Vista mobile device center Picture tweak
See thumbnail for a preview.
Copy the icon file (extract it from the sync.zip file) to the windows directory of your pda.
Step 2: Windows Mobile Device Center - Reinstall DriverNow that the ICON file is on the device, we need to reinstall the device driver so that WMDC will see it.
1. Make sure the device is synced and connected to your PC. You need an active connection so that Windows Vista sees your handheld device.
2. Go to the Control Panel.
3. Switch the Control Panel to the "Classic View" in the upper left hand corner of the Control Panel windows.
4. Open Device Manager.
5. Click the small "+" in front of "Portable Devices"
6. Right click on "Pocket PC" or "Windows Mobile Device" or "Smartphone" or similar.
7. Click Uninstall
8. Choose OK when prompted about Uninstalling the device.
9. The Device Manager will flash a time or two, and the device will no longer show up on the Portable Devices list.
10. Remove your Device from the computer.
11. Wait a good 30 seconds to 1 minute and then dock (connect) your device to the computer again.
12. Your computer will now be installing the device once again.
13. Open Windows Mobile Device Center, and you should now see your ICON on the left hand side (see picture below), and you have not lost any details of your partnership.
Sometimes the wmdc shows your old picture if that is the case copy the icon file to this directory
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\ActiveSync\Profiles\[some strange code like 8ae71abe]
For the first post of this tweak look at http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsu...icon-hack.html
thanks to mrailing