[Q&A] [DEV][ROM][ION] CyanogenMod 11 | RC3 | Development thread | FINAL RELEASE

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [DEV][ROM][ION] CyanogenMod 11 | RC3 | Development thread | FINAL RELEASE

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Rivvern

Oct 13, 2014
Problem flashing RC3

Hey guys. I've been using RC2 for the past few weeks and I love it a lot. However, the browser bug is getting on my nerves since Chrome and even Opera are huge and slow resource hogs compared to what I had back in stock. So, I've been desperately trying to flash RC3...and failing. This is what I've done:
1 - Modify RC3 zip to move 40int2ext into init.d (just as I've done with RC2)
2 - Flash the modified aw3som3 recovery linked
3 - Wipe everything except sdcard
4 - Mount everything
5 - Flash RC3
6 - Fail to boot, stuck on CM logo

If I don't do step 1 it seems I'm able to boot, however after rebooting and flashing Gapps I get stuck on a bootloop again (this time on the HTC logo). I swear I've been searching these forums for days but can't find an answer for this issue. Thanks for any help, love your work <3

Fufi17

Oct 13, 2014
Hey guys. I've been using RC2 for the past few weeks and I love it a lot. However, the browser bug is getting on my nerves since Chrome and even Opera are huge and slow resource hogs compared to what I had back in stock. So, I've been desperately trying to flash RC3...and failing. This is what I've done:
4 - Mount everything
5 - Flash RC3

If I don't do step 1 it seems I'm able to boot, however after rebooting and flashing Gapps I get stuck on a bootloop again (this time on the HTC logo). I swear I've been searching these forums for days but can't find an answer for this issue. Thanks for any help, love your work <3

Try again without point 4 (unnecessary) and with wipe before flash aw3som3 recovery.

Reactions: Rivvern

booodrex

Oct 24, 2014
hi all,
I'm new here, plz help me.
I'm using HTC Explorer, TWRP 2.7 & CM 11 RC 4.
I don't know how to increase the internal memory.
TIA.

Last edited:

Rocky1822

Oct 20, 2014
CWM

Hey guys,

awesome job you are doing here ! :)
can I know any way to use cwm instead of twrp?

Regards,
Rocky

aashking

Apr 8, 2014
Bangalore
hi all,
TIA.

@booodrex download this http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2160174&d=1375459365
steps:
1. Download root explorer in play store
2. extract the .zip in your sd card
3. copy the 40int2ext file
4. navigate to etc folder and open init.d folder
5. paste the 40int2ext file in init.d folder
6. press and hold 40int2ext file after pasting and go to permission
7. tick all the boxes and save
8. reboot
9. enjoy;)
original thread is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2389501
hit thanks if i helped :good:

Rivvern

Oct 13, 2014
RC4 working fine. Alarm clock bug though.

Try again without point 4 (unnecessary) and with wipe before flash aw3som3 recovery.

Thanks! RC4 installed just fine.
I seem to have found a pretty annoying bug though (but don't have enough posts to report it in the main thread), the alarm clock is crazy. It's constantly crashing and even though I erased all the alarms it didn't reset some and they keep playing. Seemed to have solved it by force closing app + clearing cache.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

What about battery drain in RC4? Is it fixed?

Even though some people in the main thread report it's still draining pretty fast, I think it has improved a bit. Used phone extensively today (read some docs in dropbox for about 4 hours in the morning, screen on the whole time, and played some games in the afternoon) and got home with 20% battery.

nuno_p

Jun 15, 2012
Abrantes
Is anyone having battery leak? in 23h of device on i have the battery at 29% without using it att all, i don't even have a sim card in it and the "cell standby"(battery used by cell radio) consumed 91% of it.

Rocky1822

Oct 20, 2014
TWRP Recovery aw3som3 is necessary in this ROM.
Don't work with any other.
Read this for more info: aw3som3

Hey Fufi,
thanks for the reply buddy!
I've recently encountered a problem with TWRP
- it opens, and just blinks in the "teamwin" image
can I know a way for setting this right?

