[Q&A] [Guide] Increase Galaxy Y Duos Internal Memory

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [Guide] Increase Galaxy Y Duos Internal Memory

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [Guide] Increase Galaxy Y Duos Internal Memory. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

Ashrocks!

Aug 9, 2013
Remarks regarding increasing internal storage

Hi All
I'm Gonna show you How to increase galaxy y duos internal memory couz it's only 170 mb and that's annoying thanks To SAMSUNG
in this TuT You Will Be able To Put the Size That You Want for my I made it 1GB
OK let's start
what we need is Deodexed rom with init.d support
i'm using XDuosV3 v2.0
Tanks To Kenjboy
and Compact Kernel V1.3
Thanks To Deadly
and Of course Amarullz for his Script
so let's start after install deodexed rom and Compact Kernel

take off your sdcard and backup your data and don't forgot nandroid backup
and use any program to divide sdcard into two parts
1st Fat32 for your data
2nd Ext2 or Ext3
like this
1VZxXX.bmp

then put this file to your sdcard an flash it don't forgot to mount system
Ext-S
after that reboot phone
and open drawer you will find app called Ext Manager
VeELzO.png

Open It
2rtRgZ.png

and press Remove All Methode then give su permission and it will take about 30 sec and the phone will reboot
then inter recovery mod of compact kernel 1.3 and format sd-ext from mounts and restore
after phone will open so open Ext Manager Again and press Install Amarullz
wait 30 sec and will reboot again after phone open if you got messages Force Close or any other Just Wipe Cache and will Be OK
Screen Shots
OWe8b9.png

qcTRUy.png

807Tw6.png

Now I Have 1GB Memory on My Galaxy Y Duos For All Apps I want

I tried this method with GingerIceJelly_v2_RC2 rom with Compact kernel. I followed your steps. The phone booted successfully after the procedure, but when I check out the internal storage it still shows that it is 170 MB.

JorgeAugusto

Nov 25, 2014
Warning!

Hello friend, you could help me install the EXT-S? because I could not install it because he was .zip I ran it by CWM, more changed nothing

JorgeAugusto

Nov 25, 2014
sd-ext

In cwm goto mounts & storage and mount system
If system is mounted it will display "unmount system"

You can then flash a zip

If you don't mount system then you can't write to it - if you can't write to it then you can't change anything

hello friend, I went where you sent, and put to mount the / sd-ext, more appears "Error mounting / sd-ext", I'm using the Compact v1.3 kernel, is that the problem is in the Kennel? ta the / system and / sd-ext dismantled, the / system set up normal, plus / sd-ext no!

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
hello friend, I went where you sent, and put to mount the / sd-ext, more appears "Error mounting / sd-ext", I'm using the Compact v1.3 kernel, is that the problem is in the Kennel? ta the / system and / sd-ext dismantled, the / system set up normal, plus / sd-ext no!

You only have to mount system and sometimes data to flash a zip

If you get an error mounting partitions it means they are not correctly formatted
If you get error mounting sd-ext it means you either haven't got a 2nd ext sd card partition or you didn't create it correctly

Either way you can create one in cwm under the partitions section (note it will format your sd card)

bradyonx22

Dec 11, 2014
You only have to mount system and sometimes data to flash a zip

If you get an error mounting partitions it means they are not correctly formatted
If you get error mounting sd-ext it means you either haven't got a 2nd ext sd card partition or you didn't create it correctly

Either way you can create one in cwm under the partitions section (note it will format your sd card)

hello friend,
There are some questions in my mind.
should I install the same roms?
Is it possible if I just install the kernels?
I am using the stock rom for my gt-s6102. I haven't changed the kernel.

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
hello friend,
There are some questions in my mind.
should I install the same roms?
Is it possible if I just install the kernels?
I am using the stock rom for my gt-s6102. I haven't changed the kernel.

This does not relate to the thread topic so I will only answer this off topic question once

You can use any kernel you like for your device as long as it's for type of rom you are using - ie stock based kernels for stock based roms or cm kernels for cm roms

You can use custom stock based kernels on stock rom

bradyonx22

Dec 11, 2014
This does not relate to the thread topic so I will only answer this off topic question once

You can use any kernel you like for your device as long as it's for type of rom you are using - ie stock based kernels for stock based roms or cm kernels for cm roms

You can use custom stock based kernels on stock rom

So do you mean that I can still install the 'Ext-S' without changing my roms (as in the #1 post he used XDuosV3 v2.0)? (I have installed Compact Kernel V1.3)
coz he mention something about 'deodexed roms'. (I don't really understand this)
I doubt the app "Ext Manager" couldn't work properly as if I dont change the rom either. :)

**EDIT (I mean on the #2 post not #1, sorry)

Last edited: