Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Jabra BT320s or similar

OP mrvanx

5th April 2007, 03:46 PM   |  #1  
mrvanx's Avatar
OP Retired Moderator
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 22
 
2,835 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
More
Just to resurrect this thread from back in the day, has anyone seen THIS??
Im wanting a wireless bluetooth A2DSP thing with the AVRCP buttons on it. Also I want to be able to use my own earphones and this looks the ticket!

Has anyone used this or something similar on the Hermes yet?? And if so does the A2DP fix work?!?!
5th April 2007, 04:59 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
I've tried a number of headsets on the Hermes, including the 320s.

In terms of connection and stability the HTC is by a far distance the most stable. The 320s did not have a good connection when I tried it.

Unfortunatly all headsets had lots of hissing when used with WM6. I did not try all of them with WM5, but the results seems to be much better.

Some people have good results using reg. hacks or the Widcomm stack. For me that doesn't work.

The AVRCP buttons worked fine on all headsets I've tried (with the media player. Not all players support AVRCP).

All in all the quality of all headsets is much worse than the supplied wired headset. Still the headset makes sense to me, but not for high quality listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvanx

Just to resurrect this thread from back in the day, has anyone seen THIS??
Im wanting a wireless bluetooth A2DSP thing with the AVRCP buttons on it. Also I want to be able to use my own earphones and this looks the ticket!

Has anyone used this or something similar on the Hermes yet?? And if so does the A2DP fix work?!?!

5th April 2007, 06:50 PM   |  #3  
mrvanx's Avatar
OP Retired Moderator
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 22
 
2,835 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhmaster

I've tried a number of headsets on the Hermes, including the 320s.

In terms of connection and stability the HTC is by a far distance the most stable. The 320s did not have a good connection when I tried it.

Unfortunatly all headsets had lots of hissing when used with WM6. I did not try all of them with WM5, but the results seems to be much better.

Some people have good results using reg. hacks or the Widcomm stack. For me that doesn't work.

The AVRCP buttons worked fine on all headsets I've tried (with the media player. Not all players support AVRCP).

All in all the quality of all headsets is much worse than the supplied wired headset. Still the headset makes sense to me, but not for high quality listening.

Gutted!!

Im thinking is there a way i can test A2DP using my PC as the headset?! Il get back to you if i find a solution.
1st May 2007, 07:30 PM   |  #4  
richardlai's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 4
 
321 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
More
mrvanx: I am currently using my Jabra BT620s (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/9783.htm) with all AVRCP functions working properly on my Orange SPV M3100 loaded with Black's latest WM6 ROM.
1st May 2007, 07:52 PM   |  #5  
Kikouyou's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
290 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
Jabra BT8010 has a great sound and is very flexible...
I would recommend it
1st May 2007, 07:53 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2004
BT 320 has software upgrade from Jabra website. Also, it has a very good function - to collect other music player using a wire at the same time collect to your phone using BT. This can perfect solve the music sound quality problem about your PDA.
1st May 2007, 09:24 PM   |  #7  
richardlai's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 4
 
321 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leochan2005

BT 320 has software upgrade from Jabra website. Also, it has a very good function - to collect other music player using a wire at the same time collect to your phone using BT. This can perfect solve the music sound quality problem about your PDA.

You mean the BT230 can be connected to a different MP3 player using a cable too? (rather than Bluetooth)
2nd May 2007, 07:33 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2004
Yes, the model number is BT 325s, check this out. But I cannot find any in HK
4th May 2007, 10:20 PM   |  #9  
Kikouyou's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
290 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
Mrvanx

I got a BT320s for my super.fi 5 Pro. The sound is excellent.
Volume adjustment is good

I got the latest FW from the Jabra Singapore site (no way to know what version is on the device and what version is on the upgrade)...
The US site shows it as coming soon???

When getting a call while listening thru A2DP you can take the call but then the phone hangs and need to be reset.
The BT8010 works better from this stand point (not much but at least no need to reset the XDA)

One of the main issue with BT320s is that it switch on by itself easily through a slight push on the central button... and the call management...

This may be due to my WM6 ROM (4/23 from LVSW)...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes