Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 50,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

miniSDHC 4Gb (sdhc driver fix!!!)

Tip us?

lvsw
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default miniSDHC 4Gb (sdhc driver fix!!!)

1) Setup driver fix (look attach)
2) Format SDHC (use RescoExloerer)
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_SDHCsettings.cab - [Click for QR Code] (4.4 KB, 7282 views)

MacGuy2006
Old
Thanks Meter 19
lvsw, you rock:)

psargent
Old
Thanks Meter 0
@Ivsw,

Is this fix a global fix for mini sd, or is it just if you have a SDHC card? In other words, will it mess things up if you just have a standard 4gb card? My card is pretty reliable right now (with a couple of exceptions here and there) and I don't want to make things worse. Thanks.
Golf is the only thing that keeps me from modding my phone...

HTC Touch Diamond (Euro Version)

lvsw
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by psargent View Post
@Ivsw,

Is this fix a global fix for mini sd, or is it just if you have a SDHC card? In other words, will it mess things up if you just have a standard 4gb card? My card is pretty reliable right now (with a couple of exceptions here and there) and I don't want to make things worse. Thanks.
For SDHC only

chris281080
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
has anyone tested this Fix on other Devices and was able to use SDHC?

MacGuy2006
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsw View Post
1) Setup driver fix (look attach)
2) Format SDHC (use RescoExloerer)
Hm, I may have done it wrong, but it still disconnects the card when the Trinity goes to sleep.

I installed the driver (upon completion of the install it says it may not display properly because it is for a older system, or something like that.)

Then I opened Resco and formatted the card. I thought there was a difference in formatting schemes, but Resco did not offer an option for SDHC formatting, should there have been one? It seems like it's FAT32.

Am I lost and doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

lts
Old
(Last edited by lts; 10th February 2007 at 10:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
There is no driver, or any other files, installed by this cab.

It contains registry settings for two keys, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SDHC and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS

The values that are set are the exact same ones that are the defaults in the first DOPOD GPS enabled test rom, with just one exception being a cache size parameter that is changed from 0 to 4K; that's all.

So installing this cab will not cure the SDHC problems that people, myself included, are having with the DOPOD test rom.

MacGuy2006
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Thanks its. Bummer:( I guess I'll have to shelve the 4GB card until someone figures out a fix for this. It sucks:((((

NLS
Old
Thanks Meter 37
so for someone in the market for a 4GB card, would you people suggest miniSD or miniSDHC?
NLS
*** I WANT YOUR SERVICE initiative ***
My Blog

Devices: (many in the past, still in possesion the following) HTC Touch Pro 6.5.3 NRG, HTC HD2 (RULEZ) 6.5.3 Artemis, Samsung Galaxy Note (magic).

USE FORUM SEARCH! USE GOOGLE SEARCH!

Also: THIS guy is unbelievable! (in a bad way)

lts
Old
(Last edited by lts; 10th February 2007 at 11:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Based on my personal experience I definitely wouldn't recommend a SDHC one for the Trinity right now.

Of course the problems with directories appearing empty and the need to reset etc. could be fixed in a later release; but right now, no.