[Q&A] [MOD] EXT4All Continued + Now with TWRP 2.3 Support

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [MOD] EXT4All Continued + Now with TWRP 2.3 Support

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [MOD] EXT4All Continued + Now with TWRP 2.3 Support. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

taosk8r

Jan 3, 2015
Tiny EXT4All Continued tested on CM 7.2?

Is this tested on CM 7.2, and do I just use CWM to install the zip as normal?

I'm just using stock CM7.2 no sense stuff (I couldn't find a stock 7.2 mod that just reincorporated sense, despite some searching)..

Edit: Removed needless speculation about the probability of getting an answer

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2776902

Well, because I have less than 10 posts, I don't expect the developer will see this thread at this late of a date, since I can't reply to the actual thread, and will eventually just have to risk it, but Its worth a shot I guess..

I'm just using stock CM7.2 no sense stuff (I couldn't find a stock 7.2 mod that just reincorporated sense, despite some searching)..

It works great on CM7.2. I've been using the mods since they came out 3 years ago with no issues. I don't use the data moved mod though, just the standard normal_data mod. But if you run into space issues with your apps you can use the moved data mod that takes it up a level out of the tiny partition for app data.

CM7 is AOSP based, so Sense (and HTC's apps) will not work on it due to a very different base. Sense uses HTC's framework. So you have to pick an HTC Sense based ROM, or go AOSP. I prefer CM7 because of the stability and speed over Sense. But Sense is prettier and has some nice apps (Eg. HTC's Camera). I also use the ICS theme in the Play Store to make it look a bit nicer. And Chad/Tiny's kernel. Specifically from here: https://goo.im/devs/tiny4579/inc/kernels/ using the last one for Android 2.3, 10/03/2012 .

I still use my Incredible for a secondary device, and it still performs just fine. I've had it since launch almost 5 years ago.

Reactions: taosk8r

taosk8r

Jan 3, 2015
Thanks for the extremely comprehensive answer, and especially thanks for that kernal link, I was just noticing that the thread I found for incredikernal had links that were dead..

So you use the normal one, could you tell me what the difference between that and the No Limit one is? (I don't know its advantage, I'm assuming the disadvantage won't apply since 7.2 is probably the end of updates I will do for CM, since I assume there wont ever be a 7.3 stable).

Do I want to install this mod first or the incredikernal first?

Also, I guess I should do the datadata fix?

I presume that 10/3/2012 is the only compatible one for CM 7.2, or is it just the most stable/fastest?

2.6.38.8-incredikernel-gb-10032012.zip is the exact file I want, correct?

Edit: I cant see an explanation of the gingertiny v2 mod in there, do you know what it is, or could you link me to a description? Also, what is HWA support?

Also, can I just tell CWM to install the zips in normal mode, or should I only install them starting in recovery (instead of making CWM boot into it, then install, if it matters)?

I mostly wanted sense for the excellent error correcting keyboard (Im going to have to live with swiftkey.. Hacker's has great error correction like the htc one, but too much space taken up by the arrow keys), and the 3 level flashlight app that I tried to backup and reinstall, which wont work, so Im stuck with using one LED on normal or superbright.

Last edited:

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Gingertiny is sense and shouldn't be flashed on cm. Use the normal data mod if you just want the ext4 benefit. You can flash the kernel and mod in any order in the same recovery session. I think the stock cm kernel supports ext4 too. Been a while since I looked at the inc.

Reactions: taosk8r

taosk8r

Jan 3, 2015
thanks, tiny..

still wondering what the no limit is, and if I do the datadata, or if it is included.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2776902
    Well, because I have less than 10 posts, I don't expect the developer will see this thread at this late of a date, since I can't reply to the actual thread, and will eventually just have to risk it, but Its worth a shot I guess..

It works great on CM7.2. I've been using the mods since they came out 3 years ago with no issues. I don't use the data moved mod though, just the standard normal_data mod. But if you run into space issues with your apps you can use the moved data mod that takes it up a level out of the tiny partition for app data.

CM7 is AOSP based, so Sense (and HTC's apps) will not work on it due to a very different base. Sense uses HTC's framework. So you have to pick an HTC Sense based ROM, or go AOSP. I prefer CM7 because of the stability and speed over Sense. But Sense is prettier and has some nice apps (Eg. HTC's Camera). I also use the ICS theme in the Play Store to make it look a bit nicer. And Chad/Tiny's kernel. Specifically from here: https://goo.im/devs/tiny4579/inc/kernels/ using the last one for Android 2.3, 10/03/2012 .

I still use my Incredible for a secondary device, and it still performs just fine. I've had it since launch almost 5 years ago.
    Gingertiny is sense and shouldn't be flashed on cm. Use the normal data mod if you just want the ext4 benefit. You can flash the kernel and mod in any order in the same recovery session. I think the stock cm kernel supports ext4 too. Been a while since I looked at the inc.