NEW MIDlet Manager with Google Sat Maps!!!
risidoro is back!
EDIT: VERSION 126.96.36.1993 IS NO MORE THE LATEST ONE. I'VE PUBLISHED THE MOST UPDATED VERSION (.1034) HERE. PLS USE THAT ONE AND DO NOT CONSIDER ANY MORE THE POST BELOW!!!
I'm here to release a New and Improved version of the great:
Intent MIDlet Manager version 188.8.131.523
This new MIDlet Manager comes from the new HTC Herald ROM
, version 1.2.405
This new version is JTWI 1.0 compliant
and SUPPORTS Google's SATELLITE Maps
(of course, you need to download Google Maps' client from www.google.com/gmm)
This release also supports sending SMSs from Opera Mini
Some Details about the program:
Name: MIDlet Manager
JWTI v.1.0 Compliance!
------- HOW TO INSTALL ------------
- Download Risidoro's Intent MIDlet Manager version 184.108.40.2063
- extract the cab (inside the archive) somewhere in your PC (e.g. Desktop)
- copy to somewhere in your PocketPC (e.g. \storage card)
- in your PocketPC, navigate with File Manager to the cab and tap on it to install
- when asked, choose to install in the Device (and NOT in Storage Card!)
- reboot when asked
PS: It can be installed over previous version (or in roms where the old midlet is included)!
-------- WORKING MIDLETS ---------------
So far, i've only tested it with the midlets i use the most.
- Google Maps
runs fine. Satellite maps are supported!!!
- Opera Mini
3.0 runs OK too and supports SMS sending. Even softkeys works! Photo blog feature, however, is not supported
- Mobile GMaps
, beta 1.30.08. Simply wonderful. Sat images for google and yahoo maps.
(latest beta) works ok.
-------- PROBLEMS SO FAR (and possible solutions) ---------------
- a user wasn't able to use this version to connect to the Internet through a proxy
---> use a direct connection to the Internet; check your proxy; downgrade to the old MIDlet manager version.
- the cab cannot be installed due to a security warning
---> soft-reset and retry; use MS Certificate Powertoy for Windows Mobile 5
to disable all the security checks
- If you want to revert back to the old version of the Intent MIDlet manager:
Download the Intent MIDlet manager version 10.1.7.551