Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 47,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash Cingular 750 to Vodafone 750v

Tip us?

mh3591
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Flash Cingular 750 to Vodafone 750v

Folks,

I have used this forum for awhile now, and used its's advice to modify my old O2 XDAII along with Buszdev.net. Both have been extremly helpful. I thank everyone for their advice and help. I moved up to the new Treo 750.

I was disappointed to find out that the Treo 750 for Cingular does not work with the Treo 750v Blackberry Connect software. I have seen this before in other HTC produced devices where the ROM does not match the requirments in the CAB. For instance diffrent versions of the TMOBILE wizard would work with BBC, but later versions of the Cingular 8125 would not run the software.

I would like to flash the Cingular 750 over to the Vodafone 750v. I am willing to dump the Cingular ROM in my device if folks are wanting to play with it. My question is, how do I take the dumped Vodafone 750v files on the FTP server and flash my device over. The device is unlocked...I just need to know next steps. I flashed before, but never with the raw dump. If this info is elsewhere in the forum please let me know where...I am not noob, but not an expert any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
MH

satgoblin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi M8,

Looks more that for dumping the ROM is not as simple as with the other PDA. Thgis Treo looks a bit tought.

More i have been asking on this forum for the ROM and looks like nobody is helping me. I have tried hard to look into the FTP and on the upload center but no luck at all.

So you have a working version even if blackberry is not working or things like that please consider yourself lucky. I have tried hard to flah mince in german language where i don't understand anything with no luck as looks like that the ROM files are a so precious stuff to get...

Sorry for these bad news m8.

Cheers
Goblin

mackangus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi Guys,

Because the device is new, there aren't any ROM updates out yet. Once they start to come out, we should be able to switch ROMs, but it seems clear you can't install a dumped ROM, we'll need downloaded upgrades...