[Q&A] [RECOVERY] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.6 + ROOT for Xperia SP [20140528]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [RECOVERY] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.6 + ROOT for Xperia SP [20140528]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [RECOVERY] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.4.6 + ROOT for Xperia SP [20140528]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

murky94

Dec 20, 2014
Please help me with this kernel question

Hi everyone, I have installed CyanogenMod 11 on my Xperia Sp with this guide http://xdaforums.com/xperia-sp/general/guide-flashing-custom-roms-ultimate-xsp-t2888579
According to the guide I'm using the stock kernel modified with CWM by DoomLord, does that mean CM is not using its own kernel?
> How can I remove DoomLord's kernel and use CM's instead?
> Was it possible to just flash a recovery and then install CM instead of using DoomLord's Kernel?
> Would flashing a recovery solve the problem or would that brick my phone? I'm facing a strange issue with CM that I think could be caused by this..Please someone tell me that there is a way to go back..Please help

Last edited:

MummyCatX

Jan 5, 2015
I need help

Please help. I installed this recovery and now i have flickering screen like on Android 4.3 before fix from Sony :c

ripampaul

Jan 14, 2014
Kolkata
Updated Recovery helped a lot

I was constantly getting STATUS 7 error message even after removing the asserts.
It was really frustrating to figure out what the exact problem was, then a guy from youtube said that updating to latest recovery could be of help. And BOOM , It worked.
thanks to XDA team for putting so much of efforts in delivering the nicest and updated experience.