[Z~Z5 Series][EXRxTHS]SONY DRM FUNCTION RESTORATION FOR UB DEVICE | Z3 lines support!

Will you guys want a open beta test for the mod to work on LP ROM?

• Ya of course

Votes: 44 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

jimRnor

Jun 21, 2012
Sarawak
DISCLAIMER: I AM Not Taking ANY RESPONSIBLE TO YOUR CRASHED SYSTEM OR ELSE,AND PLEASE ASK FOR MY PERMISSION BEFORE YOU INCLUDE IT TO YOU MOD OR WHAT
We have our best Xperia phone with a lot of tech like BionZ, X-Reality(shortcut X-R),Noise Cancelling(Z2 ~ Z4 ONLY) which is really awesome, but most of us know if we unlock the bootloader of Xperia phone, ALL THESE TECH WILL NOT WORKING AGAIN,AND WE WILL FACE A LOT OF LOUSY PICTURE QUALITY AND A LOT OF PROBLEM!!
but now no need to fear anymore, The Team EXR from china and Team THS has presented the LATEST MOD For the people who need the X-R,BionZ worked like charm and unlcok the bootloader without any fear, DRM RestoreZ !
What is the feature of this mod?​
Well, As the thing I said, Unlocked the bootloader of S800 latest device may cause the BionZ , X-R, Noise canceling(Z2,Z3) may not fully worked or even frozen by the actionthat you made.
ok, in a conclusion , This mod is for:
>Reactivate X-Reality,Super Vivid Engine
>Reactivate Noise cancelling
>Reactivate the picture noise that will appear in dark situation( BionZ)
>Reactivate the red-green noise that appear in dark capturing
*THIS MOD WONT RECOVER THE REAL DRM KEYS THAT YOU LOST AFTER UB(except you do the TA backup),THIS MOD IS RESTORE THE FEATURES THAT LOSS BY UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER ONLY!

Well, Except this the main BANEFITS of this mod is
The size of it was EXTREMELY Light!
>This mod is only for Unlocked Bootloader Xperia devices
>This mod are just restored the funtion like X-R,BionZ that will disabled when the DRM keys disappeared.
>This MOD WILL NOT RESTORE YOUR HANDSET'S REAL DRM KEY!
>You can post the situation like is it worked or any discussion on this thread :) I will try to made this work well on most of the devices
**AND please note that the mod will only try to restore the function that depends on DRM key ONLY, DO NOT THINK THIS IS SOME KIND OF IMPROVEMENT MOD TO SPECIFIC SOFTWARE LIKE MUSIC,CAMERA etc.please note this as I am not going to reply THIS KIND OF PM
[/COLOR]​

CAUTION: YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION STEP BY STEP, OR IT MAY COLLAPSE OR IT WILL NOT WORKING!
------------~~~~Xperia Z,ZL,ZR,Z1,Z1C,ZU,Z2,Z3,Z3C etc.~~~~------------------

>Download the main zip for your device and put it into storage unit
>Went into recovery, made a 3-wipe(factory reset,cache and dalvik cache)
>After done for the 3-wipe, flash the zip directly and reboot to system
>After done for the booting, HOLLA!

------------~~~~Sony Xperia Z3+(may work) Z5,Z5C,Z5P(Thanks to someone who is really awesome)~~~~------------------

>Download and flash it, thats it.

--------------------------------------------------------
DRM Funtion restoration main zip
##PLEASE ATTENTION THAT THE MOD HAS SPLITED TO 3 VERSION,SELECT THE RELATED DEVICE YOU HAD
SELECT AND DOWNLOAD IT CAREFULLY!

