Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Crossbow RDP in Windows Mobile 5.0

Tip us?

JayRayMee.NL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default The Crossbow RDP in Windows Mobile 5.0

The Remote Desktop Client in Crossbow is perfect: just the same as the desktop edition. The possibilty to run in true full screen, 16-bit colors, playing sounds through the Universal's speakers, has an exchangable clipboard, fast rendering, etc. etc.

The one (Terminal Services) in Windows Mobile 5.0 is not much compared to that new one.
Is there a possibility to run the Crossbow version in WM5, or is there a third party alternative, as good as the new RDP Mobile?

Thanks.
Greetz,

Jeremy
WinMo.nl

JayRayMee.NL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,

No one knows?
Greetz,

Jeremy
WinMo.nl

alperenc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
z2 remote2pc is the best i think... colored.. you can download files from pc..

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=16879

madmattco
Old
Thanks Meter 0
here is the crossbow rdp program. works 10x better than tsc thats in wm5
Attached Files
File Type: cab WM6 RDP-Finster.cab - [Click for QR Code] (740.1 KB, 19691 views)
Current phones - Samsung Skyrocket At&t, Samsung Captivate At&t, LG G2x T-Mobile

The power of LTE

The power of 4G

thisguyinoc
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmattco View Post
here is the crossbow rdp program. works 10x better than tsc thats in wm5
I installed this on my PPC6700 WM5, and works great, except I can't use the keyboard . Any body else experience this?

JayRayMee.NL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks, that's great!! The RDP works perfect as it should in Crossbow on a WM5 device.
Did you extract the RDP from a Crossbow ROM? If so, would it be possible to extract the new Internet Explorer Mobile as well?

Thanks again!!
Greetz,

Jeremy
WinMo.nl

Menneisyys
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRayMee.NL View Post
The Remote Desktop Client in Crossbow is perfect: just the same as the desktop edition. The possibilty to run in true full screen, 16-bit colors, playing sounds through the Universal's speakers, has an exchangable clipboard, fast rendering, etc. etc.

The one (Terminal Services) in Windows Mobile 5.0 is not much compared to that new one.
Is there a possibility to run the Crossbow version in WM5, or is there a third party alternative, as good as the new RDP Mobile?

Thanks.
Nope, there aren't any REAL alternatives - see my related article at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=288506 .

BTW, unrtunatey, the WM6 RDP client can't transfer files, unlike some of the H/PC .NET implementations - and, of course, the desktop Windows one
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices, 2006, 2007, 2008. Make sure you follow my PPC & SP Mag Expert blog HERE.

peter3k
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default It is working on Smartphone WM5

I just installed this on my wm5 smartphone and it is working just fine
you need SPHelper to emulate mouse pointer

THANKS

bifor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyinoc View Post
I installed this on my PPC6700 WM5, and works great, except I can't use the keyboard . Any body else experience this?
Keyboard disabled for me too, WM5 on an XDA-Exec. Bit of shame really...would be nice if someone had found a fix already...

fgraf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
A solution that work is to use the Windows virtual keyboard (somewhere in accessories). It's like the PPC keyboard, but on the remote computer. It works... Until a better fix...

Regards