HTC vs. Sharp/Willcom W-Zero3

OP blazoner

31st October 2006, 11:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 1

140 posts
http://www.firstloox.org/VGAppc.htm
(Other than this page, I couldn't find any reference to this product being manufactured by HTC [More's the pity....])

OK, so they run on different platforms....

I, for one, would love to see HTC start offering something with VGA, based more on the Wizard's form factor. Something to maybe cross the features of the Universal with the TyTN....

Both are great devices, but i love eye-candy with my functionality....
1st November 2006, 06:47 AM   |  #2  
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 15

5,390 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazoner

http://www.firstloox.org/VGAppc.htm
(Other than this page, I couldn't find any reference to this product being manufactured by HTC [More's the pity....])

OK, so they run on different platforms....

I, for one, would love to see HTC start offering something with VGA, based more on the Wizard's form factor. Something to maybe cross the features of the Universal with the TyTN....

Both are great devices, but i love eye-candy with my functionality....

The Z3 is Japan-only - even on the phone level. That is, it can't be used with GSM / other non-Japanese networks.

HTC will manufacture the VGA Omni, but it's said to have a 3.6" screen, as opposed to the 2.8" Wizard / TyTN / other QVGA devices.

That is, if you want a 2.8" VGA device, check out the new Gigabyte device - it's REALLY cool.
2nd November 2006, 12:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 1

140 posts
as i said,

"OK, so they run on different platforms...."

But there needs to be a NON-clamshell device with a VGA screen. Clamshell cases and rotating screens are stylish, but also inherently BREAKABLE! More so than the Wizard/TyTN style sliding keyboard. Also, the sliding keyboard design allows for better one-handed use. (Not to mention all those gripes about no external display on the Universal.... )

I'm not knocking the clamshell devices, but the form-factor of the Wizard-style device is alot more useful for me.

Gimme a VGA Wizard!

(And judging from the reported initial demand for the W-Zero3, I'm not the only one with this opinion)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread