Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 45,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do we need a 12 Step program for ROM Flashers?

Tip us?

anichillus
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzg View Post
ROTFL=Rolling on the floor laughing
thx ...didn't knew that one
Are you looking for a WebDesigner?
"One Meets His Destiny Often On The Road He Takes To Avoid It"

jwzg
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 79
This is the 6th time I've flashed today. I'm playing around with cooking a vanilla ROM and believe me, when (if) it's finished, you'll swear it came straight from HTC. 8 MB PP, based on Faria's vanilla ROM.

Current Devices:
HTC Surround with Mango
HTC Inspire 4G - with stock DHD GB ROM
HTC View4G - unlocked with stock ROM

Retired:
Refurbished AT&T Fuze (Raphael) w/stock 6.1 HTC TP ROM.
AT&T 8525 (Hermes) with HTC TyTN II 19212
WM 6.1 ROM (everything but touch) Link
Cingular/AT&T 8125 (Wizard)
G4 With HTC Branded AKU 4.4 Link

dwny
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzg View Post
This is the 6th time I've flashed today. I'm playing around with cooking a vanilla ROM and believe me, when (if) it's finished, you'll swear it came straight from HTC. 8 MB PP, based on Faria's vanilla ROM.
JUNKY

You just made me twitch.....new rom....I like new rom
D W N Y

Nexus 5 * Carbon ROM 4.4.3 * Franko.Kernel latest * TWRP
T-Mobile * Galaxy Note 3 * Jedi Elite 4.4.2 v1 * TWRP
Nexus 7 3G 32gb 1st Gen * Temasek's CM11 4.4.2 UNOFFICIAL Build - v34 * Franco.Kernel r77 * TWRP
Retired: HTC One, Nexus 4, GNote2, One S, Sensation, GS2white, Sensation, G2, HD2, TP2, FUZE, TILT, BlackJack, MDA
Retired TABs: HTC 4G Flyer 32gb, Toshiba Thrive, HTC WiFi Flyer, LG G-Slate, Samsung TAB

Dr Puttingham
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 2
Default When's the next meeting?

Hi, my name is Steven and I'm a phone flashing addict.

As a founding member of the Unhappy Wives Club here it's nice to know that we weren't (and aren't) alone!

However there's hope! Yesterday I upgrading to the Hermes and presented my lovely wife with my Wizard (replacing the Blue Angel handmedown) and she actually asked that I continue to keep her new PDA running the latest and greatest even though I'll be spending the majority of my time on the Hermes forums... maybe she'll want to learn how to cook... hmmmm...

JamesR311
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello, my name is James, I am a recovering MotoModder. I loved my MoMo, she had a new flash/flex at least twice a week. At first I only flashed other people's work. Then it grew from there. Before you know it I was writing my own gain tables and making skins for iTunes. But that was then...

Five days ago I ordered the 8125 from cingular.com. Two days ago it came in. Today it got flashed!!! I feel like the guy who quit smoking but started dipping copenhagen instead

I hated to give up my ROKR E1!. The phone would not die, you could always revive her!

And to think I told one of my friends I finally got a new phone, one that I couldn't mod

pencilcase
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I even flash my phone at work when i am bored ... havent tried to time myself when reinstalling all my apps though ... I should really give that a try
Yesterday I was shizophrenic, today we're feeling fine.

Nokia Lumia 1020 yellow - GDR3

X-plorer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just got X-plore 1.0 on my wizard and told my wife I'm done messing with it, I have it just how i want. Now, I see there is a new RUU ROM out there and have downloaded. I haven't flashed yet, but that's probably cause i need to get my battery above 50%! Flashing isn't the hard part, its reinstalling all the apps and setting up my cingular wireless account and exchange folder. Pretty much got all the configurations memorized. Yeah, i think its gonna be a late night....

I feel better now that I got that off my chest.
CINGULAR 8125
IPL 3.08
SPL 3.08
GSM 02.71.11
923ANGEL [02]-Manila Rom for WIZARD
by S.V.I.

golfernutnflorida
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well see, theres your problem, you should feel like someone that quit smoking and dipping Skoal, not Copenhagen!!!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR311 View Post
Hello, my name is James, I am a recovering MotoModder. I loved my MoMo, she had a new flash/flex at least twice a week. At first I only flashed other people's work. Then it grew from there. Before you know it I was writing my own gain tables and making skins for iTunes. But that was then...

Five days ago I ordered the 8125 from cingular.com. Two days ago it came in. Today it got flashed!!! I feel like the guy who quit smoking but started dipping copenhagen instead

I hated to give up my ROKR E1!. The phone would not die, you could always revive her!

And to think I told one of my friends I finally got a new phone, one that I couldn't mod

hal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Welcome to FA

Welcome to Flasher Anonymous.
Thanks for sharing.

Hal

kingdarr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hmmmmm

I'd like to try this ROM flashing stuff.......Somebody tell me where to get started and If I brick the phone, is there a way to just flash it again to recover or once it's bricked is it over?