I had the same problem a few months ago. My lil sis cell (TyTn aka 8525) just crashed on her and when I got it to do a soft reset it, booted up to the tricolor. Here's what i did:
1. Disable ActiveSync: connections -- settings -- uncheck "Allow USB Connections"
2. Remove the battery, put it back in, connect the USB cable, power on the unit (this should allow the USB port to be opened again)
3. Wait a minute or two, if you get a message that device cannot be recognized just close and ignore it
4. Open mtty.exe and select "USB" from the dialog box, then hit Ok.
5. You should see a white screen, hit enter and you should see a prompt like this: "USB>" (for some reason, I got Cmd>)
6. Type set 14 0 (do not copy and paste!!!) and hit enter
7. Soft reset with stylus
8. OS ROM and radio version should be back and OS functional, the unit isn't a BRICK anymore! (after the "set 16 0" I got it to boot but "No GSM" cell is non-functional but PDA functions work)
9. if it doesn't unbrick, repeat all the steps but with the command set 16 0
Source link: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...blems#problem4
will allow you to download the mtty.exe
Hope this helps.