Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Spectec SDG-810 SD SDIO GPS with MicroSD slot

Tip us?

dsdsds
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Spectec SDG-810 SD SDIO GPS with MicroSD slot

It's a dream: an SDIO GPS with integrated slot where you can put a(n up to) 2GB MicroSD memory card.

http://www.spectec.com.tw/sdg810.htm

It's a dream because I read that it has drivers for Windows Mobile 2003 but I didn't find drivers for Windows Mobile 2005 to make it work on my HTC Universal.

I invite you to write to them that WE WANT drivers for Windows Mobile 2005!
Here is their email address: spectec@spectec.com.tw.

vapor
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It sure looks great but unfortunately the SD slot for our Universal is located at the bottom.

Also, this device requires the slot to be SDIO capable but I doubt our Universal's slot is. I hope I am wrong though :P

dsdsds
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
News: Spected released drivers for WM2005!

> It sure looks great but unfortunately the SD slot for our
> Universal is located at the bottom.

True...

> Also, this device requires the slot to be SDIO capable but I
> doubt our Universal's slot is. I hope I am wrong though :P

I hope it too

themonkbythesea
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Here is pic of Spectec mini GPS in Jasjar

http://www.geardiary.com/?p=1894

I very interested in it too, but from picture it seems to still protrude pretty considerably. Fear I might snap it. Found some on ebay for around $150, so might get one and see how I fair.
HTC Universal, to HTC Raphael, to HTC Leo, to something new I shouldn't buy, but do anyways.

garryael
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy sdg 810

it does not function on jarjar or qtek 9000
somebody has you it in driver for the jarjar

themonkbythesea
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default ummm?

didnt think it did either. mobileplanet even specifically states it does not work with HTC PDA's. but wondered/assumed from picture in the link it was operational and not just visual. well, so much for that. probably was a bad idea anyhow. probably should go with BT GPS, but I hate idea of having so many things to charge....BT mono headphones, BT stereo headphones, BT gps, BT keyboard, and the PPC....be nice to have "BT charging technology"....wouldnt that be something.
HTC Universal, to HTC Raphael, to HTC Leo, to something new I shouldn't buy, but do anyways.

themonkbythesea
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default navicon?

dunno if you guys already read about (navicon), just found out about it on couple posts from early last year. i gonna look into this as gps solution. anyhow, just wanted to share.

JayRayMee.NL
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Tested this product, but it doesn't work on every PDA with SDIO slot and WM5.0 I tried it with.

Installed the driver, but both the GPS and the card slot refuse to do anything.
The MicroSD (tried several) won't show in the file system, as it prompts for formatting after inserting in the iPAQ hx4700. When I press OK, nothing happens and the card won't show up in the Explorer as well.

The GPS shows up in the GPS list in TomTom Navigator 5 and 6, but when I select it, the program keeps looking for a fix, without success, even after 1 hour.

I tried lots and lots of SDIO devices, but none of them seem to work. It might be a faulty sample I received from Spectec, but until that isn't sure, I say: damn what a 'pain product'.
Greetz,

Jeremy
WinMo.nl

Jakko47
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It may be al late respond, but it works on my hx4700 as a GPS, installed with WM 6.1, only the card reader doesn't. Fast fix and with clear sky 10 satelites. It even receives indoor if you are close enough through a window.

Tomtom 6 has difficulties, but miomap 3.2, IGO 2008 work just fine.

You have to install GPS tweak first, to find the com port. It's com 6, bautrate 38400.

gadfly
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Swaped the SDIO for the Bluetooth model

Spectec was surprizingly helpful when I contacted them about the lack of compatibility with models the GSP SDIO was supposed to be compatible with. They gave me the Bluetooth version which worked with my ipaq 1910 and am now testing with my HTC universal. Theorectically it would work with any BT PDA even without a SD slot.... that is if you could figure out someway to power the thing.