Main zip for Xperia Z,ZL,ZR
Press ME to download(MEGA
Press ME to download(Mediafire
Main zip for Xperia Z1,ZU,Z1C
Main zip for Xperia Z2,Z3,Z3C
Main restore for Z3+(confirmed on MM),Z5,Z5C,Z5P,Z5PD (Confirmed LP, MM still in test)
as the release of MM ,I will open the link to download and welcome to leave the comment is it worked or not,
Click MEto download(Mega

Extra:
~Why the mod doesn't support ROMs like AOSP AOKP etc?
>2 reason:
1) Original google system doesn't has any modification by sony
2)Original google kernel doesn't has any modification by sony
thats it.
~how do I keep my things work if I am from KK(4.4)and I have done for the restoration procedure?
>just flash the lolipop rom and flash the mod.zip and all will be worked
~Screen mirroring not work?
>Use this method by @triggaz

Screen mirorring fix for all who unlocked their bootloader, tested and works great:

Just follow this steps:

1: change /system/etc/wfdconfig.xml

to

2. add below line in /system/build.prop
persist.debug.wfd.appmonitoring=1

3. restart the phone
~Is New version support 4.4 KK?
>For actually we don't test it on 4.4 rom as we think most of the users are went to LP already.of course you can test it if you have made a backup before.

So what changes will appear?
Look at the Screenshot!

Thanks to @camro for providing this better pics to compare
attachment.php

YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE, IS IT?

Like IT?
You can press the thank under the thread or giving me some donation to let me have the awesome Z3 :)
If you would like to make a donate, you can donate to alexhtk@gmail.com as it was my primary PayPal email :D
DONORs
-the_brad $10
-lorddm $10
-JLBouras $100
-Tom Roida $5
- mohammad baarah $2

Last edited:

GoldPunch

May 21, 2014
Turkey
I am not professional of that things. So, I have questions.
I have a Z2 and I lost DRM keys. So, camera, bionz, remoteplay etc features are not working anymore. I didnt install custom rom. I am using official .167 4.4.4 firmware.

Firstly, should I install deoxded ROM?

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
I am not professional of that things. So, I have questions.
I have a Z2 and I lost DRM keys. So, camera, bionz, remoteplay etc features are not working anymore. I didnt install custom rom. I am using official .167 4.4.4 firmware.

Firstly, should I install deoxded ROM?

Yeah punch get a deodexed one on there, then run this. Op if this makes remote play work ill marry ya lol

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
Very cool, but I would like to know how this mod is supposed to work.
Does it just reactivate all the features OR does it put DRM keys inside your phone? :confused:
The second one could be very dangerous...

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
It is indeed!

It's very hard to tell if it's enabled, don't want to fall victim to the placebo effect!

A quick way would be to take a picture in very low-light conditions and see if the noise has gone away.
But I'm talking about z3 and z3 compact. I don't know if z2 has the same problem after unlocking..

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
A quick way would be to take a picture in very low-light conditions and see if the noise has gone away.
But I'm talking about z3 and z3 compact. I don't know if z2 has the same problem after unlocking..

it didnt but my pics on 4.4.4 with z2 unlocked bl are worse than with other firmwares

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Is there a way to tell if you still have TA keys? Can you relock your bootloader without them?

Yes you can relock bootloader withour TA keys by using flashtool.

This hasnt made xreality work on the new firmware, but i dont care about xreality to be honest, gonna try playstation apps now.

Anyone else trying this for remote play or playstation app, its worth remembering that root and unlocked bootloaders appear to be causing issues, so if this does work we still may need to lock bl and/or uninstall su first

Reactions: kxf41
Feb 4, 2010
Buenos Aires
I have stock 23.0.1.A.0.167 .
I have Unlocked bootloader (lost DRM keys). Root. Doomlord stock kernel advanced 7.
Installed a patch through recovery to deodex rom (posted here http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z2/development/stock-4-4-4-23-0-1-0-167-bug-free-t2929402). Wiped dalvik. Reboot.
Installed this DRM patch through recovery. Reboot.
I notice no changes, took a picture before deodexing and aplying patch, a picture after, and they both have the same amount of noise. I also notice no change with X-Reality.
Also, in service menu (*#*#7378423#*#* ) DRM still shows as erased.

