Thread Deleted

How do I save memory, IE use storage card?

OP Nicnatros

7th November 2006, 08:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

49 posts
More
I would like to know how I can get IE to save all data to my storage card instead of the internal memory. I keep running out of memory, especially when running IE.

Also I'd like any general tips on how to save internal memory. I find that I'm running out too often. Is there unneeded files that can be deleted? Are there other tricks to fix this?
8th November 2006, 06:26 AM   |  #2  

95 posts
More
The IE cache folder is specified in the registry. Have a look at the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

There is a String value here called Cache, with a default of "\Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files".

Create a folder on the storage card, e.g. "iecache", and change the value of Cache to "\Storage Card\iecache". This folder will the be used for the IE cache.
8th November 2006, 05:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

49 posts
More
Thanks, that will help a lot! Does anyone know any other methods for saving memory on the devices internal memory? My device is always saying I'm low and I wonder if this may decrease the speed of operations also.
30th November 2006, 04:06 PM   |  #4  

5 posts
In the same line of concern where should I modify the registery to have Calls Note to be save to the storage card ?

Also when you synchronise with Active Sync, notes that are in your Microsoft Outlook how can I tell him to sync those notes on the storage card in a particular folder ?

Thank you
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread