Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 50,610 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible solution to sim/cid unlock the MTeoR (Breeze)

Tip us?

pof
Old
Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Default Possible solution to sim/cid unlock the MTeoR (Breeze)

I got an email today from a user who tried my HTC Hermes Unlocker on HTC MTeoR, he says this:

Quote:
I have checked the Breeze (HTC MTeoR) has the same Processor/ Chipsets Qualcomm MSM6275 as the HERMES, I guessed that radio ROM is the same since both devices use Qualcomm MSM6275, and it is possible to flash an Hermes radio ROM on the Breeze.
I have flashed your patched radio ROM for the Hermes in Breeze and it works: I have unlocked it and I have got SuperCID!!
I don't have a MTeoR and I can't test it, and I advice you not to try it unless you are an experienced user and are familiar with upgrading roms on HTC devices.

I downloaded a Breeze ROM upgrade and extracted the radio (GSM.nb) from it and it is exactly the same size as on the Hermes (14155776 bytes), the bootloader from the Breeze (SPL 2.05) is also based on the same common base version as the Hermes 1.04 bootloader, so the bootloader commands should be the same and MaUpgradeUt_NoID.exe will actually flash the radio rom on it.

Code:
HTC Integrated Re-Flash Utility, Common Base Version : 1.50a
If anyone has the balls to try it, let me know if it works, but always at your own risk and keep in mind that IF THIS DOESN'T WORK YOU CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!!

artinu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yep, I can confirm that.
Just flashed Radio on my Mteor with this update.
In System information I have now:
Protocol version: 32.49.7018.00W
Radio version: 1.13.00.00

And system works without any problems...
This is first updater that did work on my mteor, other ROM updates always stops at 0% and 262 error... Do you think that it would be possible to upgrade ROM on mteor, with rom from ie. sp-jas or dopod595, but using RUU from Hermes?

SecureGSM
Old
Thanks Meter 1
just to be fair:

MTeOR can be updated to SP-JAS (or any others) rom using straight forward rom update procedure.
same as with Hermes (bootloader 1.04).
ROM upgrade procedure for Hermes with 1.04 bootloader is well known..
Himalaya / Typhoon / Wizard/ Tornado / wizard/ Universal / Star Trek / Hermes / Breeze / Oxygen / Excalibur / Trinity / Artemis / HP hw6965 / Herald / Cavalier/ Treo 750 / Vox / Elf / Niki / Polaris / Pharos/ Juno / Wings / Kaiser / Sedna / Diamond / Rafael (soon)
------------------
Securing the future of communication
http://www.securegsm.com

artinu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah... but problem in my situation is that i have OS in 0.94 and bootloader in 1.00 version. And as i posted in other topic, every RUU that i try to run gives 262 error update and phone stops with "0% upgrade completed" screen...

After above update i have SuperCID, phone is application unlocked... but nothing changes, same error.

SecureGSM
Old
Thanks Meter 1
you will have to change your bootloader then.
Himalaya / Typhoon / Wizard/ Tornado / wizard/ Universal / Star Trek / Hermes / Breeze / Oxygen / Excalibur / Trinity / Artemis / HP hw6965 / Herald / Cavalier/ Treo 750 / Vox / Elf / Niki / Polaris / Pharos/ Juno / Wings / Kaiser / Sedna / Diamond / Rafael (soon)
------------------

pof
Old
Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by artinu View Post
Yep, I can confirm that.
Just flashed Radio on my Mteor with this update.
Thanks for the confirmation! Seems that both devices Hermes and Breeze share the same radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by artinu View Post
This is first updater that did work on my mteor, other ROM updates always stops at 0% and 262 error... Do you think that it would be possible to upgrade ROM on mteor, with rom from ie. sp-jas or dopod595, but using RUU from Hermes?
I guess that's because you're on a preproduction bootloader. Your bootloader has 'wdata' command and production bootloader has 'wdatah' command. Have you tried flashing from SD card? Format the card in FAT32, take any Breeze upgrade and name it BREEIMG.nbh, put it on the root folder of the emty SD card and start the phone in bootloader mode. You should see 'reading image...' and it will ask you to start flashing it if this method works on your bootloader. This works on some Hermes preproduction bootloaders (>=0.95) I guess for the Breeze is the same.

For what I see, the Breeze is quite similar to the Hermes, most of the info on the Hermes wiki should be also valid for the Breeze. I suggest you to run HHD USB monitor while upgrading, you will see the bootloader errors and why it doesn't flash your unit. Feel free to ask me if you need more help with this.

XzaniX
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've also just flashed Radio 1.20.X from the Hermes into my breeze... works!!!
HTC One
Zopo ZP990
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

mingw
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Did you just download the Hermes 1.20 radio from the ftp site and run it ?

XzaniX
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingw View Post
Did you just download the Hermes 1.20 radio from the ftp site and run it ?
Yes... However, I still have some issues, probably not related to the radio but to the ROM. I'll give a try to radio 1.16 later today.
HTC One
Zopo ZP990
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

SecureGSM
Old
(Last edited by SecureGSM; 28th November 2006 at 02:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Could you please detail Breeze Radio firmware upgrade procedure to Hermes Radio frimware 1.20?

I have tried and failed. here is the error description:

ERROR 150 : ROM UPGRADE UTILITY ERROR

The ROM ugrade utility does not designed for your device.
PLease get proper ROM upgarde utili and try again!

UPDATE

never mind
you need to enter bootloader manualy before runing upgrade utility.
on HTC Breeze to enter bootloader mode manually:
switch off device. now pres POWER +CAMERA + INSERT USB CABLE.

I have flashed Hermes Radio firmware 1.20.xx to my Breeze successfuly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XzaniX View Post
Yes... However, I still have some issues, probably not related to the radio but to the ROM. I'll give a try to radio 1.16 later today.
------------------