Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,303 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

tom tom 6 wont recognise inbuilt gps

Tip us?

Leigh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy tom tom 6 wont recognise inbuilt gps

... can someone give me the settings to fix this problem, and also an english lanuage voice, thanks

mikealder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Other NMEA GPS recever Baud Speed to 9600 on Com 4 should work fine. You can download a voice from www.tomtom.com go to the Plus section of the site and select voices, the built in ones are available for download, what happened to your original? - Mike
XDA Orbit - 2, Touch, Ameo, MDA-III, HTC Artemis, XDA Mini-s, XDA Exec, XDAIIs, SPVc600

Leigh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for the help, dont know what happened but they all came up not installedhad a look at the extended rom and tried to run the cab but it wouldnt run, but al should be fine now thanks

Leigh
Old
(Last edited by Leigh; 8th December 2006 at 11:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
the gps still wont work, what settings do you have in the gps applet in settings? i cant select com 4 in tom tom what comes up is com9 gps com0 com2 and serial, no matter what it is set to in the gps settings

gameon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think you need tom tom 6.02 to recognize the internal gps.

bigyellowdog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm using tomtom 6.010 and it works perfectly on Xda Orbit.

Settings in Orbit
Program GPS: Com 4
Hardware GPS: None, baud rate 9600
Tick Manage GPS Automatically

Settings in tomtom
Select "Other NMEA GPS Receiver" 9600 on Com 4.

astrodemoniac
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Have you been to the Tomtom options>preferences>GPS>configure yet? maybe that's your problem ??

Mine is set to com 4 by default in the prefs and In built GPS in the TomTom settings. Hope it helps.

EDIT:

Also bear in mind that the program will take about 30 secs to recognize the built in GPS and then it will take around 45 secs to get a signal outside so give it time too

low405
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodemoniac View Post
Have you been to the Tomtom options>preferences>GPS>configure yet? maybe that's your problem ??

Mine is set to com 4 by default in the prefs and In built GPS in the TomTom settings. Hope it helps.

EDIT:

Also bear in mind that the program will take about 30 secs to recognize the built in GPS and then it will take around 45 secs to get a signal outside so give it time too
With 6.02 it takes about 10 seconds for a cold start to get a lock and 3 seconds for a hot start. It uses the QuickGPS files! Mine has usually got a fix by the time I've loaded TomTom and opened the satelite info page!

Phil

Imer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have :
Software tab : port : com4
hardware tab : port not set, speed 4800 bauds
Acces tab : select the item
These are the settings with were set when I bouth the device.

KR, Imer
Sharp IQ-7100 > Casio SF-5300 > Sharp ZQ-4400 > Psion 3 > Psion 3a > Palm Pilot > Psion 5 > Psion Revo > HP Jornada 545 > HP Jornada 568 > Sony Clie UX50 > Ipaq 4150 > Qtek S100 > HTC TyTN > HTC Artemis (P3300) > Iphone 3G > HTC Leo > HTC Marvel S-Off & rooted

wombat45
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by low405 View Post
With 6.02 it takes about 10 seconds for a cold start to get a lock and 3 seconds for a hot start. It uses the QuickGPS files! Mine has usually got a fix by the time I've loaded TomTom and opened the satelite info page!

Phil
QuickGPS files ?????