Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,262 Members 44,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you also feel the same ?
YES 27 50.00%
NO 27 50.00%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

increased battery life with wm6...

Tip us?

magician5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default increased battery life with wm6...

i have seen an increase in my battery life after upgrading my mda vario 2 to windows mobile 6 .... what r ur opinions??????????

leoni1980
Old
Thanks Meter 53
i dont know if i need to adjust some settings but my battery life using the 3DES.1 ROM on a vario ii is appalling. i charged my phone fully by 3pm yesterday and it was flat when i woke up this morning. Id only made one phone call and had just had it in my pocket most of the night.

My housemates vario ii using the wm6 black ROM has exactly the same problem - something like half the battery life he had with wm5.

wonder if anyones found a fix

motionmind
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't think it's WM6 that's increasing or decreasing battery life, but the radio that you have. Some are better than others about stretching the battery and some roms have included new radios while others were just os upgrades.

kinky-chinky
Old
(Last edited by kinky-chinky; 26th March 2007 at 03:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Battery life will also depend on how much you play with it, volume settings for the device and phone, along with wot delay you set for the screen/device to switch off. I have mine for 2mins screen off and 3mins turn off.

Also wot radio versions are you using?

I have 1.38.00.10 and it will last me almost 2 days without re-charging.

I txt a bit but don't make much phone calls. Ocassionally play bubble breaker and check calendar.
Nexus 5 - Black 16Gb
Rom: C-RoM 4.4.4 v7.1
Kernel: Elemental

motionmind
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use 1.34.00.10 and make several calls, surf the internet regularly, use GPS almost daily (without the phone being plugged in) and play a few games at lunch or while waiting on someone and almost never have it below 50% charge when I get home.
The invention of the flame-thrower suggest that someone thought, "you know, I'd really like to set that stuff on fire over there, but I just can't be bothered to walk."

HTC One XL

DeniaL
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I use GPS almost daily, play games all the time, use TCPMP to stream music to my BT headset, use my calender throughout the day and make at least 100 minutes of phone usage a day, usually it's at about 30-40% by the end of the day.
Device: Apple iPhone 4 32GB
Exchange 2010 PUSH Mail Accounts!
DONATE