Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I save memory, IE use storage card?

Tip us?

Nicnatros
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How do I save memory, IE use storage card?

I would like to know how I can get IE to save all data to my storage card instead of the internal memory. I keep running out of memory, especially when running IE.

Also I'd like any general tips on how to save internal memory. I find that I'm running out too often. Is there unneeded files that can be deleted? Are there other tricks to fix this?

lts
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The IE cache folder is specified in the registry. Have a look at the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

There is a String value here called Cache, with a default of "\Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files".

Create a folder on the storage card, e.g. "iecache", and change the value of Cache to "\Storage Card\iecache". This folder will the be used for the IE cache.

Nicnatros
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, that will help a lot! Does anyone know any other methods for saving memory on the devices internal memory? My device is always saying I'm low and I wonder if this may decrease the speed of operations also.

fvtluis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
In the same line of concern where should I modify the registery to have Calls Note to be save to the storage card ?

Also when you synchronise with Active Sync, notes that are in your Microsoft Outlook how can I tell him to sync those notes on the storage card in a particular folder ?

Thank you