It can be used in all HTC Hermes devices, the only restriction is that the device must have bootloader version 1.04
If you run this upgrade on any other device than HTC Hermes, you will most probably render it DEAD!
This is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsiblity for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this unlocking procedure. It may invalidate your warranty.
Full caution is advised.
- Enter bootloader mode on your Phone. To do this, simultaneously hold side OK and POWER buttons together and reset with stylus.
[You should see SPL-1.04 on the top of the tri-color screen, if you see SPL-1.06 you'll need to downgrade the bootloader]
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB lead.
- Run the MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe program – this will reflash your phone with a patched radio ROM required to unlock.
- Wait patiently.
- Once the MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe upgrade completes, it will end up saying "Upgrade Error 114", but the patched radio ROM will be flashed anyway, dont worry about that error!
- Soft reset with stylus (Device will not be hard reset and no data will be lost)
- Allow your phone to reboot. Once it has, connect to your PC using Activesync, and copy the HERM_Unlock_v2a.exe program onto your phone. Alternatively, copy it to an SD card and insert into your phone.
- Run HERM_Unlock_v2a.exe on your phone. Wait about 1 minute.
- You should see a "SUCCESS!" message from HERM_Unlock_v2a.exe, after that soft reset your phone.
- Process is (hopefully) complete!
- If the phone requests unlock code when you put a locked SIM, the code is: 22051978.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q - How do I know my bootloader version?
A - When you are on the tri-color screen check the number after SPL-X.XX
Q - How do I downgrade to bootloader 1.04?
A - See this comment. I'm working on an altnative method for all devices, but it's not ready yet.
Q - What is the CID and how do I check which one I have?
A - See this comment.
I spent some time and money developing this free unlocker, there's no need to pay me for that, but donations are always appreciated. You can find a paypal button to donate on the unlocker website.
- buzz_lightyear, itsme, vijay555, arc, Asukal, machinagod - for the wise advice and support
- everyone else in xda-developers.com
v2a [14-11-2006] - bugfix release, thanks to all who reported the problems!
(hopefully) fixed bug where unlock code has to be entered manually
(hopefully) fixed bug where SuperCID was not kept after rom upgrades in some cases
v2 [12-11-2006] - updated to patched radio 1.16
unlocking software provided (HERM_Unlock_v2.exe): thanks buzz for the source of UNI_Unlock_v1 ;)
SuperCID is now kept after rom upgrades :)
v1 [05-11-2006] - patched radio 1.13
- v2a makes SuperCID sticky after ROM upgrades, those who used v1 or v2 and are still running the patched radio only need to run HERM_Unlock_v2a.exe on the device to keep SuperCID forever.