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
It doesn't seem to have fixed anything for me on .167,

But it doe's appear to have wrote some files and a folder (im pretty sure its the same folder that vanished in may when i unlocked) in the dev-block-platforms directory

Now i've relocked my bootloader im wondering if that folder will stay if i flash another stock firmware, and if so would its presence cause keys to be wrote there, probably not but hey i got nowt else t do, so i'll just try anyway

Desperanto86

Nov 24, 2010
Sarov
not completly restoring functions...miracast still don't work and camera in auto mode without flashligth in dark light have wrong ratio

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
interesting, i just flashed stock unbranded .55 with relocked bootloader..... folder remained and xreality works..... next update through pc companion n see what happens...... probably nothing lol.

Edit: Nope nothing, updated ota to .402, no xreality...... i give up

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I AM Not Taking ANY RESPONSIBLE TO YOUR CRASHED SYSTEM OR ELSE,AND PLEASE ASK FOR MY PERMISSION BEFORE YOU INCLUDE IT TO YOU MOD OR WHAT
    We have our best Xperia phone with a lot of tech like BionZ, X-Reality(shortcut X-R),Noise Cancelling(Z2 ~ Z4 ONLY) which is really awesome, but most of us know if we unlock the bootloader of Xperia phone, ALL THESE TECH WILL NOT WORKING AGAIN,AND WE WILL FACE A LOT OF LOUSY PICTURE QUALITY AND A LOT OF PROBLEM!!
    but now no need to fear anymore, The Team EXR from china and Team THS has presented the LATEST MOD For the people who need the X-R,BionZ worked like charm and unlcok the bootloader without any fear, DRM RestoreZ !
    What is the feature of this mod?​
    Well, As the thing I said, Unlocked the bootloader of S800 latest device may cause the BionZ , X-R, Noise canceling(Z2,Z3) may not fully worked or even frozen by the actionthat you made.
    ok, in a conclusion , This mod is for:
    >Reactivate X-Reality,Super Vivid Engine
    >Reactivate Noise cancelling
    >Reactivate the picture noise that will appear in dark situation( BionZ)
    >Reactivate the red-green noise that appear in dark capturing
    *THIS MOD WONT RECOVER THE REAL DRM KEYS THAT YOU LOST AFTER UB(except you do the TA backup),THIS MOD IS RESTORE THE FEATURES THAT LOSS BY UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER ONLY!

Well, Except this the main BANEFITS of this mod is
    The size of it was EXTREMELY Light!
    >This mod is only for Unlocked Bootloader Xperia devices
    >This mod are just restored the funtion like X-R,BionZ that will disabled when the DRM keys disappeared.
    >This MOD WILL NOT RESTORE YOUR HANDSET'S REAL DRM KEY!
    >You can post the situation like is it worked or any discussion on this thread :) I will try to made this work well on most of the devices
    **AND please note that the mod will only try to restore the function that depends on DRM key ONLY, DO NOT THINK THIS IS SOME KIND OF IMPROVEMENT MOD TO SPECIFIC SOFTWARE LIKE MUSIC,CAMERA etc.please note this as I am not going to reply THIS KIND OF PM
    [/COLOR]​

CAUTION: YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION STEP BY STEP, OR IT MAY COLLAPSE OR IT WILL NOT WORKING!
    ------------~~~~Xperia Z,ZL,ZR,Z1,Z1C,ZU,Z2,Z3,Z3C etc.~~~~------------------

>Download the main zip for your device and put it into storage unit
    >Went into recovery, made a 3-wipe(factory reset,cache and dalvik cache)
    >After done for the 3-wipe, flash the zip directly and reboot to system
    >After done for the booting, HOLLA!

------------~~~~Sony Xperia Z3+(may work) Z5,Z5C,Z5P(Thanks to someone who is really awesome)~~~~------------------

>Download and flash it, thats it.

DRM Funtion restoration main zip
    ##PLEASE ATTENTION THAT THE MOD HAS SPLITED TO 3 VERSION,SELECT THE RELATED DEVICE YOU HAD
    SELECT AND DOWNLOAD IT CAREFULLY!