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

more info on my previous quote

I guess the problem started after I changed the caching method from dalvik to ART from the system settings (under performance?)
after it rebooted, ART didnt work, lots of force closes and I had to reflash the ROM
after flashing ROM, the OS didnt go into systemui ( it just kept crashing)
after 3 times of reflashing the ROM, TWRP started to show this type of behaviour..
now I've reflashed TWRP, but it still shows this behaviour, but CWM works fine, and I can use roms flashable in cwm

So can I know where the problem is, and how I could fix it?
My suspicion is ART was the culprit, but how do I change back from ART to dalvik( or did it change back to dalvik automatically after reflashing ROM?)

EDIT:
after some searches, I used zip files to swap back to dalvik, and then reflashed twrp, but to no avail... same result .. o_O

Last edited:

Fufi17

Oct 13, 2014
@Rocky1822:
Try to make a wipe (or flash superwipe.zip) with other recovery, then flash TWRP aw3som3 Recovery and do another wipe.
If recovery work fine you can reflash RC4.
After reflash the default runtime is the dalvik.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Oct 20, 2014
@Rocky1822:
Try to make a wipe (or flash superwipe.zip) with other recovery, then flash TWRP aw3som3 Recovery and do another wipe.
If recovery work fine you can reflash RC4.
After reflash the default runtime is the dalvik.
I had wiped using cwm then put in twrp, still shows same behavoiur ( it blinks on the teamwin image)

update: twrp 2.8.0.0 works, the problem seems to happen only with v2.7.0.0
but, the rom works on v2.7.0.0 right?

update 2: I had figured out the problem, it was due to my sdcard, I removed it an then put it back on and remounted sdcard, and it works!

Last edited:

Rocky1822

Oct 20, 2014
Error executing updater binary

I flashed the rom in twrp awesom3 v2.7.0.0, and encountered this error

symlink: some symlinks failed
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/OS ROMS/cm-11-20141020-UNOFFICIAL-pico.zip'

I have attached the recovery.log file I made after getting this error

Attachments

• recovery.txt
    89.8 KB · Views: 26

ULTIMATESAM

Dec 5, 2013
nasik
I flashed the rom in twrp awesom3 v2.7.0.0, and encountered this error

symlink: some symlinks failed
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/OS ROMS/cm-11-20141020-UNOFFICIAL-pico.zip'

I have attached the recovery.log file I made after getting this error

it is not aw3som3 recovery as recovery log says out of memory. use correct recovery. wipe every partition except sd card in current recovery as well as after flashing aw3som3. also flash superwipe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi all,
    TIA.

@booodrex download this http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2160174&d=1375459365
    steps:
    1. Download root explorer in play store
    2. extract the .zip in your sd card
    3. copy the 40int2ext file
    4. navigate to etc folder and open init.d folder
    5. paste the 40int2ext file in init.d folder
    6. press and hold 40int2ext file after pasting and go to permission
    7. tick all the boxes and save
    8. reboot
    9. enjoy;)
    original thread is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2389501
    hit thanks if i helped :good:
    Any one having issues with the Wifi on RC4 ?? :confused:

I have problem sometime.. it connects then i turn it off and on again it will not open.. must reboot to sork wifi again

Sent from my HTC Explorer X using XDA Free mobile app

Yes their is WiFi toggle issue in RC4.
    Need reboot to work.
    Yeah there is an issue. But in my experience you can avoid it if you toggle from the main settings. that is - settings- click on wi-fi [do not toggle here] - and then you will see list of ssid - here at this screen - at top - you can toggle wifi ON/OFF and then there are no issue.
    If you toggle through notification panel or directly in settings ; most of the times it does not work and there is an error.

can anyone tell me which viber version works the best for explorer
    Yes their is WiFi toggle issue in RC4.
    Need reboot to work.
    4 - Mount everything
    5 - Flash RC3

I have trebuchet has stopped error, I try to install gapps but not solve my problem,
    what can I do,
    I receive these error repeatly, im confused, please help

Do a clean flash again... dont update playstore...