 is Japan-only - even on the phone level. That is, it can't be used with GSM / other non-Japanese networks.

HTC will manufacture the VGA Omni, but it's said to have a 3.6" screen, as opposed to the 2.8" Wizard / TyTN / other QVGA devices.

That is, if you want a 2.8" VGA device, check out the new Gigabyte device - it's REALLY cool.
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices, 2006, 2007, 2008. Make sure you follow my PPC & SP Mag Expert blog HERE.

blazoner
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
as i said,

"OK, so they run on different platforms...."

But there needs to be a NON-clamshell device with a VGA screen. Clamshell cases and rotating screens are stylish, but also inherently BREAKABLE! More so than the Wizard/TyTN style sliding keyboard. Also, the sliding keyboard design allows for better one-handed use. (Not to mention all those gripes about no external display on the Universal.... )

I'm not knocking the clamshell devices, but the form-factor of the Wizard-style device is alot more useful for me.

Gimme a VGA Wizard!

(And judging from the reported initial demand for the W-Zero3, I'm not the only one with this opinion)
Cingular 8125 (Wizard 100) G3 chip-set CID unlocked
Cingular 8125 (Wizard 100) G4 chip-set CID unlocked