Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pocket MSN disabled on p3600 TIM branded!! looking for an hack to fix this

Tip us?

D@vide
Old
(Last edited by D@vide; 28th December 2006 at 10:41 AM.) Reason: wrong emoticon
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question Pocket MSN disabled on p3600 TIM branded!! looking for an hack to fix this

Hi all,

I've a p3600 tim branded and the problem is that if i do an hard reset and let customize the device via the files present in the extended rom, then pocke msn is disabled...if I do a hard reset and then a soft reset to stop customization when it starts, then the pocket msn is enabled.

is there a way to re-enable the pocket msn without this workaround cause i'd like to have the tim customization or at least the others customizations present in the extended rom?

Thank you in advance and excuse me for my bad english.

P.s.1
in the extended rom i have only 3 files .cab and a .txt, but when the customization starts it install more files .cab?!
P.s.2
I know that if i want i can crate a shortcut from \windows\instmsgr.exe to \windows\start menu and enable messenger, but what i need is to enable pocket msn and the today plugin
Nokia Lumia 820 with 64GB MicroSD - HTC Mozart unlocked & Mango Updated...still unlocked - HTC TouchPro2 Energy on board - HTC P3600 (no more TIM branded) with 8Gb Sandisk micro-sd and adapter * 1Gb Kingmax minisd * cooked & recooked rom on board * - I-mate K-JAM with 512 MB Sandisk Minisd - qtek2020-qtek9090-hp4150-hp1940 and many other sd - Asus Vivo Tab RT - iPad 2 & 4 generation 64 GB - iPhone 4S 64GB - Samsung Galaxy S - Samsung Galaxy Next
Now playing with WD My book Live NAS 2 Tbyte

alexbard
Old
(Last edited by alexbard; 5th January 2007 at 11:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
You can find under /windows the instmsgr.exe program that is ONLY the MSN messenger and not all the Pocket MSN suite.

Create a shortcut under \windows\start menu\ and it's all right!

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=25...id=80&catid=80

D@vide
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbard View Post
You can find under /windows the instmsn.exe program that is ONLY the MSN messenger and not all the Pocket MSN suite.

Create a shortcut under \windows\start menu\ and it's all right!
Hi alexbard,

many thanks for your reply, but look at Ps2 point of my post, I already know what you suggest, my question is how to enable the entire suite of pocket msn with the today plugin....

any news from the board?

D@vide
Nokia Lumia 820 with 64GB MicroSD - HTC Mozart unlocked & Mango Updated...still unlocked - HTC TouchPro2 Energy on board - HTC P3600 (no more TIM branded) with 8Gb Sandisk micro-sd and adapter * 1Gb Kingmax minisd * cooked & recooked rom on board * - I-mate K-JAM with 512 MB Sandisk Minisd - qtek2020-qtek9090-hp4150-hp1940 and many other sd - Asus Vivo Tab RT - iPad 2 & 4 generation 64 GB - iPhone 4S 64GB - Samsung Galaxy S - Samsung Galaxy Next

seantam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You may try Windows Live for WM5, though it is still a beta version, but it has both msn & messenger.

sayborg
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi,

Where can we find windows live messenger 2005?
Samsung Galaxy Note
OS Version: 4.1.2
32 GBMicro SD card, class 10.

alexbard
Old
(Last edited by alexbard; 5th January 2007 at 11:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Windows Live works not so well..... especially under wifi.
I found it looking at emu***le, browsing for live_messenger_wm.

No news until the new rom release, htc confirmed a few bugs in the TIM release.

D@vide
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation This is the bad cab file!!

Hi there,
I'm playing with some registry entry trying to solve the problem...I'll post any news...

Here attached is the cab file that makes the TIM customizazions and disable Pocket MSN (be carefull to launch it on your non TIM branded device if you dont want to hard reset to re-enable pocket MSN), if someone can examine the cab to understand where this file makes the changes that disable PMSN is welcome, I'm not so smart :(

The file is not present in the extended rom but in the \windows dir, probably is recalled by another file of the extended rom.

hope this help our needs..

D@vide
Attached Files
File Type: cab TIM_Trinity-P3600-v07.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (157.1 KB, 25 views)

vbi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by D@vide View Post
Hi there,
I'm playing with some registry entry trying to solve the problem...I'll post any news...

Here attached is the cab file that makes the TIM customizazions and disable Pocket MSN (be carefull to launch it on your non TIM branded device if you dont want to hard reset to re-enable pocket MSN), if someone can examine the cab to understand where this file makes the changes that disable PMSN is welcome, I'm not so smart :(

The file is not present in the extended rom but in the \windows dir, probably is recalled by another file of the extended rom.

hope this help our needs..

D@vide
I'll have a look at it.... stay tuned...

vbi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Had a look at that cab file, but there are not registry entries.
Maybe the MSN is disabled in another cab, or it's done from an executable.

I have a TIM branded P3600 and done a hard reset without letting the device install the extra software. Works fine and I don't miss any of the added features from TIM software customization...
VBI

MotoDefy/GT-i9001/GT-i9300/GT-P7300

mikiresty
Old
(Last edited by mikiresty; 10th January 2007 at 08:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
sorry...

mikiresty

XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more