XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jabra BT320s or similar

Tip us?

mrvanx
Old
Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Jabra BT320s or similar

Just to resurrect this thread from back in the day, has anyone seen THIS??
Im wanting a wireless bluetooth A2DSP thing with the AVRCP buttons on it. Also I want to be able to use my own earphones and this looks the ticket!

Has anyone used this or something similar on the Hermes yet?? And if so does the A2DP fix work?!?!
Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) - Rooted - ROM: N7105ZHDMA5 - KERNEL: Perseus - RECOVERY: TWRP
HTC Desire Z (Vision) - HT0AFRTxxxxx - Rooted - S-Off - ClockworkMod Recovery - Andromadus Mimicry

Webhmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've tried a number of headsets on the Hermes, including the 320s.

In terms of connection and stability the HTC is by a far distance the most stable. The 320s did not have a good connection when I tried it.

Unfortunatly all headsets had lots of hissing when used with WM6. I did not try all of them with WM5, but the results seems to be much better.

Some people have good results using reg. hacks or the Widcomm stack. For me that doesn't work.

The AVRCP buttons worked fine on all headsets I've tried (with the media player. Not all players support AVRCP).

All in all the quality of all headsets is much worse than the supplied wired headset. Still the headset makes sense to me, but not for high quality listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvanx View Post
Just to resurrect this thread from back in the day, has anyone seen THIS??
Im wanting a wireless bluetooth A2DSP thing with the AVRCP buttons on it. Also I want to be able to use my own earphones and this looks the ticket!

Has anyone used this or something similar on the Hermes yet?? And if so does the A2DP fix work?!?!

mrvanx
Old
Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhmaster View Post
I've tried a number of headsets on the Hermes, including the 320s.

In terms of connection and stability the HTC is by a far distance the most stable. The 320s did not have a good connection when I tried it.

Unfortunatly all headsets had lots of hissing when used with WM6. I did not try all of them with WM5, but the results seems to be much better.

Some people have good results using reg. hacks or the Widcomm stack. For me that doesn't work.

The AVRCP buttons worked fine on all headsets I've tried (with the media player. Not all players support AVRCP).

All in all the quality of all headsets is much worse than the supplied wired headset. Still the headset makes sense to me, but not for high quality listening.
Gutted!!

Im thinking is there a way i can test A2DP using my PC as the headset?! Il get back to you if i find a solution.
Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) - Rooted - ROM: N7105ZHDMA5 - KERNEL: Perseus - RECOVERY: TWRP
HTC Desire Z (Vision) - HT0AFRTxxxxx - Rooted - S-Off - ClockworkMod Recovery - Andromadus Mimicry

richardlai
Old
Thanks Meter 4
mrvanx: I am currently using my Jabra BT620s (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/9783.htm) with all AVRCP functions working properly on my Orange SPV M3100 loaded with Black's latest WM6 ROM.
HTC One, ASUS PadFone Infinity

Kikouyou
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Jabra BT8010 has a great sound and is very flexible...
I would recommend it
Galaxy N7000

leochan2005
Old
Thanks Meter 0
BT 320 has software upgrade from Jabra website. Also, it has a very good function - to collect other music player using a wire at the same time collect to your phone using BT. This can perfect solve the music sound quality problem about your PDA.

richardlai
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leochan2005 View Post
BT 320 has software upgrade from Jabra website. Also, it has a very good function - to collect other music player using a wire at the same time collect to your phone using BT. This can perfect solve the music sound quality problem about your PDA.
You mean the BT230 can be connected to a different MP3 player using a cable too? (rather than Bluetooth)
HTC One, ASUS PadFone Infinity

leochan2005
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, the model number is BT 325s, check this out. But I cannot find any in HK

Kikouyou
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Mrvanx

I got a BT320s for my super.fi 5 Pro. The sound is excellent.
Volume adjustment is good

I got the latest FW from the Jabra Singapore site (no way to know what version is on the device and what version is on the upgrade)...
The US site shows it as coming soon???

When getting a call while listening thru A2DP you can take the call but then the phone hangs and need to be reset.
The BT8010 works better from this stand point (not much but at least no need to reset the XDA)

One of the main issue with BT320s is that it switch on by itself easily through a slight push on the central button... and the call management...

This may be due to my WM6 ROM (4/23 from LVSW)...
Galaxy N7000