Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Daylight Saving Time - Windows Mobile Fix

Tip us?

Dr Puttingham
Old
Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Daylight Saving Time - Windows Mobile Fix

I found this article and thought I would pass it on. Microsoft has provided the registry setting to implement new DST for PDA's and SmartPhones. This site I found, edgeblog, has provided a nice cab to make it easier for us...

Thanks guys! (Why couldn't M$ make the cab for us???)
Attached Files
File Type: cab DST2007WM5.cab - [Click for QR Code] (3.8 KB, 645 views)

endiz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Ty.. my work is giving me headaches over the DST changes, atleast my PDA won't

bilbo_28
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am glad that there are some others that know about the DST change..... can you say Y2K all over again, but this time there will be a problem the day after.

Where is all the press coverage this time? I know my machines will work on March 11!!
Verizon Tilt2 Pro
Windows Mobile (R) 6.5 Professional
CE OS 5.2.21874 (Build 21875.5.0.83)

Ranger666
Old
Thanks Meter 10
This would really help.
Thanks, Dr. P
Sammy N3 / SGS3 / GNex7
All Rooted/Unlocked
Diff ROMS
Solver Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Additional file needed?

On the MS site, it says "For some versions of Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC, there will be additional updates required that will be available the week of February 26. We apologize for the inconvenience." Any idea if the MDA needs these additional updates?

Jizzay1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any idea if this cab will work with WM6 roms?

gizmobug
Old
(Last edited by gizmobug; 8th March 2007 at 12:31 AM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzay1 View Post
Any idea if this cab will work with WM6 roms?
I tried the one from MS's site and it failed on install. Somewhere I thought that WM6 was already ready for this...but I could be wrong.

Just found a page on MS's site about WM6 and I quote:
Q. Does Microsoft’s recently released Windows Mobile 6 platform require this update?
A. No. It does not require an update.

The page is here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...tdownload.mspx and the question is the very last one.

cushcalc
Old
(Last edited by cushcalc; 15th March 2007 at 08:36 PM.) Reason: New info
Thanks Meter 44
Default Did this cab actually work for anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Puttingham View Post
I found this article and thought I would pass it on. Microsoft has provided the registry setting to implement new DST for PDA's and SmartPhones. This site I found, edgeblog, has provided a nice cab to make it easier for us...

Thanks guys! (Why couldn't M$ make the cab for us???)
I first tried to install the official Microsoft cab that they were nice enough to notify me about, but it wouldn't even install.

Then I installed DST2007.cab - it installed fine.
However, Sunday I woke and eagerly checked my 8125, and NO CHANGE HAD OCCURRED.
So I set the time manually, and then my alarms were all off.

Did this cab work for anyone?

Edit: Just went to edgeblog, and found this post: "Once you apply the patch, you must manually change your timezone to something else and click apply. After that, change it back to your correct time zone. This forces the phone to re-read the registry file. I tested this on my Blackjack and it worked perfect. The phone changed the time correctly at 03/11/2007 2:00AM to 3:00AM and gave me a dialog box telling me it had adjusted for DST."

So, I have re-installed the cab and done the above, and soft-reset, and now when I do SP TimeSync I don't have the hour difference anymore that I was getting.

Moral of the story: Not just read the posts, but follow the links and read, rinse and repeat.

HTC One TrickDroid 8.0 || Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 || Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 LB1 || Google Nexus 7 || ZTE Z990 || Backup: $20 Motorola c168i || HTC 3125, 8125, 8525, 8925, Fuse, Tilt 2 w/Android, Inspire 4G. Samsung Blackjack II. i-Mate Ultimate 8502. LG Expo. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S. Motorola Atrix 2. Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray. Samsung Galaxy S 3 & 4 || PDA History: Atari Portfolio, Psion 3, Psion Revo, Casio A21S, Dell Axim X51v, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

bam099
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I'm installing this now, I hope it helps because this was exactly what I was looking for. After DST my entire phone has been messed up. All appointments are starting an hour later and ending an hour later....but the best....really lovely part is that my alarm goes off an hour early. The fact that my phone has made it through angry mornings for a week is a miracle. I hope this helps.