Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

No messaging with NotTooSmart vanilla

OP papamopps

26th March 2007, 02:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 50

3,005 posts
More
Iīm using NotTooSmart vanilla and really loved it but now I cannot execute Messaging program. No SMS, no MMS and no email. I donīt know why???

When I go to Programs - Messaging nothig happens. When I press button 1 nothing happens.

Why????
Canīt find help in the forum yet.
26th March 2007, 03:13 PM   |  #2  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Cologne

3,005 posts
More
Same after ahrdreset and backup
I did a hardreset and messaging is working. But after restoring by SKTools - nothing happens again. I donīt know when messaging stops working. SO I think Iīve got to set up phon efrom bottom. Urgh:
26th March 2007, 03:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 52

872 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papamopps

I did a hardreset and messaging is working. But after restoring by SKTools - nothing happens again. I donīt know when messaging stops working. SO I think Iīve got to set up phon efrom bottom. Urgh:

I dont understand what you are having backed up with SKtools. This being said, any backup made with SKtools should be used only on the rom you made it with. Every rom is diffrent as every chef is diffrent. Set it up from scratch and make a new backup. then when you hardreset you should be ok to use those backups.
26th March 2007, 04:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Cologne

3,005 posts
More
It is your rom
I ran SKtools after setup everything with your vanilla ROM. Tha is clear. But while installing everything there must be a mistake - I donīt have messaging programs. Iīve set email accounts and everything was ok, stable and very fast. Today I recognized, that I couldnīt write anny message. It only makes nothing by pushing button 1. It makes nothing, when I go to Programs - Messaging.

After hardreset everything works great. So while installing and befor making a bakup of your ROM and my settings - there must be a break in these part. So after restore I have the same problem like before. So I have to install everything again. My fault I think.

But the backup I made is naturaly from your ROM.
26th March 2007, 04:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag Falcon, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 6

2,447 posts
More
You realize you are backing up and restoring on WM6 and most tools are not upgraded for WM6 yet. Could be that SKtools restore (or backup) doesn't work quite right with WM6. Just a guess, but anyone running WM6 should realize that some things just may not work (or appear to work but then break, or worse, break other things due to bad interactions).

Welcome to the bleeding edge!
26th March 2007, 04:49 PM   |  #6  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Cologne

3,005 posts
More
First test
It hase been my first test with SKTools and everything is fine. Everything works. But perhaps I havenīt realized that messaging was not running before I made the backup. So when I restore - I restore the mistake. So Iīve got to hardreset and start again.

No problem. Third time this week with different ROM
26th March 2007, 07:59 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
I read from another thread that the way wm6 stores the contact list is quite different from wm5. Maybe this is why SKTools can't restore the backup correctly on wm6.
26th March 2007, 08:01 PM   |  #8  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Cologne

3,005 posts
More
No problem
Backup works perfektly.

I cannot run any messageaplication.
26th March 2007, 08:26 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 33

487 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papamopps

Backup works perfektly.

I cannot run any messageaplication.

same thing here. Backup with spb backup 1.55 does work fine for other wm6 rom but don't work (restoring) for this rom.
spb works fine but doesn't restore the messenges which are backuped, the rest of the restore works great

strange

da heufster
26th March 2007, 08:27 PM   |  #10  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Cologne

3,005 posts
More
Hard reset made it
After one hour and ahrdreset, messaging is again working. Donīt know why it was broken.

But now have again 25MB after sktools optimize.

Running fast.

Thank you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread