FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

tom tom 6 wont recognise inbuilt gps

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Leigh, Senior Member on 8th December 2006, 04:09 AM
Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
... can someone give me the settings to fix this problem, and also an english lanuage voice, thanks

8th December 2006, 05:17 AM |#2  
Blackpool Lancs

More
Other NMEA GPS recever Baud Speed to 9600 on Com 4 should work fine. You can download a voice from www.tomtom.com go to the Plus section of the site and select voices, the built in ones are available for download, what happened to your original? - Mike
8th December 2006, 10:59 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dungannon

More
thanks for the help, dont know what happened but they all came up not installedhad a look at the extended rom and tried to run the cab but it wouldnt run, but al should be fine now thanks
8th December 2006, 11:10 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dungannon

More
the gps still wont work, what settings do you have in the gps applet in settings? i cant select com 4 in tom tom what comes up is com9 gps com0 com2 and serial, no matter what it is set to in the gps settings
Last edited by Leigh; 8th December 2006 at 11:18 AM.
8th December 2006, 11:53 AM |#5  

More
I think you need tom tom 6.02 to recognize the internal gps.
8th December 2006, 12:35 PM |#6  

More
I'm using tomtom 6.010 and it works perfectly on Xda Orbit.

Settings in Orbit
Program GPS: Com 4
Hardware GPS: None, baud rate 9600
Tick Manage GPS Automatically

Settings in tomtom
Select "Other NMEA GPS Receiver" 9600 on Com 4.
8th December 2006, 04:34 PM |#7  
Flag Fribourg
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Have you been to the Tomtom options>preferences>GPS>configure yet? maybe that's your problem ??

Mine is set to com 4 by default in the prefs and In built GPS in the TomTom settings. Hope it helps.

EDIT:

Also bear in mind that the program will take about 30 secs to recognize the built in GPS and then it will take around 45 secs to get a signal outside so give it time too
8th December 2006, 05:28 PM |#8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodemoniac

Have you been to the Tomtom options>preferences>GPS>configure yet? maybe that's your problem ??

Mine is set to com 4 by default in the prefs and In built GPS in the TomTom settings. Hope it helps.

EDIT:

Also bear in mind that the program will take about 30 secs to recognize the built in GPS and then it will take around 45 secs to get a signal outside so give it time too

With 6.02 it takes about 10 seconds for a cold start to get a lock and 3 seconds for a hot start. It uses the QuickGPS files! Mine has usually got a fix by the time I've loaded TomTom and opened the satelite info page!

Phil
8th December 2006, 08:27 PM |#9  
Flag Bordeaux

More
I have :
Software tab : port : com4
hardware tab : port not set, speed 4800 bauds
Acces tab : select the item
These are the settings with were set when I bouth the device.

KR, Imer
9th December 2006, 06:42 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by low405

With 6.02 it takes about 10 seconds for a cold start to get a lock and 3 seconds for a hot start. It uses the QuickGPS files! Mine has usually got a fix by the time I've loaded TomTom and opened the satelite info page!

Phil

QuickGPS files ?????
9th December 2006, 06:49 PM |#11  
Blackpool Lancs

More
Quick GPS is an application on the HTC Artemis and MDA-C-III (Not too sure about the Orbit as I haven't had a chance to mess around with one yet).
It uses the internet or GPRS connection to download a tiny database every 72 hours to speed up the GPS signal acquisition. It is in program files on the device if you have one - Mike

Read More
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread