Hutchinson 3G * 3 Network * AUSTRALIA settings

Search This thread

guinevere

Mar 31, 2006
Summary of settings for the "Universal" to work with 3 network Australia

There are 2 primary connections you need to set up.

One is for accessing Planet3 or 3 content, which is basically intranet site made by Three...in here you can only view Three content, its not full internet where you can surf anywhere on the web you want.

The second connection you need to make is for browsing the full internet just like you would on your computer.

After you have created the connections outlined below you will have to manually select or switch between them depending on what you want to do ie: surf the internet or view 3 content.

To get Planet3 (3content) working you have to set up the following connection:

1) Go to Settings - Connections - then click the Connections icon
2) Under "My ISP" click on 'Add a new modem connection
3) Enter the name for the connection: 3services
4) Select a modem: Cellular Line (GPRS , 3G) - then click Next at bottom
5) Access point name: 3services - then click Next
6) User name: *****@three.com.au
(when you signed up with 3 you where given a username & password. Enter you username before the @symbal)
Password: Enter your password
Domain: Leave blank
7) Click finnish

To access the Internet you have to set up the following connection:

3) Enter the name for the connection: 3netaccess
5) Access point name: 3netaccess - then click Next
(when you signed up with 3 you where given a username & password. Enter you username before the @symbal)
7) Click finnish

MMS settings (Thanks to gunigugu)

Gateway: 10.176.57.25
Port: 8799
Server address: http://mmsc.three.net.au:10021/mmsc
Connect via: (3 services connection, whatever it's called?) Mine is MY ISP

Note: Users have found that these MMS settings work with:

1) IVAN AKU 3.2 Rom
2) IVAN AKU 3.5 Test2 Rom

3mail settings
Access point in use - 3services
Outgoing mail server - smtp.three.net.au
Send Message - immediately
User Name - your full Three email address (including @three.com.au). This will always be your 3 email address even if you are using forwarding
Password - it's a while since I set this up, but from memory it's the 4-digit PIN that you specify when setting up voicemail. Customer care should be able to reset this for you if necessary
Incoming mail server - mail.three.net.au
Mailbox type - IMAP4
Security (ports) – Off

POP3 Email

You can also set up your pop3 email accounts, use the settings as you would setting it up on your PC.

Registry Change for PIE

1) Using a registry editor, find the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent
2) Edit the default value to "paragon"
3) Soft reset your universal

__________________________________________________ ________

Viewing Planet3

Make your home page: http://three.net.au/vws/getgrid.do

If your using Opera as your Browser then you can get access to most places without having to do anything else.

If your using pocket internet explorer (PIE) then its best to make changes to your registry. I personally have found that PIE seems to run faster than Opera, my Universal in general runs better without it installed, and the big bonus is that it intergrates better with Planet3. Whats even better is PIE PLUS its proving to be a very good broswer option.

At this stage Video streaming has not been worked out yet, this is for viewing Mobile TV, Big Brother, World Cup soccer etc....

There has been lots of testing done with various streaming players and the latest testing has been on the WM6 roms with their inbuilt players, however still not fully working as of yet.

Three has recently released the Depod 838Pro which is using WM5

http://www.three.com.au/PhoneDetailAction.do?mid=27&mname=Dopod 838Pro

I think our solution might be in there !!!

Credit for this guide goes to everyone who discovered all this. I have mearly colated it all into one.

guinevere

Mar 31, 2006
The Depod runs on Microsft Windows Mobile 5.0, that means that if we do get the software off it we still wont be able to install it on the Universal ?

guinevere

Mar 31, 2006
I have found that WM6 which has a built in streaming player works with some of the MobileTV channels offered by 3. Channels such as CNN and a few others work ..... finally.

:D

dsen

Feb 24, 2006
Very nice. Thanks. Now...how do I get a 3 sim card for my Universal. They dont sell SIM cards...last time I checked.

rarosalion

Apr 28, 2005
Melbourne, AU
sobriquet.net
Nice summary! That useragent string was EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Now I've got everything working but MMS and Video streaming... (I tried Ivan's roms a while back - but they didn't seem to work for me - it might have been the earlier beta releases...)

szandokan

Oct 25, 2005
Very nice. Thanks. Now...how do I get a 3 sim card for my Universal. They dont sell SIM cards...last time I checked.

Just get any phone from 3 and put its sim card into your Universal. That's what I did. Now I'm using my Universal with a 3 sim card, and I have a spare phone with no simcard. ;)

Binyo

Mar 31, 2005
Melbie
Hutchinson 3 Network Australia settings for Dopod

ThreeA.jpg

Calling - Dopod 838
Messaging - Dopod D838
Camera / Imaging - Dopod D838
Internet / Planet 3 - Dopod 838
Security - Dopod 838
Bluetooth / Infrared - Dopod 838
Your PC - Dopod 838

Find out here

Last edited:

mitchello

Mar 20, 2005
Melbourne
I bought my USIM back in August last year. I got the $29 cap on no contract, cancel anytime, without a phone. No problems at all. Used it in a Sony M600i, Nokia N73, LG something, Treo 750 and an HTC Universal without any trouble.

Just go in and say you have a phone, and would like to get a USIM pack on the $29 cap (or whatever you want). They will transfer your number or whatever you like. Was very easy.

My Treo 750 and HTC Universal work great with X-Series too!!

Attachments

• DSCF4425.jpg
    DSCF4425.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 29

alex2kw

Aug 10, 2007
Viewing Planet 3

Hey guys,

I have tried the 3services connection on my Dopod 838pro/CHT 9000. My phone connects to the network but when this url is typed http://three.net.au/vws/getgrid.do nothing happens. Has three updated the Planet 3 url?

Summary of settings for the "Universal" to work with 3 network Australia

To get Planet3 (3content) working you have to set up the following connection:

3) Enter the name for the connection: 3services
5) Access point name: 3services - then click Next
7) Click finnish
__________________________________________________ ________

Viewing Planet3

Make your home page: http://three.net.au/vws/getgrid.do

Credit for this guide goes to everyone who discovered all this. I have mearly colated it all into one.