Main zip for Xperia Z,ZL,ZR
    Main zip for Xperia Z1,ZU,Z1C
    Main zip for Xperia Z2,Z3,Z3C
    Main restore for Z3+(confirmed on MM),Z5,Z5C,Z5P,Z5PD (Confirmed LP, MM still in test)
    as the release of MM ,I will open the link to download and welcome to leave the comment is it worked or not,
    Click MEto download(Mega

Extra:
    ~Why the mod doesn't support ROMs like AOSP AOKP etc?
    >2 reason:
    1) Original google system doesn't has any modification by sony
    2)Original google kernel doesn't has any modification by sony
    thats it.
    ~how do I keep my things work if I am from KK(4.4)and I have done for the restoration procedure?
    >just flash the lolipop rom and flash the mod.zip and all will be worked
    ~Screen mirroring not work?
    >Use this method by @triggaz

Screen mirorring fix for all who unlocked their bootloader, tested and works great:

Just follow this steps:

to

3. restart the phone
    ~Is New version support 4.4 KK?
    >For actually we don't test it on 4.4 rom as we think most of the users are went to LP already.of course you can test it if you have made a backup before.

So what changes will appear?
    Look at the Screenshot!

Thanks to @camro for providing this better pics to compare
    attachment.php

YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE, IS IT?

Like IT?
    You can press the thank under the thread or giving me some donation to let me have the awesome Z3 :)
    If you would like to make a donate, you can donate to alexhtk@gmail.com as it was my primary PayPal email :D
    DONORs
    -the_brad $10
    -lorddm $10
    -JLBouras $100
    -Tom Roida $5
    - mohammad baarah $2
    To ALL DRM mod users:
    Thanks for the support to this mod again, to made the mod better and more simple to newbies, we will releases a all new and simple way to made the DRM mod working better. Please read some notes below it.
    1)the new version will release within 96hrs as i gotta work and not have much time to write the script
    2)the new version will just take a 3 wipe and a flash to work, no need to do the such difficult thing like before(like flash old ftf,un&re lock bootloader several times)
    3)the support to Z3+ devices may still not support now as the mod doesn't support to 64bit chipset, but we are still fixing and made it available to these devices.
    4)after the new version release, the main researching team EXR required some donations to support them as they do the mod with a couple of risks to hard brick their devices, so if you can made a donations to support them, they will be happy and gain more power to made the mod better, you can made the donation to my PayPal and made a mention to this mod and I will transfer the donations to them, thanks for your support and understanding :)

Hope you have a great experience with the mod

jimRnor

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    The New Version with the new way to active the DRM function mod has uploaded!
    Thanks for the support from you guys, and we are happy to release the new version,
    This version made the flashing method more easily and more smaller size( approx >1MB)
    Welcome to made report and suggest anytime :)

jimRnor
    To Xperia Z3 unlocked BL users
    To let the Function reworked on your Unlocked Z3 and other Z3 users, Team EXR and YKG are going to invite SOME testers(but not limited) that can help the test on this mod by PM to me.(because both of us don't have the z3 itself
    WARNING: We are fully welcomed the Z3 users who want to help the mod work perfectly, but before you PM to me, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK ON THE REQUIRE CONTITION:
    >An Unlocked bootloader Z3
    >Backup and recovery knowledge(System & Kernel)
    >The knowledge to use Flashtool
    >The Psychological preparation for brick,bugs etc. on your Z3
    >Patient...
    >Times
    >Comprehension

After looked the require condition above, heres the several reason why we must have the tester which have the knowledge to test the mod
    >This test will going to have the over-device flashing firmware ftf to Z3(Return from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2), and it may appear tons of bugs that may let you crazy, so patient is really needed
    >As I said, the test will have over-device flashing, so the knowledge to full kernel & Rom recovery is really needed
    >Psychological preparation, the side effect of the over-device flashing may cause your phone UNSTABLE(On test only, when finished it will be normal.)
    >Comprehension, the step of the test is really complex (but not too deep),so you may need to reconfirm the step before you do the test

FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU CAN PM TO ME TO KNOW MORE,
    IF THE TEST ARE SUCCESS,YOUR NAME WILL BE TAGGED AS A BIG WORD ON THIS THREAD'S OP.

Just follow this steps:

<ContentProtection>
    <Valid>1</Valid>
    to
    <ContentProtection>
    <Valid>0</Valid>

3. restart the phone