Another idea for you
I too am always on a mission to improve performance even if it isnt broken I try and fix it if you catch my drift, and have soft and hard reset my device over 200 times in the three weeks that I had it. So I have almost everything to improve performance generally. I found that installing the first file in the first post helped, try installing the attached file it contains alot of registry tweaks that I have played with and these have also helped further I would say it has improved general performance by around 20% and have made my Trinity a pleasure to use.
Turn on the following after you have installed it (you will need .Net Compact Framework installed as well to run this software):
0. Speed up the Display (this really works well)
1. Optimum Cache Size for WM5 (this really works well)
2. Increase the transfer rate in SD/MMC cards (this really works well)
3. Max TCP windows size
The rest are more general tweaks but add to the flavour...
4. Optimized cache option for Terminal Service Client
5. Smooth scrolling in Pocket Internet Explorer
6. Allows users to synchronize the device clock with NIST Internet Time Service (ITS).
7. Enable ClearType in Landscape
8. Wake Up PPC in full Power Mode (not sure about this one but won't hurt)
9. Disable Bitmap caching (not sure about this one but won't hurt)
10. Move PIE temp files to any of your storage cards
11. Animated Windows (this makes the GUI feel faster as you get some action)
NB. The trial Version will run 3 times enough to do your fixes but then you will need to buy it to further modify or revert to original settings.
Let me now what you think.
HTC Blackstone - now I can truly say an amazing WM device! If we somehow get properly optimised video drivers then even better.
HTC Blackstone (In use)
HTC P3700 - HTC Touch Diamond (In use)
HTC P3600 - Black HTC Trinity (Dead and buried)
Toshiba Portege G900 '800X480' Display - big as fcuk and ugly! - (Murdered)
XDA - Exec - (Dead and buried)
XD2i - (Retired)
XDA - (Retired)