Thread Deleted

Can you launch a program with keyboard letters?

OP pufftissue

24th November 2006, 12:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
On the palm version, Butler let you press & hold "C" for calendar
or "T" for TCPMP, etc.

I want to be able to do that. I think it's the most efficient way to launch apps.
I thought you could do this via the speeddials, but apparently you can only launch numbers that way.

Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?
16th January 2007, 11:08 AM   |  #2  

2 posts
hey, i found the same problem. i loved the way on the 650 you could assign apps to the quick dial buttons, but i have found no way on the 750 which is a real pain, made even worse by the fact that you dont have dedicated hard keys for the all the main apps. I hate having to use the 'start' button to pull up a menu then select an app from the menu, time wasting. sorry, i dont have an answer, i can only commiserate withyou.
16th January 2007, 07:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
I actually have gone from the 750 to the 700wx with sprint, and i find the 700wx to be better. You can buy a "short" antenna, making the form factor similar except for the thickness which is completely explained and justified by the larger battery which gives better battery life. This is worth it for me. And the keys for some reason are just a teensy bit farther apart and I am light years more accurate. I can not explain why this is the case. The separated hardware keys into 4 separate buttons are definitely better. I dig it more, although the sound quality of the 750 truly was better. Wow. I also did not realize that the intel processor on the 700wx, while older, is easily overclocked to 520 mhz, and that means i can use regular skype!

I'm definitely a fan of the 700wx.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread