Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 47,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help[noobish]

Tip us?

trinitynoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need help[noobish]

I bought today p3600. I have however a small problem. I cannot unfortunately open the cover. therefore I can not use akku and sim card. I have fear that I make p3600 broken. i need a assistence, heelp!!
if anyone can send me some picture how to open the back cover of p3600

sorry for bad english, thanks to google
my msn: taylan__@hotmail.com

andreuroig
Old
Thanks Meter 0
did you manage to open the battery cover? I have the same issue.
I must be blind, but I cannot find a way to open the battery compartment.

temik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You slide the whole back cover up. You need to use some force, and you hear a click sound when it opens. No covers sliding of by mistake on this model

andreuroig
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you!

Finally I was able to manage. You do have to apply some force. As a first timer opening the Trinity's battery compartment, I was a bit scared, but after reading your message, I said: "let's go for it! if it brakes, I'll say it was defective" .

helten2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreuroig View Post
Thank you!

Finally I was able to manage. You do have to apply some force. As a first timer opening the Trinity's battery compartment, I was a bit scared, but after reading your message, I said: "let's go for it! if it brakes, I'll say it was defective" .
LOL

I also had MAJOR problems opening my Trinity...glad I'm not the only one - it was a bit embaressing ;)

DeviLduck
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Opening the Trinity

1. Remove the stylus. This helps.
2. Use the edge created to gently push up.
3. It slides only a very short distance (2 cm) to free the back cover.
4. NO pushing on the back cover like the Prophet.
NookColor rooted
Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Tab
Sprint EVO-stock Android for now
Google Nexus One (T-Mobile)-barely used-for sale now
HTC P3600 Trinity-AX3L.3.1.1.LITE-9/19/07-Radio.1.46.00.11-*WIKI HOME*: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/
HTC Tytn-Schaps.3.3c-5/15/07-Radio.1.41.00.10-*xda SEARCH Tools*:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=298893
I-Mate Jamin-TrueNeytral.1.4.MS-Radio.2.69.21-two step safety install

andreuroig
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Removing the stylus does help. Thank you.

emay
Old
(Last edited by emay; 29th November 2006 at 02:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Where do you put your fingers to slide up? Does the camera slide up as well?

//edit
I found out how to open. thanks for the hints!
Eddy May

andreuroig
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Glad you managed.

I think it is one of the hardest removing covers I've seen to date.

flamingcrumb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile How to open the back of the HTC P3600 Trinity for battery and SIM

The HTC P3600 Trinity is a really great phone. But opening the back to put in the SIM and battery is really astonishingly difficult.

The first piece of advice I offer is if you bought the phone in a local store, go back and have a member of their staff do it! Even if it is a long drive! If it does break then they will be responsible!

But, like many people, I bought mine from an online merchant so that was not an option for me.

I regret it is difficult to provide a meaningful photo. But I hope the following description may be helpful to someone.

Ignore the very minimal directions in the user guide which simply refer to sliding the back open. This is misleading. No sliding is involved. The photo in the user guide also does not correspond to the actual back of the phone so should also be ignored. It is actually one piece of molded plastic that encompasses the entire back and goes around some of the sides too. There is no panel or section to slide or swivel open.

Also ignore the two little raised bumps low down at the back. They look like the back of the Magician. I initially expected to push downwards on them to slide the back off. Not so!

Unlike the Wizard there is no release switch, as there is no panel to open.

The back pops completely off by being levered directly backwards away from the front of the phone. Not up-down-left or right. Just directly backwards.

Like this:

|Back| <--> [Prise with force!] <--> |Front|

I recommend using a soft surface for your phone during this ordeal! Something like a big cushion or a sofa or a bed. Not a hard desk. This process will take both hands and your phone will need a soft landing if slips away from you!

The only notch to use for initial leverage is if you remove the stylus. I took out the stylus to make this notch accessible. I then used two spare Magician stylii to prise the back off. I used the handle ends, not the tips. First I placed the handle end of one stylus in the notch where the Trinity stylus goes and twisted it very hard to begin to lever the back open. Once a gap began to appear I forced the handle end of my other spare Magician stylus into the gap to hold it open. Then I found another gap to prise another place on the back open more.

By using the two stylii handles with considerable force I was able to work around the back of the phone until it popped off with a loud "clack". This was an uneasy and contradictory combination of force and care!

Fortunately, I managed to do this without damaging or denting any part of the phone. I was quite relieved as it was not easy.

It does seem the back is made of strong plastic which is sufficiently strong and flexible to stand this force! HTH.
User on U.S. and British Networks. Devices used incl: Galaxy S4 Mini. Galaxy Fit. LG Optimus V. Samsung Captivate. HTC Aria. Motorola Backflip. HTC Trinity I and II, HTC TouchPro. MDA Wizard. iMate JAM. HP iPAQ h6315. Various Palms, Treos and Handsprings... etc, etc!